ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you good or bad at making friends? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371270)

reecejackox 30-10-2020 12:38 AM

Are you good or bad at making friends?

i am ok if i make the effort.

Mitchell 30-10-2020 01:02 AM

I can’t even be sociable online anymore lolz

Kate! 30-10-2020 02:02 AM

very good. I can chat up strangers in public places. Usually male. Ha. :laugh:

Kizzy 30-10-2020 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reecejackox (Post 10942855)
i am ok if i make the effort.

Ditto...I just rarely make the effort. I'm rubbish at maintaining friendships. And if you cross me I'm not very forgiving.

AnnieK 30-10-2020 05:45 AM

I'm not great initially. I'm really shy but it comes across as me being quite aloof and moody. Most people say I'm hard work at the beginning. Once I'm comfortable round people, its a different ball game. Weirdly though, I can do work networking events and talk to anyone just in social settings I struggle a bit.

Toy Soldier 30-10-2020 07:00 AM

Fine when I want to be because obviously I'm adorable and the best friend you could ever have, on the other hand I rarely bother because I can be picky in who I can be bothered with :umm2: and I like my own company.

In my work appraisal apparently my co-workers described me as happy, friendly, easy to talk to and approachable so apparently I am also a good actor :joker:.

joeysteele 30-10-2020 07:29 AM

I'm good at making friends with people if I want to.

However, I'm thought very serious and can be distant.
Once I call people friends then I'm usually a loyal one in all things.

However too, if anyone really lies to me or deceives me, then I will sever friendships.

I haven't a single friend who for instance would support bloodsports such as fox hunting.
I have not a scrap of time for anyone who does.
Equally any who'd be content to see the weaker in society suffer as long as they're okay.
So some opinions can weigh heavily to who I'd call a friend.

So what I'm saying a lot of things come into play to form friendships with me.
Once intact though, and if it doesn't change then I believe I am, and am told I am by those who've known me since I was 4, that I am a very loyal friend.

Once anyone ever questions my integrity however, then they are out of my life, no messing.

Kazanne 30-10-2020 08:59 AM

I make friends quite easily ,but I only have 1 best friend that I can trust with my life, I find too many friends become bitchy and back stabbing ,so for me as long as I have my one bestie that's good enough for me, I have lots I can just go out with and gather with and have fun with ,but would never tell them anything confidential ,but yes I do make friends quite easily

Niamh. 30-10-2020 09:05 AM

Not really, tbh it's enough work keeping contact up with the ones I have already. I have my 3 best buddies since school and a really good friend from Australia that I met at 18 when we were both aupairing in America. Those and my family are all I can properly fit in to my life. I'm not great at small talk with people I don't know, I can never think of anything to say and it's so fake and dull

Oliver_W 30-10-2020 09:25 AM

Somewhere in the middle - I'm affable and chatty, but also awkward and weird.

LeatherTrumpet 30-10-2020 09:32 AM

I would say bad at making friends as i tend not to speak to people that mutch or like making chit chat.

UserSince2005 30-10-2020 09:34 AM

I'm terrible at making friends, people always want to be more than just friends with me and then when they are denied we cant be friends.

Niamh. 30-10-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10942993)
I'm terrible at making friends, people always want to be more than just friends with me and then when they are denied we cant be friends.

:laugh2:

smudgie 30-10-2020 10:05 AM

Always found it easy to make friends.
Making really good friends is easy, friendships are like a marriage, you have to work at it.

bitontheslide 30-10-2020 11:04 AM

after 4 pints, i will be friends with anyone