ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Terrorist attack in Vienna Jewish Community - Several dead (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371367)

bitontheslide 02-11-2020 07:37 PM

Terrorist attack in Vienna Jewish Community - Several dead

One person has reportedly been killed and several are injured in exchanges of gunfire near a synagogue in Vienna.

A police officer has been shot and is one of those who is seriously injured, the APA news agency has said, citing Austria's interior ministry.

The interior ministry also said one suspect has been arrested, APA added.

The Austrian news agency also quoted the country's interior ministry as saying that one attacker has been killed and another could be on the run.

https://news.sky.com/story/one-dead-...ienna-12122166

Ammi 02-11-2020 07:39 PM

Vienna synagogue shootings: Police officer shot and 'one person dead' ...

One person has reportedly been killed and several are injured in exchanges of gunfire at a synagogue in Vienna.

A police officer has been shot and is one of those who is seriously injured, the APA news agency has said, citing Austria's interior ministry.

The interior ministry also said one suspect has been arrested, APA added.

The Austrian news agency also quoted the country's interior ministry as saying that one attacker has been killed and another could be on the run.

Police have confirmed the gunfire and said several people are injured.

Officers also said a large-scale operation is underway.

State broadcaster ORF said the operation is taking place at a synagogue.

The report of one death comes from the editor of the Falter newspaper, citing the country's interior ministry.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/one-dead-e...195600783.html

bitontheslide 02-11-2020 08:03 PM

reports now saying that 7 may be dead

Tom4784 02-11-2020 08:04 PM

Jesus, I can only assume it's a neo nazi attack, given the proximity to the synagogue.

bitontheslide 02-11-2020 08:06 PM

they are now saying a hilton hotel and a restaurant also had incidents, but it may be the same attacker

Kizzy 03-11-2020 12:40 AM

Lone terrorists are a threat but when they start working in pairs that's really scary.

arista 03-11-2020 01:43 AM

[Vienna terror attack: At least three dead and 14 injured
in shootings across Austrian capital
Police have said the attack was carried
out by several suspects armed with
rifles across six locations in the city.]

In Austria
they on not sure if this is outsiders? (From NewsnightHD)

https://news.sky.com/story/one-dead-...ienna-12122166

[The mayor of Vienna, Michael Ludwig,
said the latest victim was a woman wounded
in the attack who had subsequently died from her injuries.

Austria's public broadcaster ORF-TV earlier
reported that several people were killed.]

arista 03-11-2020 05:12 AM

The Police have Killed one Terrorist
it's an Islamist Terrorist group

He had a fake suicide vest on.

Vienna is in Security Lockdown.

But one Terrorist Killer has so far got away

arista 03-11-2020 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10945485)
Jesus, I can only assume it's a neo nazi attack, given the proximity to the synagogue.

No not at all

arista 03-11-2020 05:17 AM

Ammi 03-11-2020 05:24 AM

Ammi 03-11-2020 05:25 AM

...it’s reported that the suicide vest was fake...so concerning that one of the attackers is still free and out there...

arista 03-11-2020 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10945580)
...it’s reported that the suicide vest was fake...so concerning that one of the attackers is still free and out there...

Yes I posted that.

One got away
hence the City in a Security Lockdown.

Planned Islamist Terrorist Killers

AnnieK 03-11-2020 05:38 AM

Everything that is happening in the world at the moment is terrifying....we have terror threats, virus threats, increasing poverty, political unrest just about everywhere. Awful times we are living rbrough.

My thoughts are with those affected in Vienna and everywhere else :sad:

Ammi 03-11-2020 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10945585)
Everything that is happening in the world at the moment is terrifying....we have terror threats, virus threats, increasing poverty, political unrest just about everywhere. Awful times we are living rbrough.

...yeah, I was just thinking how surreal it feels...from track and trace very much focused to SWAT and search...2020 is relentless, Annie...

bitontheslide 03-11-2020 06:19 AM

everyone just wants some normality in their lives that they can latch on to rather than constant chaos. These are just crazy times

AnnieK 03-11-2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10945593)
everyone just wants some normality in their lives that they can latch on to rather than constant chaos. These are just crazy times

Every day at the moment brings a little more crazy too.

The election results tomorrow will bring their own brand of crazy too and I fear it will not be pretty.

Ammi 03-11-2020 06:35 AM

...yeah I agree, the election results will add to the crazy, I think...I think that so far as the USA goes...it’s been crazy for 4 years there because Trump encourages so much division etc...but we usually have distractions from ‘crazy’ ...they’re not such a focus as they are atm and have been because of COVID restrictions to our lives to focus on negatives and crazies in a way that we never have before...

UserSince2005 03-11-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10945485)

of course its not a neo nazi attack. As much as you must wish it was. insane.

Nicky91 03-11-2020 07:25 AM

or a crazed anti-lockdown member

joeysteele 03-11-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10945585)

It is Annie, it's like so much and so many of the World's gone mad.

A tragedy and incident like this, made light of with wild and ridiculous possibly statements, never helps to solve anything either

At any loss of life, my thoughts always go out for those whose lives have been cruelly taken, plus my thoughts with those now bereaved.

You are right, it's terrifying.
Because it now appears that solutions to what's happening are almost non existent at present sadly too.

Awful times indeed.

bitontheslide 03-11-2020 07:31 AM

its 4 dead now

Cherie 03-11-2020 07:50 AM

They chose the night before lockdown as it was bound to be busy, be careful out there folks

bitontheslide 03-11-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10945627)
They chose the night before lockdown as it was bound to be busy, be careful out there folks

that's a very good point

Nicky91 03-11-2020 08:13 AM

sorry in german, couldn't find a english article on this

2 turkish muslims saved a austrian police officer at this attack