ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   I blame the parents.. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371373)

Kizzy 03-11-2020 01:31 AM

I blame the parents..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1536489.html

arista 03-11-2020 03:25 AM

Yes Terrible Case.

Ammi 03-11-2020 04:34 AM

.....what on Earth...encouraging terrorism online and detailed bomb making, aside...?...‘ All but two of more than 30 videos of children, including boys, had been deleted and had included the most serious category of child sex abuse images.’....he should surely be regarded as a danger to the public....

Niamh. 03-11-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10945571)
.....what on Earth...encouraging terrorism online and detailed bomb making, aside...?...‘ All but two of more than 30 videos of children, including boys, had been deleted and had included the most serious category of child sex abuse images.’....he should surely be regarded as a danger to the public....

His parents are rich and he's an A student though so he's fine.......

Cherie 03-11-2020 08:57 AM

He must have had an excellent lawyer

Niamh. 03-11-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10945672)
He must have had an excellent lawyer

best money could buy I would think

Toy Soldier 03-11-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10945655)
His parents are rich and he's an A student though so he's fine.......

If he lived in the US he could become president in 4 or 5 decades :whistle:

Toy Soldier 03-11-2020 10:04 AM

I do actually agree with Kizzy though - this stuff doesn't spring up over night and whilst I believe that the parents were indeed "bewildered" and had no idea what he had been up to online... that is part of the problem. They weren't paying attention.

I understand the argument that he's 18 and thus likely to have his own life that they can't know the ins and outs of, but I would be VERY surprised if this hasn't been brewing unnoticed since his early teens.

Liam- 03-11-2020 10:07 AM

The son of a House of Lords clerk no less, one rule for them and all that

Niamh. 03-11-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10945741)
If he lived in the US he could become president in 4 or 5 decades :whistle:

no doubt..........

Liam- 03-11-2020 10:19 AM

The typical flag waving ‘anti terror’ patriots are unsurprisingly quiet about this, where’s Tommy Robinson when you nee- oh

Swan 03-11-2020 10:32 AM

If this would have been a council estate kid they'd have thrown the book at him. (so they should, don't get me wrong)

The class system is a joke in this country though (i know it's bad elsewhere too). For example we knew this girl, was a friend of my cousin -

Wanted to be an actress for 5 mins, gets a few roles as a extra in BBC shows, and a couple of roles in Crimewatch reconstructions. Then wanted to be a singer, got a couple gigs as a backing singer on the Xfactor. Didn't get into a University because of her below par grades, a few strings are pulled and she's in (then, because of the 'stress' of it all, gets a pass to miss the first month of Uni so she can relax in a Australia). All this despite she had no acting or singing talent whatsoever, and was quite frankly thick as.....

Of course, her father was a Headmaster at the local Grammar School, and her mother worked for a big law firm in London.

Cherie 03-11-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10945756)
The typical flag waving ‘anti terror’ patriots are unsurprisingly quiet about this, where’s Tommy Robinson when you nee- oh

You can't really talk,you only pop up in terror threads if they are committed by the right kind of terror...right being the operative word

if you are caught up in a terror attack they wont care what political leanings you have

Liam- 03-11-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10945764)
You can't really talk,you only pop up in terror threads if they are committed by the right kind of terror...right being the operative word

if you are caught up in a terror attack they wont care what political leanings you have

Oh Cherie, it’s too early for your personal jibes today, sorry I don’t post in every single thread on the forum, I know my presence is a joy but people might get sick of me if I did

Cherie 03-11-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10945766)
Oh Cherie, it’s too early for your personal jibes today, sorry I don’t post in every single thread on the forum, I know my presence is a joy but people might get sick of me if I did

its not a jibe, its an accurate observation.