ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Will you get the covid vaccine? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371548)

Josy 10-11-2020 12:04 PM

Will you get the covid vaccine?

If the covid vaccine is released as early as next month like the media is suggesting will you take it?

Cherie 10-11-2020 12:05 PM

I doubt I will be offered, and wouldn't take it for now anyway

Its going to go by age down to over 50 (unless underlying condition) plus healthcare workers, and probably teachers

Liam- 10-11-2020 12:07 PM

As someone who lives with and looks after someone that’s on the vulnerable list, I might be required to

UserSince2005 10-11-2020 12:12 PM

No way, i aint no ones guinea pig

Niamh. 10-11-2020 12:15 PM

I'm very pro vaccine but I'm a bit nervous about how fast this one has been rolled out tbh :skull:

UserSince2005 10-11-2020 12:17 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/co...lepsy-flu.html

Thousands of people in Sweden cannot get a good nights sleep anymore after a nationwide Swine Flu vaccine programme.

Niamh. 10-11-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10951244)

Thousands of people in Sweden cannot get a good nights sleep anymore after a nationwide Swine Flu vaccine programme.

Yeah that was another one actually I was wary of, they were offering it at my kids schools back then but I didn't get it for them. I actually asked my moms neighbour who was a Doctor and his answer was "My kids won't be getting it" so yeah that was enough for me :laugh:

Vanessa 10-11-2020 12:20 PM

Yes.

arista 10-11-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10951238)
No way, i aint no ones guinea pig

But the 40,000
Worldwide, that tested it, are fine

arista 10-11-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10951244)

Sure that maybe a mess

But this one
is not the same route

arista 10-11-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10951240)
I'm very vaccine but I'm a bit nervous about how fast this one has been rolled out tbh :skull:

Yes it is fast
but 40,000 folks all doing well on it
should change your mind

Cherie 10-11-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10951240)
I'm very vaccine but I'm a bit nervous about how fast this one has been rolled out tbh :skull:

I was listening to someone explaining how it was done, in a normal route there would be pauses, they haven't paused and they ran many of the elements which would normally be done in sequence in parrallel

Cherie 10-11-2020 12:26 PM

If I had an underlying condition or was over 75 I would take it no question.

Ammi 10-11-2020 12:30 PM

...I’m not sure, it’s not a decision that I have to make atm...we know someone who is working on it and will talk to him as well for his take...

Kazanne 10-11-2020 12:39 PM

I will have it ,if it's offered it wont be rolled out until they are pretty sure it's safe, I don't know what people want really, it seems whatever is offered to help , people rebel against it, the herd immunity was frowned upon ,the lockdown was frowned upon, the lifting of lockdown was frowned upon, Schools closing or opening was frowned upon ,it seems people will just never be happy with anything that is rolled out, we now have hopes of a vaccine that could help and we are still not happy it seems. :shrug:

Niamh. 10-11-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10951258)
...I’m not sure, it’s not a decision that I have to make atm...we know someone who is working on it and will talk to him as well for his take...

Oh let us know what he says

Niamh. 10-11-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10951264)
I will have it ,if it's offered it wont be rolled out until they are pretty sure it's safe, I don't know what people want really, it seems whatever is offered to help , people rebel against it, the herd immunity was frowned upon ,the lockdown was frowned upon, the lifting of lockdown was frowned upon, Schools closing or opening was frowned upon ,it seems people will just never be happy with anything that is rolled out, we now have hopes of a vaccine that could help and we are still not happy it seems. :shrug:

That's a bit unfair Kaz, people are rightly cautious when a drug is rolled out that quickly. I want more than anything for all this to be over it's certainly not rebelling for the sake of it

Ramsay 10-11-2020 12:51 PM

Obviously

bitontheslide 10-11-2020 12:54 PM

I will have it if the metrics look good on it, but it won't be without a degree of trepidation As i'm in a more vulnerable age group, it likely is the sensible way forward.

Tom4784 10-11-2020 01:02 PM

I'll take the vaccine if it's tested and proven.

Toy Soldier 10-11-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10951254)
in a normal route there would be pauses, they haven't paused and they ran many of the elements which would normally be done in sequence in parrallel

That sounds like a long-winded way of saying "it was rushed", let's be honest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10951264)
I will have it ,if it's offered it wont be rolled out until they are pretty sure it's safe

They are currently desperate for something to work, and there are multiple examples of vaccines being rolled out with horrific results in the past.

100% vaccine safety is a myth, vaccines carry risks and while I'm generally happy to be vaccinated myself and have my kids vaccinated - these are tried and tested vaccines that have been given out hundreds of millions, if not billions of times over multiple decades and the data on them is very robust. New vaccines always come with an element of risk and they usually take a lot longer to be developed and tested which mitigates a lot of the potential unforeseen risks. As of 2019 they have a relatively robust seeming Ebola vaccine, for example... it took decades of development.

I'm in the lowest priority group (under 40, in good health) so I'm not likely to be offered it any time soon... which I'm quite happy with. There's no way around the fact that this will have been sped up to an unprecedented degree and therefore, there is simply no way to know for sure about potential side effects, even short term let alone longer term. Selfishly, I'm OK with there being tens of millions in line before me.

bitontheslide 10-11-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10951284)
That sounds like a long-winded way of saying "it was rushed", let's be honest.

They are currently desperate for something to work, and there are multiple examples of vaccines being rolled out with horrific results in the past.

100% vaccine safety is a myth, vaccines carry risks and while I'm generally happy to be vaccinated myself and have my kids vaccinated - these are tried and tested vaccines that have been given out hundreds of millions, if not billions of times over multiple decades and the data on them is very robust. New vaccines always come with an element of risk and they usually take a lot longer to be developed and tested which mitigates a lot of the potential unforeseen risks. As of 2019 they have a relatively robust seeming Ebola vaccine, for example... it took decades of development.

I'm in the lowest priority group (under 40, in good health) so I'm not likely to be offered it any time soon... which I'm quite happy with. There's no way around the fact that this will have been sped up to an unprecedented degree and therefore, there is simply no way to know for sure about potential side effects, even short term let alone longer term. Selfishly, I'm OK with there being tens of millions in line before me.

it always boils down to risk vs reward. Under 40's won't be offered it early, but then the generally won't need it.

What would be very funny is the over 60's all dancing there way to the shops/pubs while all the youngsters are stuck at home :laugh:

smudgie 10-11-2020 01:19 PM

Not at all sure about this.
Might suggest hubby has it and I skip it.:shrug:
See how it goes.

Toy Soldier 10-11-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10951291)
it always boils down to risk vs reward. Under 40's won't be offered it early, but then the generally won't need it.

What would be very funny is the over 60's all dancing there way to the shops/pubs while all the youngsters are stuck at home :laugh:

If vulnerable groups are vaccinated then there should be little (if any) reason for restrictions, other than probably trying to maintain social distancing for the time being and things like vigilant hand hygiene. I honestly think using hand-san in the car after shopping is going to be a lifelong habit at this point :joker: ... I mean, Covid or no Covid it's probably good practice, as are hand cleaning stations being readily available in public :shrug:.

But yes I agree it's a sliding scale of risk; based on various factors, there will obviously be a "pivot point" where the risk of catching Covid outweighs the risk of having an experimental vaccine. For me, that point is probably around 50 in good health, or at about 20 with complicating health factors (unless those fasctors include immunity disorders that could make vaccination itself more risky). I don't think there would be much reason at all to start vaccinating under-20's and certainly not under-12's.

Toy Soldier 10-11-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10951297)
Might suggest hubby has it and I skip it.:shrug:

I like your style smudgie :laugh: