ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590)
-   -   Has I’m a Celeb ran it’s format dry? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371698)

Joe. 16-11-2020 08:13 PM

Has I’m a Celeb ran it’s format dry?

The premiere was so vanilla. Just not the same as big bro, every single year it’s exactly the same. Everyone so nicey nice and just so dull to watch! I wanted to watch this year but the location change just isn’t doing it for me. From the get go it’s clear Shane or Jordan have it in the bag- bring back the days of Janine Butcher VS Ashley Roberts 51/49% finale vote!

I just think they need to cast more celebs like Kim Woodburn/Lady C/Gillian McKeith or this show is so dull. Even the trials nowadays ae less and less interesting to watch. BB is so much more intense and Celebs go on more of a journey, the Parilympian (who?), Happy mum happy baby and AJ (maybe) are just going to be lost in this and early boots. Such a snooze-fest. Agree or disagree?

Denver 16-11-2020 08:15 PM

I dont know how you can say a castle is the same format as a Jungle

GoldHeart 16-11-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10954895)

This! Lool

Joe. 16-11-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

It’s literally exactly the same except for it being stone walls instead of trees...

Zizu 16-11-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe. (Post 10954899)
It’s literally exactly the same except for it being stone walls instead of trees...

It’s the polar opposite in my opinion.

I’m already close to giving up on it and I reality like most of the participants.

It’s just too dark and grim and confined for my liking anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marsh. 16-11-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Erm... the format is the exact same. The setting might be different, but the show is not.

Marsh. 16-11-2020 08:57 PM

It went stale at least 6 years ago for me. Haven't watched a full series for a long time.

Joe. 16-11-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10954936)
It went stale at least 6 years ago for me. Haven't watched a full series for a long time.

I always start and then stop a few episodes in.

Format is exactly the same, some dingy castle isn’t swaying me soz.

Amy Jade 16-11-2020 09:07 PM

It's been stale for a while. I think the key is in the casting really.

Like some series have had bigger names and been dull and then they cast random weirdos like Lady C and the series gets good

Denver 16-11-2020 09:07 PM

The format is clearing working though as its been improving ratings for the last 3 years

Jack_ 16-11-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe. (Post 10954894)
bring back the days of Janine Butcher VS Ashley Roberts 51/49% finale vote!

No let’s really not :umm2: that era was the worst

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe. (Post 10954894)
I just think they need to cast more celebs like Kim Woodburn/Lady C/Gillian McKeith or this show is so dull.

This much is true though and I largely agree with the rest

The happy clappy kumbaya nonsense where everyone gets 9/10 stars and they all get along, cheered on by viewers who think that’s great TV, needs to stop

The 2015 series was one of the best for a reason

Marsh. 16-11-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10954953)
The format is clearing working though as its been improving ratings for the last 3 years

Whether a format is good is entirely subjective.

Don't care what ratings it gets.

Jigs 16-11-2020 10:04 PM

Yes its a tired ho

Zizu 17-11-2020 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 10954987)
No let’s really not :umm2: that era was the worst

This much is true though and I largely agree with the rest

The happy clappy kumbaya nonsense where everyone gets 9/10 stars and they all get along, cheered on by viewers who think that’s great TV, needs to stop

The 2015 series was one of the best for a reason

It’s all down to opinion ..

I much prefer to watch a nice group of mixed personalities getting on with each other .

I hate confrontation or unpleasantness or even people who love conflict.

Mystic Mock 17-11-2020 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10955062)
It’s all down to opinion ..

I much prefer to watch a nice group of mixed personalities getting on with each other .

I hate confrontation or unpleasantness or even people who love conflict.

I agree with you that it's good to have a mix of personalities on the Show, but that's something that every Show (even scripted Shows) should be aiming for anyway.

I do however find a Show dull if there's no conflict whatsoever. With the exception of the Talent Shows of course.

Zizu 17-11-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10955069)
I agree with you that it's good to have a mix of personalities on the Show, but that's something that every Show (even scripted Shows) should be aiming for anyway.

I do however find a Show dull if there's no conflict whatsoever. With the exception of the Talent Shows of course.

We all experience conflict / stress/ bullying of one kind or another ( to varying degrees) in our daily lives though ..

Mystic Mock 17-11-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10955076)
We all experience conflict / stress/ bullying of one kind or another ( to varying degrees) in our daily lives though ..

But TV isn't real life though.

For example I wouldn't want half of the things that happened on GOT to happen in real life, but for the Show itself it made for great TV.

IAC obviously isn't GOT, but like all TV Shows it'll need a bit of conflict to remain interesting for my tastes anyway.

Cherie 17-11-2020 08:42 AM

Its early days, they are all in the honeymoon phase so far, give it a week before we write it off

LeatherTrumpet 17-11-2020 08:46 AM

i said yes. But as there is nothing much else on .

Strictly Jake 17-11-2020 08:49 AM

I think there will be quite a lot of tension in this series. The acold weather isnt going to help

Potential hot heads:

Vernon
Shane
Beverly
Victoria

Marsh. 17-11-2020 09:02 AM

I don't think Beverly is a hot head in the slightest. She's more likely to burst into tears.

Elliot 17-11-2020 09:14 AM

Axe this X factor and Britain’s got talent. Time to come up with something new

Denver 17-11-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10955114)
Axe this X factor and Britain’s got talent. Time to come up with something new

Yes because ITV are gonna to axe the only show that gets them over 10m views a year, X Factor is dead and there is only one series left for it

James 17-11-2020 06:30 PM

Agree, but I haven't watched in years, so I don't know what it is like now.

Daniel-X 17-11-2020 09:26 PM

I haven’t watched a full series since 2016 (which itself was terrible). The problem is the casting; they cast for a ‘wholesome’ ‘family’ camp vibe and it’s dull as dishwater television. Unfortunately it gets high viewing figures year on year (for reasons I do not know why) so I think we’ll have this format around for years to come.