ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Kay Burley - 60th Birthday Party rule break (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372179)

Cherie 08-12-2020 08:22 AM

Kay Burley - 60th Birthday Party rule break

The Sky News presenter Kay Burley has apologised after she admitted to holding a 60th birthday party that broke Covid regulations on Saturday night.

Burley, who was facing an internal inquiry on Monday night over the incident, went to the Century Club in Soho, London, to mark the occasion in a group of 10 that included Sky colleagues Beth Rigby, Inzamam Rashid and Sam Washington.

The group sat at two tables, of six and four, before going on to a nearby restaurant, Folie. A smaller group of four then returned to Burley’s home to continue the celebrations.

All of the Sky staff are now facing a review of their conduct by their employer, which said it was “disappointed” by the incident.

On Monday evening, after the Guido Fawkes website published the story, Burley – who has held a series of politicians’ feet to the fire over lockdown rules this year – admitted to breaking tier 2 restrictions, tweeting: “I want to apologise to you all for an error of judgment. On Saturday night I was enjoying my 60th birthday at a Covid-compliant restaurant. I am embarrassed to say that later in the evening I inadvertently broke the rules.

“I had been waiting for a taxi at 11pm to get home. Desperate for the loo, I briefly popped into another restaurant to spend a penny. I can only apologise.”

Burley is understood to have blamed the situation on misunderstandings in planning and organising the event. But she did not address why a group of four people, including Rashid and former Sky News royal correspondent and Huawei PR executive Paul Harrison, returned to her home after the dinner, a claim that is not believed to be in dispute. Other Sky News staff are understood to be irritated by details of the event.

Burley has been a stern interrogator of politicians who have been perceived as making excuses over lockdown breaches this year.

In May, she conducted a widely shared interview with cabinet minister Michael Gove about the Dominic Cummings affair, repeatedly asking him to clarify what the government advice would be for a member of the public “struggling with Covid-19 and you think you’ve got a problem with your eyesight”, in reference to Cummings’ explanation of his trip to Barnard Castle.

She also interviewed the health secretary, Matt Hancock, after Prof Neil Ferguson was forced to resign as a government adviser and asked: “What did you think when you read it? Did you bang your head on the desk?”

A Sky News spokesperson said: “We place the highest importance on complying with the government guidelines on Covid, and we expect all our people to comply.

“We were disappointed to learn that a small number of Sky News staff may have engaged in activity that breached the guidelines. Although this took place at a social event in personal time, we expect all our people to follow the rules that are in place for everyone. An internal process is under way to review the conduct of the people involved.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...onavirus-rules

what does she mean later in the evening she broke the rules, its no household mixing, and there were various households involved?

sack ha!

LeatherTrumpet 08-12-2020 08:38 AM

let me just cut through the BS for people:

“I want to apologise to you all for an error of judgment."

Is BS speak for: - I deliberately disregarded the rules because i thought I was above them

Cherie 08-12-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10965993)
let me just cut through the BS for people:

“I want to apologise to you all for an error of judgment."

Is BS speak for: - I deliberately disregarded the rules because i thought I was above them

wonder who outed her :laugh:

a disgruntled non invitee!

Marsh. 08-12-2020 08:59 AM

Same as Rita Ora, knew what she was doing. Pretends it was a mistake but pays the fine she can afford to pay anyway. Selfish.

Scum.

arista 08-12-2020 09:08 AM

Yes she was a bit Cocky
and poor Beth also of duty

arista 08-12-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10965994)
wonder who outed her :laugh:

a disgruntled non invitee!

It was that Guido Fawkes site
Good on them

https://order-order.com/2020/12/08/k...-than-answers/

Nicky91 08-12-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10965990)
The Sky News presenter Kay Burley has apologised after she admitted to holding a 60th birthday party that broke Covid regulations on Saturday night.

Burley, who was facing an internal inquiry on Monday night over the incident, went to the Century Club in Soho, London, to mark the occasion in a group of 10 that included Sky colleagues Beth Rigby, Inzamam Rashid and Sam Washington.

The group sat at two tables, of six and four, before going on to a nearby restaurant, Folie. A smaller group of four then returned to Burley’s home to continue the celebrations.

All of the Sky staff are now facing a review of their conduct by their employer, which said it was “disappointed” by the incident.

On Monday evening, after the Guido Fawkes website published the story, Burley – who has held a series of politicians’ feet to the fire over lockdown rules this year – admitted to breaking tier 2 restrictions, tweeting: “I want to apologise to you all for an error of judgment. On Saturday night I was enjoying my 60th birthday at a Covid-compliant restaurant. I am embarrassed to say that later in the evening I inadvertently broke the rules.

“I had been waiting for a taxi at 11pm to get home. Desperate for the loo, I briefly popped into another restaurant to spend a penny. I can only apologise.”

Burley is understood to have blamed the situation on misunderstandings in planning and organising the event. But she did not address why a group of four people, including Rashid and former Sky News royal correspondent and Huawei PR executive Paul Harrison, returned to her home after the dinner, a claim that is not believed to be in dispute. Other Sky News staff are understood to be irritated by details of the event.

Burley has been a stern interrogator of politicians who have been perceived as making excuses over lockdown breaches this year.

In May, she conducted a widely shared interview with cabinet minister Michael Gove about the Dominic Cummings affair, repeatedly asking him to clarify what the government advice would be for a member of the public “struggling with Covid-19 and you think you’ve got a problem with your eyesight”, in reference to Cummings’ explanation of his trip to Barnard Castle.

She also interviewed the health secretary, Matt Hancock, after Prof Neil Ferguson was forced to resign as a government adviser and asked: “What did you think when you read it? Did you bang your head on the desk?”

A Sky News spokesperson said: “We place the highest importance on complying with the government guidelines on Covid, and we expect all our people to comply.

“We were disappointed to learn that a small number of Sky News staff may have engaged in activity that breached the guidelines. Although this took place at a social event in personal time, we expect all our people to follow the rules that are in place for everyone. An internal process is under way to review the conduct of the people involved.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...onavirus-rules

what does she mean later in the evening she broke the rules, its no household mixing, and there were various households involved?

sack ha!

:idc: well i'm not sure if she'll be sacked

tbh my country's justice minister also broke the rules by not cancelling his wedding (which had more than 100 guests) and he wasn't sacked either, even more so he got defended by our PM Rutte whom believed his excuse to be genuine enough

arista 08-12-2020 09:10 AM

https://order-order.com/2020/12/08/k...-than-answers/

No sacking
just off air 2 weeks

arista 08-12-2020 09:14 AM

https://i0.wp.com/order-order.com/wp...00%2C415&ssl=1

arista 08-12-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10965997)
Same as Rita Ora, knew what she was doing. Pretends it was a mistake but pays the fine she can afford to pay anyway. Selfish.

Scum.

At least Rita Paid the Big money fast

Mystic Mock 08-12-2020 09:24 AM

Kay's 60!:shocked: I thought she was about 53 or something.:laugh:

But yeah she really has dropped herself in this one when she's slaughtered other people for the same incident.

arista 08-12-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10966012)

But yeah she really has dropped herself in this one when she's slaughtered other people for the same incident.

She has had to have a few face lifts
SkyNewsHD 1080i
shows her in very clear vision.
She gets her hair covering bits

Yes she talks like she did not realise?

All those Interviews telling off dodgy MP's

UserSince2005 08-12-2020 09:44 AM

silly cow, shed be the first to terrorise someone she was interviewing over doing this.

arista 08-12-2020 09:47 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...k2R_bigger.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/13360...jpg&name=small

bitontheslide 08-12-2020 09:50 AM

there is nothing more people hate than hypocrites. In the USA loads of democratic governors and mayors laid down the rules to their people and then went off and broke the rules themselves. It's no wonder the USA is in a mess, the politicians are truly awful across the board

Nicky91 08-12-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10966021)
silly cow, shed be the first to terrorise someone she was interviewing over doing this.

yes very silly, many people make sacrifices these times, very dumb of her to ignore the rules bc of her birthday

Cherie 08-12-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10966014)
She has had to have a few face lifts
SkyNewsHD 1080i
shows her in very clear vision.
She gets her hair covering bits

Yes she talks like she did not realise?

All those Interviews telling off dodgy MP's

That's the worst of it, again, this was arranged, it wasn't all turn out after work with no pre-planning

Her interviews going foward are going to be a bit awkward for her

arista 08-12-2020 10:03 AM

Cherie 08-12-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10966029)

a covid compliant restaurant? given in Tier 2 there is no household mixing indoors, then they were not compliant and neither was she?

GoldHeart 08-12-2020 10:23 AM

What a surprise another rule breaker :notimpressed:

Cherie 08-12-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10966037)
What a surprise another rule breaker :notimpressed:

what makes it even worse is she is claiming the rule break was going for a pee in a different restaurant while waiting for a taxi, the mind boggles

I mean

I had been waiting for a taxi at 11pm to get home. Desperate for the loo I briefly popped into another restaurant to spend a penny. I can only apologise 2/2

joeysteele 08-12-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10966012)

She has indeed.

rusticgal 08-12-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10966035)
a covid compliant restaurant? given in Tier 2 there is no household mixing indoors, then they were not compliant and neither was she?

Both the restaurant and Burley should have hefty fines...it was all planned just like Ora in her venue...
Do they think we are stupid..

arista 08-12-2020 01:12 PM

arista 08-12-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 10966044)
Both the restaurant and Burley should have hefty fines...it was all planned just like Ora in her venue...
Do they think we are stupid..

Yes Fine them all £10,000
EACH