ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   USA: Youth football coach punches kid player twice! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372272)

LeatherTrumpet 12-12-2020 01:08 PM

USA: Youth football coach punches kid player twice!

The coach, reportedly identified as Gerrel Williams, was seen hitting a child in
the head twice. The second blow knocked him to the ground during a stop in
play at the AYF National Championships AA Div 1-7U in Kissimmee, Fla.

The video was sent to the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office, but the mother of
the child said she did not want to press charges, according to reports.

Williams, who also worked as a detention center counselor, has since been
fired from his job there, the Chatham County Sherrif’s Office told WJCL in
Savannah, Ga.

“I’m not going to make no excuses for what I did,” Williams said in a video
posted to his Facebook, per WJCL. “I was wrong. … There is no excuse for
my actions. He forgives me and his parents have forgiven me, so nobody
else should be bashing me.”

Swan 12-12-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

He forgives me and his parents have forgiven me
No way would i forgive someone if they hit my child like that. He hit that poor kid with full force, absolute animal.

I don't condone violence, but i could easily make an exception here. If he hit my daughter like that?! Lets just say he wouldn't be physically able to hit any one ever again!

arista 12-12-2020 01:34 PM

Punk
ban him for a while

bitontheslide 12-12-2020 01:36 PM

he wouldn't hit my lad and get away with it, the way he punched that kid, he should be in prison

Nicky91 12-12-2020 01:50 PM

i got a experience like this too at school, my teacher slapped me quite hard in the face, knocked my glasses right off my face too, and my ear well i heard beeping noises, nothing for a short while after

also the shocking thing, that teacher who did that to me formerly worked at a youth detention center, one would expect then you would have more discipline

but back on topic: no one should get away with this, even if the child forgives you

LeatherTrumpet 12-12-2020 02:11 PM

makes you wonder what other kids in his care he has attacked?

LeatherTrumpet 12-12-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10967986)
i got a experience like this too at school, my teacher slapped me quite hard in the face, knocked my glasses right off my face too, and my ear well i heard beeping noises, nothing for a short while after

also the shocking thing, that teacher who did that to me formerly worked at a youth detention center, one would expect then you would have more discipline

but back on topic: no one should get away with this, even if the child forgives you

that is terrible Nicky

parmnion 12-12-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10967986)

Sue his ass..

Tom4784 12-12-2020 02:20 PM

The whole 'he and his parents have forgiven me so shut the **** up' mentality is particularly hideous. It shows that he isn't sorry, he's just trying to get the heat off of himself. An abuser through and through.

It's remarkable and aggravating how no one intervenes in the full clip though, you'd think a stand full of parents would be baying for his blood after doing that but no one does anything. If he attacked kids like that in front of everyone, it makes you fear what he could have done behind closed doors.

He won't face justice but hopefully he'll never work with children again.

Nicky91 12-12-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10968003)
Sue his ass..

the one who slapped me is a woman

Kizzy 12-12-2020 02:27 PM

Wow.. was expecting a little tap! Abuse.. simple and the parents enablers.

Toy Soldier 12-12-2020 04:07 PM

Then he's recorded himself saying "I'm not going to make excuses... I shouldn't have done what I done... I shouldn't have disciplined him in public I should have waited 'til we got back."

THAT is what he's learned from this. Not to punch kids when someone might be recording him. Put the **** in jail.

AnnieK 12-12-2020 04:11 PM

He'd be picking his teeth up if he did that to my boy. Shame on the parent's too for not ensuring this cannot happen again by pressing charges.

Swan 12-12-2020 04:22 PM

How on earth can he get away with that though? Regardless of whether the parents press charges or not!!

Kizzy 12-12-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10968047)
He'd be picking his teeth up if he did that to my boy. Shame on the parent's too for not ensuring this cannot happen again by pressing charges.

Lol snap Annie, good job that didn't happen oop north! ;)

Ammi 13-12-2020 07:19 AM

...it’s difficult to fathom why a mother would choose not to press charges...(...the reports all say ‘mother’ with no mention of father so i not sure if she’s a single parent...)...but her ‘consent’ wasn’t needed and charges have been laid against him by the police, so he’ll face the justice system for his actions as well...

Kizzy 13-12-2020 11:36 AM

Obviously if she is a single parent that has no baring on this decision... but well done to the police, it is an odd thing to leave it up to a victims mother to decide whether an assault took place. It wouldn't be expected in any other scenario.

Cherie 13-12-2020 11:46 AM

Thats insane, the poor kid, I wonder if he is an ‘emerging talent’ and Ma has dollar signs in her eyes and therefore is ignoring physical assault

If he is happy to do that in public, what is he doing off camera?

Alf 13-12-2020 01:17 PM

How do you reach that guys age and not know that that is totally wrong?

How is anybody not able to control themselves enough to not do something like that?

Control your emotions!

Toy Soldier 13-12-2020 04:09 PM

It seems to be quite common for assaults in America, unless there's serious injury, for it to be left down to the individuals involved to decide if the police proceed with charges... and in the case of a minor that would fall to their parent or guardian. They can continue with charges if they feel like there's a danger to the public though and in this case they are so, seems the police believe (quite rightly IMO) that this guy is a risk to other kids in his "care".

I doubt he'll face jail or anything major but my hope would be (and possibly why the police are pressing charges) that he'll get a charge on his record that means he can no longer work with kids. Which he definitely should not be. It would be worrying if he was saying he lost his temper... but it's clear from what he's saying that it's an even MORE worrying scenario where he actually thinks it was fine and the only problem was that it was in public. He's clearly been smacking these kids around all along. This is just the first time he did it publicly and someone caught him on camera.