ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How long does a broken heart take to heal? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372298)

Swan 13-12-2020 05:21 AM

How long does a broken heart take to heal?

See, i parted with my ex 4 months ago, still hurts!! I mean i've had this before, but it's still horrible! Im not sure i'd wanna be with her, and im sure feels the same. But my god it hurts.

Anyway, shouldn't drink and post (i finished work at 3am, not pouring on my cornflakes).

Narf suck though doesn't it!!

AnnieK 13-12-2020 05:45 AM

Aw Swan...sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. Sadly, there's no limit on how long it'll hurt either. Its like any loss, it will get a easier but not overnight. Take care and don't hot the bottle too hard :love:

Swan 13-12-2020 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10968472)
Aw Swan...sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. Sadly, there's no limit on how long it'll hurt either. Its like any loss, it will get a easier but not overnight. Take care and don't hot the bottle too hard :love:

Thank you Annie :love:

Ammi 13-12-2020 06:17 AM

...I’m so sorry, Swan...:hug:...it’s someone who has had much meaning in your life, so hurting is an inevitable thing...that doesn’t mean though that it isn’t the right decision, only you both know that...but being together, not being the right thing, doesn’t mean that being apart will feel the right thing atm either, it’s a road to get there ..there is a saying..’to heal is to feel’...?...and drinking is to numb the feeling so may only make the road feel longer because it’s blocking out what you need to go through for that healing to begin, you know...

...:hug:..

Swan 13-12-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10968475)
...I’m so sorry, Swan...:hug:...it’s someone who has had much meaning in your life, so hurting is an inevitable thing...that doesn’t mean though that it isn’t the right decision, only you both know that...but being together, not being the right thing, doesn’t mean that being apart will feel the right thing atm either, it’s a road to get there ..there is a saying..’to heal is to feel’...?...and drinking is to numb the feeling so may only make the road feel longer because it’s blocking out what you need to go through for that healing to begin, you know...

...:hug:..

:love:

(dunno what else to say)

thesheriff443 13-12-2020 07:20 AM

I’m sorry for you loss, and it is a loss.

When someone was your everything and they are gone but still alive I think it’s very traumatic in 2015 i was broken and my life was in bits, it took all my strength to pull myself back together I’m in a new relationship that started almost straight away just like my ex partener

Five years on it still hurts like hell

Take care of yourself swan if you want to pm please do.

thesheriff443 13-12-2020 07:27 AM

Haunted by the past with its tamper proof clasp
how like will the pain last
Sink or swim or just keep bailing
It’s not just me I think I’m failing
Who said llife was all plain sailing.

Swan 13-12-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 10968487)
Haunted by the past with its tamper proof clasp
how like will the pain last
Sink or swim or just keep bailing
It’s not just me I think I’m failing
Who said llife was all plain sailing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZSt...l=EzioAuditore

thesheriff443 13-12-2020 07:56 AM

There are so many good songs you can relate to when you are feeling emotions.

Cherie 13-12-2020 08:39 AM

Aw Swan sorry to hear that, breaking up can be painful, and a bit like the grieving process it can be ongoing, are you still in touch? Keep communication going if you can, the pandemic has played havoc on many relationships, as we emerge and hopefully get back to some normality and life resets you never know how it will play out, I am a great believer in ‘if its meant to be’

Xx

Swan 15-12-2020 04:53 PM

Thank you for all the lovely words guys. Really does mean a lot. And sorry for being a drunken fool with it. It's hard, but we all go through it, just one of those things.

Again, thank you all so much :love:

Shaun 15-12-2020 04:58 PM

Sorry for your loss Swan. There's not really a set time, which is both a positive and a negative. Negative because you don't know how long it'll take, but a positive because it could hopefully be sooner than you fear.

Ammi 15-12-2020 06:49 PM

...Swan...:love:..

Black Dagger 15-12-2020 06:50 PM

I wish I could answer this lol. Ive been split with mine 18 months and still crave his presence somedays.

GoldHeart 15-12-2020 07:01 PM

I don't think there's a specific time frame , but like any breakup or loss you will eventually move on and things will get easier .
You're never going to forget them .

LeatherTrumpet 15-12-2020 07:01 PM

imo it takes at least 3 years, maybe 5 in cases

if you are a 70-year old lady who loses a husband of 50 years

id say never

LeatherTrumpet 15-12-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10968469)
See, i parted with my ex 4 months ago, still hurts!! I mean i've had this before, but it's still horrible! Im not sure i'd wanna be with her, and im sure feels the same. But my god it hurts.

Anyway, shouldn't drink and post (i finished work at 3am, not pouring on my cornflakes).

Narf suck though doesn't it!!

and join the club

:skull:

parmnion 15-12-2020 08:27 PM

For ever...

rusticgal 15-12-2020 08:37 PM

I have only just seen this thread....how could I have missed it?....
Give it time...let the dust settle and then you will see it wasn’t meant to be.

...big big hugs 🤗

parmnion 15-12-2020 09:12 PM

Spread those giant wings my friend.