ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   When do you think things will go back to normal? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372589)

Daniel. 30-12-2020 11:57 AM

When do you think things will go back to normal?

As in, at least relative normality.

With the news of the Oxford vaccine being approved, when do you now estimate the return of normality?

The Slim Reaper 30-12-2020 12:01 PM

Some point in 2022.

DouglasS 30-12-2020 12:03 PM

Not really until 2022 but I reckon August/September time will be almost normality with holidays taking place and nightlife reopening with small measures. Then as autumn/winter hits even with the vaccine it’ll get a little worse than Aug/Sept cause of anti vaxxers dragging others down

Lee. 30-12-2020 12:06 PM

I’d like to think some normality will return by the summer, but then again there are a lot of ****ing idiots around right now.
Just saw on fb that Nicola is making some announcement today and one of the replies was “**** her, I’ll do the exact opposite of what she says”
That’s the kind of stupidity we’re up against ��

Alf 30-12-2020 12:12 PM

When the people have had enough.

Kizzy 30-12-2020 12:13 PM

When the vaccine has been fully rolled out, we'll probably get lulled into a false sense of security again in summer when the virus is dormant in the main so it will be next autumn at least before we know how successful the efforts have been.

As a virus can mutate we may never be truly 100% normal and measures like increased cleaning, distancing, hand washing and venting of rooms might have to be the new norm going forwards.

Vanessa 30-12-2020 12:14 PM

Hopefully by summer.

Kizzy 30-12-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10976607)

What are 'the people' going to do?...

Congregate without masks spreading it far and wide like they've been doing all year?.. pfft morons.

I'm not one for draconian measures but these gatherings are a public health risk, fine them massively! If you want to spout your conspiracy theories go home and do it on the Internet! !

arista 30-12-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 10976593)
As in, at least relative normality.

With the news of the Oxford vaccine being approved, when do you now estimate the return of normality?

The Variant Covid Virus
is yet to be Tested with the 2 Vaccines.

So we are not going back for many Years

arista 30-12-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10976607)

Those Fools will Die
as the Variant Covid Virus is increasing

Denver 30-12-2020 12:23 PM

Soon as all the vulnerable people have been vaccinated it will be back to normal as young healthy people are super low risk

arista 30-12-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10976608)
When the vaccine has been fully rolled out, we'll probably get lulled into a false sense of security again in summer when the virus is dormant in the main so it will be next autumn at least before we know how successful the efforts have been.

As a virus can mutate we may never be truly 100% normal and measures like increased cleaning, distancing, hand washing and venting of rooms might have to be the new norm going forwards.

Even in the USA they said it would be 20 million
but only 2.1 million have had it.

There is not enough made
for 2 Injections for everyone

Calderyon 30-12-2020 12:25 PM

None of the above.

arista 30-12-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calderyon (Post 10976617)
None of the above.

Yes more like 10 years

Toy Soldier 30-12-2020 12:31 PM

Something resembling normailty - at least 2022.

Exactly as things were pre-2020... never, or at the very least, decades.

caprimint 30-12-2020 12:32 PM

I kinda feel like it'll be fall which I'll actually be fine with. I want it to be spring or fall though JUST NOT SUMMER.

Daniel. 30-12-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10976625)

Talk about depressing.

Denver 30-12-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10976625)

Don't be silly, the world has got over much worse and came out fighting ant the other end and this will be no different

Toy Soldier 30-12-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10976608)

I agree; my prediction is that the vaccine rollout will be nowhere near as fast as people seem to think, but it will be rolled out to a noticeable extent just in time for summer... when case numbers will bottom out again like they did this year... and that will be attributed to vaccination being a 100% success, and then there will be big bold headlines and shock when the numbers start to creep upwards again in October. I doubt winter 2021-22 will see numbers as high as we're going to get this year, especially deaths as most of the vulnerable population will be vaccinated and hospital treatment for the very-ill will have improved even further, but yeah... I think we're in for a few more winters of Covid headlines.

The knock-on effects, on the economy, on mental health, on things like tourism and international travel as well as how businesses operate in general will be even bigger in scope and will likely never fully revert.

Not all necessarily in bad ways I suppose; e.g. there has been a massive shift to doing business digitally out of necessity that I think will persist to an extent simply because it saves so much money, but also, people travelling less for business (especially international business) and opting to do business via video link etc. is a huge win for the environment. People will still travel, but any reduction in road & air travel is a bonus.

Toy Soldier 30-12-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10976633)
Don't be silly, the world has got over much worse and came out fighting ant the other end and this will be no different

Yes, after a few decades.

When I said things will never go back to how they were before I didn't mean "misery forever" - just that things like this create changes that never go back. Good/bad/who knows but it won't snap back to "the same". Do you think the post-WW2 world snapped back to the 1930's? No... it changed the direction of politics and society forever in various ways. Some for worse, some for better. Big things result in big changes, you can't wish that away. It'll never be 2019 again.

Denver 30-12-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10976636)
Yes, after a few decades.

When I said things will never go back to how they were before I didn't mean "misery forever" - just that things like this create changes that never go back. Good/bad/who knows but it won't snap back to "the same". Do you think the post-WW2 world snapped back to the 1930's? No... it changed the direction of politics and society forever in various ways. Some for worse, some for better. Big things result in big changes, you can't wish that away. It'll never be 2019 again.

I believe this is gonna make the world a better place in the end

Nicky91 30-12-2020 12:46 PM

April-July

if we would all work together to beat corona, that is

something i wish would happen, since corona is a enemy of us all

arista 30-12-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10976639)
April-July

if we would all work together to beat corona, that is

something i wish would happen, since corona is a enemy of us all

No people will not work together

Even in Strict Nations like South Korea
Covid-19 is back.

Nicky91 30-12-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10976642)
No people will not work together

Even in Strict Nations like South Korea
Covid-19 is back.

:umm2: what South Korea calls a record, or a record from UK (daily new cases) well a whole world difference

3.000 compared to 53.000

at least Koreans are immediately on high alert when there is even small amounts (compared to ours) what they see as a huge increase

they also had a long time without cases, this is just beginning of second wave for them

Nicky91 30-12-2020 12:52 PM

western countries have failed, we have failed big time compared to countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Vietnam