ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   10 Things you'd like to do once things go back to normal? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372762)

Mystic Mock 07-01-2021 09:41 PM

10 Things you'd like to do once things go back to normal?

Whenever that may be.:laugh:

Anyway my 10 things that I want to do once life is back to normal (or close enough) and remember it can be anything that you want it to be. It's just something that you can't do at the moment.

My Bucket List:

1. Go to Sporting events like go to St Andrew's & the SkyDome Arena and enjoy a nice day supporting my teams in those Sports.

2. Have a Burger King again as my local area doesn't have a Burger King sadly.

3. Visit some of the Cities in the UK, mainly Birmingham as it was the City that I was born and grew up in, but also London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Wales in general as it always looks nice.

4. Travel to some countries in Europe, and Japan & Mexico.

5. A more geeky hobby of buying Toys/Merchandise from my favourite franchises.:joker:

6. Flag collecting, I always have a fascination with Countries Flags so that would become a new hobby for me once I'm not a risk of spreading Covid to my family.:joker:

7. Try and learn to play the Ukulele again, and other Instruments.

8. Try and get into creative writing as I used to love it when I was a child, but my attention span stinks which is something that I've got to fix.:laugh:

9. Buy some Handheld Games off Amazon again.:flutter:

10. Give money to Cancer Charities as they've been heavily overlooked due to the Pandemic.

I know that I could still technically do a lot of these things still, but I'm a Covidphobe.

Novo 08-01-2021 02:05 AM

if things ever go back to normal...

1) get back to playing football more often, the thing i have missed more then anything by a big distance especially now i have hit 30 i feel like i need it more then ever for my fitness, i have been playing for a charity team in the last year and managed to play a few games a month for them throughout last year but do miss competitive stuff and enjoy winning just as much now then when i was 16/17 but the leagues were all stop start so rarely played

2) i was planning on going up to Glasgow and going to a chunk of Rangers games this season since it is the biggest season in years so that is on the agenda or even just being up for a piss up and enjoying the atmosphere when we win title 55

3) just enjoy a massive greasy pub burger with some brewdogs to wash it down

think thats it really

Shaun 08-01-2021 03:24 AM

You could do a lot of those with current restrictions, Mock - nothing stopping you ordering a ukelele or doing some writing!

For me...

1) Another Pride event. Went to Manchester 2019 and had a blast; it was my first one, and really wish I'd got more in before this new normality :skull:
2) Head up country for more reunions with friends etc. Don't drive and obviously we can't mix households etc so that's out of the question for now.
3) I haven't been to a cinema in about 8 years, so now they've also been written off it's something that seems weirdly more enticing.
4) Obviously any festivals/gigs I'd be able to plan would be high up my list of priorities

If we're talking "dream list"s - ie. things that are unlikely because of costs and travel - I'd throw in going to an Olympic Games (Tokyo would be lovely x) or World Cup (Qatar would be awful x)

Vanessa 08-01-2021 03:33 AM

Going to Italy to see my family
Going to the cinema
To Southend, I love it :laugh:
To my local MacDonald
Going to a West End show
Swimming
Visit historic sites
Going to see friends

caprimint 08-01-2021 04:30 AM

1. Go visit London with one of my friends (he's never been before so lots to do/see).
2. Visit a bunch of cities around the UK that I haven't been to before (Brighton, Bristol, Bath, Blackpool (at least properly)).
3. Go abroad (USA & Amsterdam (not anytime soon but at some point)).
4. Move back to London again.
5. Hang out with friends and go to pubs/bars/restaurants etc.

Mystic Mock 08-01-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10981205)
You could do a lot of those with current restrictions, Mock - nothing stopping you ordering a ukelele or doing some writing!

For me...

1) Another Pride event. Went to Manchester 2019 and had a blast; it was my first one, and really wish I'd got more in before this new normality :skull:
2) Head up country for more reunions with friends etc. Don't drive and obviously we can't mix households etc so that's out of the question for now.
3) I haven't been to a cinema in about 8 years, so now they've also been written off it's something that seems weirdly more enticing.
4) Obviously any festivals/gigs I'd be able to plan would be high up my list of priorities

If we're talking "dream list"s - ie. things that are unlikely because of costs and travel - I'd throw in going to an Olympic Games (Tokyo would be lovely x) or World Cup (Qatar would be awful x)

To be completely honest I was starting to run out of ideas when it came to the Ukulele and Creative Writing ones.:laugh:

I do honestly believe that Cancer Charities are gonna need all of the support they can get once Covid is under control.

A good list btw.:)

MTVN 08-01-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovoBaratheon (Post 10981196)
if things ever go back to normal...

1) get back to playing football more often, the thing i have missed more then anything by a big distance especially now i have hit 30 i feel like i need it more then ever for my fitness, i have been playing for a charity team in the last year and managed to play a few games a month for them throughout last year but do miss competitive stuff and enjoy winning just as much now then when i was 16/17 but the leagues were all stop start so rarely played

2) i was planning on going up to Glasgow and going to a chunk of Rangers games this season since it is the biggest season in years so that is on the agenda or even just being up for a piss up and enjoying the atmosphere when we win title 55

3) just enjoy a massive greasy pub burger with some brewdogs to wash it down

think thats it really

30 years old, bloody hell, no hope of getting back into it now unfortunately

I know a lot of leisure centres these days offer walking football which might be an idea

Mitchell 08-01-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 10981207)
Going to Italy to see my family
Going to the cinema
To Southend, I love it :laugh:
To my local MacDonald
Going to a West End show
Swimming
Visit historic sites
Going to see friends

Hopefully I actually see you in Southend this time :joker:

Niamh. 08-01-2021 08:02 PM

1. Go away for a weekend to a hotel with Gav
2. Book a holiday
3. Go to the cinema
4. Go out for dinner
5. Go watch a Liverpool match at the Pub
6. Go for a night out with my 3 best friends
7. Get a massage
8. Get my eyebrows and eye lashes done
9. Go for a spin and a walk
10. See my brother and sister in Law who I haven't seen since the summer

*Those aren't in order of preference

LukeB 08-01-2021 08:06 PM

1.Holiday (without the chance of coming home early)
2.Cinema
3.Pub/Restaurants
4.Seeing friends
5.Seeing family members
6.Visit some UK cities
7.Concerts

Novo 08-01-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10981573)
30 years old, bloody hell, no hope of getting back into it now unfortunately

I know a lot of leisure centres these days offer walking football which might be an idea

i'm 5 years away from making the Vets grade, getting old and weary, to many takeaways and booze doesn't help either during all these, be the size of gemma collins when i get back into it

Babayaro. 08-01-2021 11:24 PM

In no particular order...

#1. Resume playing five-a-side football once a week and/or get back into playing 11s for the first time in YEARS

#2. Go on a pub date with my GF, as we haven't been able to go to one together because of Covid :joker:

#3. A holiday abroad obviously

#4. Regular solo cinema trips on my days off work

#5. Day sesh in Edinburgh with friends

#6. Throw a party/big get together for my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary, since it was cancelled twice last year

#7 KARAOKE!!! God, I miss it :(

Toy Soldier 09-01-2021 03:00 PM

1) going actually OUT for dinner to a proper sit-in place.

2) going properly away somewhere. I'm not a fan of beach holidays but we would like to visit Iceland for a 4/5 day stay or summat. At this point even a local break would be nice. Or... Even just a day taking a long drive outside this bloody county :bawling:.

3) meeting up with old friends. We don't get together in person all that often anyway but it's been well over a year now due to the Comvids.

4) Cinema on a Tuesday early afternoon when it's empty. Legitimately one of my fav places in the world. Not that they're making any decent "cinema" movies at the moment anyway :joker:.

Toy Soldier 09-01-2021 03:04 PM

I can't think of 10, honestly, I'm generally a house mouse and fairly content with family, gaming, telly and Internet :hehe:. So other things I'm looking forward to is mainly stuff like regular TV release schedules coming back... As they're all over the place and I hate it. "New episodes coming [insert date here dunno]" :fist: