ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Supermarkets... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372843)

rusticgal 12-01-2021 06:06 PM

Supermarkets...

Today I went shopping in Waitrose. A woman and her 17 year oldish daughter walked past me and neither were wearing a face mask. The woman behind the Deli counter looked at me with her head going side to side in disgust...(although she never looks happy most of the time). Anyway further up the aisles they stood next to me looking at the frozen goods...so I stepped away. Then there was a timely announcement reminding customers to wear their masks at all times whilst shopping as per Government guidelines. They walked away oblivious.
The Deli lady then came up to me and told me she had told the Manager and these two were consistent offenders. She also said if you try and speak to them about it they just hurl abuse at you...saying they can do as they wish (up until today they could)

So now many supermarkets are making it Law....no mask no shop unless it’s for medical reasons.

Hooray. Now people should start being responsible and show some respect.

parmnion 12-01-2021 06:15 PM

Yeah.. I've had that.

Yesterday I was in a bakers with my mask on and there was already 2 others in with face masks on..

This was a big bakers cause there was 4 staff on(all in face shields) and plenty posh cheese and fancier onions than greggs pasties on show..

Then all of a sudden in walks 3 young lads all with the same hair cut and unmasked...brazen as ****.

I went to say something then heard them order, tree tings...so stepped back cause that wouldn't have ended well.

Fair do's to the young spectacled lad who was no thicker than a pull through for a rifle, cause he asked them if they had masks..

One of them said something traveller like about being excempt, and the effeminate young lad said "all 3 if you"

They all said yeah..

So what do you do!!

Vanessa 12-01-2021 06:17 PM

I'm doing my shopping online from now on.
At least until the virus is under control.

Tom4784 12-01-2021 06:26 PM

It's not something that's enforceable for supermarkets or most shops really. If they don't have security on hand, then it's not something you can enforce.

No shopworker is going to risk getting stabbed or attacked by telling yobs to wear masks. They don't get paid enough.

AnnieK 12-01-2021 06:27 PM

That's the thing, its all well and good saying that non compliance will lead to bans but who will enforce it? Shop assistants don't get paid enough to have to confront people who could be volatile.

LeatherTrumpet 12-01-2021 06:36 PM

its not enforceable and we should stop pretending it is

fairyland

MTVN 12-01-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10983903)
That's the thing, its all well and good saying that non compliance will lead to bans but who will enforce it? Shop assistants don't get paid enough to have to confront people who could be volatile.

The supermarkets that have said they'll enforce it are employing security guards on the door to do it I believe

parmnion 12-01-2021 06:41 PM

Get the army out..its time.

Cherie 12-01-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10983911)
The supermarkets that have said they'll enforce it are employing security guards on the door to do it I believe

I wonder if the thickos will find a work around ..like in the early days when queuing and asked to shop alone, people would queue separately then meet up inside...will they move it to their chin once past the guard

Amy Jade 12-01-2021 06:50 PM

My friend works in a supermarket and she asked someone to put their mask over their mouth as it was on their chin and she got spat at. I don't blame the shop workers for not asking.

Police should stay outside supermarkets giving fines for unnecessary shopping, they would make a mint.

LeatherTrumpet 12-01-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10983924)
My friend works in a supermarket and she asked someone to put their mask over their mouth as it was on their chin and she got spat at. I don't blame the shop workers for not asking.

Police should stay outside supermarkets giving fines for unnecessary shopping, they would make a mint.

the police in your area could cover one supermarket

do you realise how few police there are?

and if they did nowt else would be done