ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dancing on Ice (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Jason Donovan denies he got a unfair advantage (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372902)

Nicky91 15-01-2021 08:43 AM

Jason Donovan denies he got a unfair advantage

Jason Donovan says being on Strictly Come Dancing hasn't given him an unfair advantage on Dancing On Ice.

The actor and singer is one of twelve celebs on the new series and will take to the ice this Sunday night.

And ahead of his first live skate, Jason says that his Strictly past hasn't prepared him for the show.

He told The Sun newspaper: "On Strictly you're on solid ground. When I go onto the ice, I'm working for the entire two hours. Even when you're standing still.

"The thing about Dancing on Ice is that it's about movement. Strictly is about standing still sometimes and using other parts of your body.

"There's a flow to ice skating, which is why it feels like surfing, bike riding, skiing all play a part in this and they didn't in Strictly."

Jason added: "The confidence of being a performer does help sometimes and with Strictly, that stage was the most awesome stage I've ever been on in my life.

"11 million people, Saturday night TV with Bruce Forsyth. It's full on and this will be a similar experience apart from it's Sunday night..."

Jason said he signed up for the show after an "odd" year.

He explained: "I think in any other year I might not have had this much time to concentrate on something and I think if you’re going to do a show like this you need to dedicate your entire time to it.

"I couldn’t be doing a show like this and look a producer in the eye if I was doing theatre show and say look I’m going on the ice for three months! It’s a unique opportunity, it’s a skill, it’s structure in a time when there’s not much structure in our lives.

"It’s good to keep fit, I really like that aspect of it. And my nine-year-old daughter is pretty pumped at the idea of seeing me dance on skates so that’s a big thing!"

And when it comes to the competition element of the series, Jason said: "I would be lying if I didn’t say I’d like to get through to the end. Being the winner doesn’t always make you the most memorable.

"Look at One Direction – they didn’t come first did they? BUT I’m not comparing myself to One Direction. What I mean is you’d be foolish to say you were getting into a show like this if you didn’t want to do your best so wherever that ends up, that’s fine."

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/st...advantage.html

Niamh. 15-01-2021 09:05 AM

Of course it doesn't, trying to do all that on ice is a different kettle of fish altogether

(where tf did kettle of fish come from? What a weird saying)

Nicky91 15-01-2021 09:21 AM

yes technique wise, Strictly and DOI are completely different

also Strictly should start going for some DOI alumni (i mean pre-revival is longer time ago so maybe one of those if any from DOI series) would be fun to see that comparison as well

Strictly Jake 15-01-2021 10:26 AM

Why they just honing it on Jason. Colin and Denise also both made their finals of strictly! But yeah its a different skill. Just because someone can dance doesnt neccessarily mean they are competent ice skaters!

rionablue 15-01-2021 11:07 AM

I really dont like seeing the same celebrities in numerous shows. It stinks of desperation. The ones who are doing very well in their careers rarely sign up for anything. There are thousands of celebrities out there. Its nice to see celebrities that are not on every blooming thing already. I do agree though that Strictly shouldn't give him an advantage. Different shows altogether. The one thing I wish is that everyone who signs up for Strictly should have absolutely NO dance experience (not even ballet when a kid) and that everyone who signs up for DOI should never have had ice skating experience. That makes a level playing field