ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Thomas Tuchel to replace Frank Lampard as manager of Chelsea today (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373108)

Denver 25-01-2021 09:32 AM

Thomas Tuchel to replace Frank Lampard as manager of Chelsea today

It will be announced later today

Denver 25-01-2021 09:36 AM

He is a terrible appointment and there is a reason 2 big teams sacked him

Cherie 25-01-2021 09:42 AM

Terrible way to treat a Chelsea legend, Frank should have been given more time

The media have been horrific towards him as well

rusticgal 25-01-2021 10:44 AM

Personally I thought Lampard took the Management role too quickly....I think you really need to get some experience before running a club as big as Chelsea.
Being a legend just wasn't enough..

bitontheslide 25-01-2021 10:59 AM

Chelsea have sacked head coach Frank Lampard after 18 months in charge.

Former Chelsea midfielder Lampard, 42, leaves with the club ninth in the Premier League table after last week's defeat at Leicester City, having won once in their past five league matches.

His final game in charge was Sunday's 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win against Championship side Luton.

Lampard was appointed on a three-year contract when he replaced Maurizio Sarri at Stamford Bridge in July 2019.

He guided them to fourth place and the FA Cup final in his first season in charge, and a 3-1 win against Leeds at the start of December put the club top of the Premier League.

However, the Blues have suffered five defeats in their past eight league games, as many as they had in their previous 23.

In a statement, Chelsea said: "This has been a very difficult decision, and not one that the owner and the board have taken lightly.

"We are grateful to Frank for what he has achieved in his time as head coach of the club. However, recent results and performances have not met the club's expectations, leaving the club mid-table without any clear path to sustained improvement.

"There can never be a good time to part ways with a club legend such as Frank, but after lengthy deliberation and consideration it was decided a change is needed now to give the club time to improve performances and results this season."

Owner Roman Abramovich said Lampard's status as an "important icon" of the club "remains undiminished" despite his dismissal.

"This was a very difficult decision for the club, not least because I have an excellent personal relationship with Frank and I have the utmost respect for him," said Abramovich.

"He is a man of great integrity and has the highest of work ethics. However, under current circumstances we believe it is best to change managers."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55794158

Zizu 25-01-2021 11:32 AM

That’s rubbish ...

Even OGS was given longer and they were ‘going nowhere’ not that long ago .

Look how well he did last season with youngsters and no signings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cherie 25-01-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 10990863)
Personally I thought Lampard took the Management role too quickly....I think you really need to get some experience before running a club as big as Chelsea.
Being a legend just wasn't enough..

He was offered the job though, he didn't go to them

Nicky91 25-01-2021 12:40 PM

umm why?

but then again doesn't surprise me, Chelsea treating their club icons like trash :idc: makes me dislike them even more

never liked Tuchel's manager abilities, his style at PSG bit dull

Shaun 25-01-2021 02:28 PM

Hard to feel sympathy for him when he's been a total gob****e and quick to blame everyone other than himself. The Championship is more his level for the time being.

Niamh. 25-01-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10990982)
Hard to feel sympathy for him when he's been a total gob****e and quick to blame everyone other than himself. The Championship is more his level for the time being.

Nicky91 26-01-2021 01:08 PM

Tuchel will resign after 3 or 4 matches :hehe: i predict

him wanting to leave after knowing what a hellhole Chelsea is

LeatherTrumpet 26-01-2021 01:30 PM

He cant go to Celtic as everyone knows him and Gerrard cant manage together in the same country

Niamh. 26-01-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10991331)
He cant go to Celtic as everyone knows him and Gerrard cant manage together in the same country

I heard there was a rumour Roy Keane could be in the mix to manage Celtic. Speaking of Roy, he was spot on here a year ago.......

LeatherTrumpet 26-01-2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10991333)
I heard there was a rumour Roy Keane could be in the mix to manage Celtic. Speaking of Roy, he was spot on here a year ago.......

You only need to look at Southampton and Villa to see why pulling an early rip-cord is not always a good idea

Novo 26-01-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10991331)

wouldn't go there anyway, he has been interviewed a few times about it and said he is a Rangers man

rusticgal 26-01-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10990899)
He was offered the job though, he didn't go to them

Fair enough..:wavey:

Mystic Mock 29-01-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10990877)
That’s rubbish ...

Even OGS was given longer and they were ‘going nowhere’ not that long ago .

Look how well he did last season with youngsters and no signings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And in fairness to Lampard did people see their performance against Wolves? No Manager can stop players doing Rugby shots.

Nicky91 29-01-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10992563)
And in fairness to Lampard did people see their performance against Wolves? No Manager can stop players doing Rugby shots.

that's not how current football works Mock, always blame the manager :bored:

i don't think Lampard bought most of the new signings anyway, those decisions fall back onto sports director, who is that at Chelsea if i may ask?

LeatherTrumpet 29-01-2021 05:24 PM

Chelsea players, more than any other club, should the least responsible for their own performances