ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel [Netflix Documentary Series] Out Now (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373157)

Smithy 28-01-2021 10:29 AM

The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel [Netflix Documentary Series] Out Now

Ooh this looks like it’ll be a good one :eyes:

Niamh. 28-01-2021 10:39 AM

Oh is that the Elisa Lam case? That one is creepy

Smithy 28-01-2021 10:41 AM

Yeah, but it also talks about the hotels history, Richard Ramirez and other serial killers used to stay there :umm2:

Cherie 28-01-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10992053)
Oh is that the Elisa Lam case? That one is creepy

You posted a link to that in the other thread in the case where the guy was found on the rubbish dump

Niamh. 28-01-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10992054)
Yeah, but it also talks about the hotels history, Richard Ramirez and other serial killers used to stay there :umm2:

omg really? When is this out, definitely will be watching this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10992055)
You posted a link to that in the other thread in the case where the guy was found on the rubbish dump

Yeah that's right, I have my opinions on what happened to her but the I never knew about the serial killers staying at that hotel

Smithy 28-01-2021 11:01 AM

Feb 10!

Smithy 10-02-2021 02:37 PM

Out now :D

Niamh. 10-02-2021 02:38 PM

Oh yay, thanks for the reminder Smithy, will watch this asap

GoldHeart 10-02-2021 02:45 PM

I remember the woman acting like she's being followed into the lift by an invisible force,it was one of the most creepy bizarre things I saw on YouTube . Her death makes no sense wasn't she found in a water tank dead ? . She looked terrified beforehand like she was being terrorised :shocked: .

Niamh. 10-02-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10997807)
I remember the woman acting like she's being followed into the lift by an invisible force,it was one of the most creepy bizarre things I saw on YouTube . Her death makes no sense wasn't she found in a water tank dead ? . She looked terrified beforehand like she was being terrorised :shocked: .

Yeah, she did suffer with bipolar though so it seemed like maybe she was having an episode

Cherie 10-02-2021 03:04 PM

oh cheers, its always the same, there is nothing to watch or too much to watch

will get to this after the Sopranos and IWDY

GoldHeart 10-02-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10997810)
Yeah, she did suffer with bipolar though so it seemed like maybe she was having an episode

But how did she end up dead , this situation has never sat right with me .

Niamh. 10-02-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10997826)
But how did she end up dead , this situation has never sat right with me .

I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to answer that unfortunately

Vicky. 10-02-2021 03:21 PM

Ooh this looks decent..will watch it later on I think. I remember that lift video..weird stuff like

LaLaLand 11-02-2021 03:01 AM

Just sitting down to watch this now.

Can't sleep - sadly I doubt this will help! :omgno: :joker:

LaLaLand 11-02-2021 10:40 AM

I’m two eps in - there’s just something really sinister about the whole thing and the place in general. Ergh.

Niamh. 11-02-2021 10:44 AM

Is that where the phrase Skid Row came from or was it called skid row because of that phrase?

LaLaLand 11-02-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10998114)
Is that where the phrase Skid Row cam from or was it called skid row because of that phrase?

Quote:

A skid row or skid road is an impoverished area, typically urban, in English-speaking North America whose inhabitants are people "on the skids". This specifically refers to the poor, the homeless or others either considered disreputable or forgotten by society. A skid row may be anything from an impoverished urban district to a red-light district to a gathering area for the homeless. In general, skid row areas are inhabited or frequented by individuals marginalized by poverty or through drug addiction. Urban areas considered skid rows are marked by high vagrancy, and they often feature cheap taverns, dilapidated buildings, and drug dens as well as other features of urban blight. Used figuratively, it may indicate the state of a poor person's life.

The term skid road originally referred to the path along which timber workers skidded logs. Its current sense appears to have originated in the Pacific Northwest. Areas identified by this name include Pioneer Square in Seattle; Old Town Chinatown in Portland, Oregon; Downtown Eastside in Vancouver; Skid Row in Los Angeles; the Tenderloin District of San Francisco; and the Bowery of Lower Manhattan.
From Wiki.

LukeB 11-02-2021 10:49 AM

Is this really scary and tense to watch like night stalker was?

LaLaLand 11-02-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10998118)
Is this really scary and tense to watch like night stalker was?

No this is more eerie than anything I’d say. Just very creepy and weird.

Hotel is basically a living nightmare from what they say though, a free for all of dangerous criminals, addicts, drop outs, mentally ill etc mixed in with unsuspecting tourists looking for a cheap room. Horrible.

LaLaLand 11-02-2021 10:58 AM

When the two tourists from here in the UK said they’d been drinking the water/bathing in it etc omg. Knocked me sick!

Niamh. 11-02-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10998116)
From Wiki.

Ammi 11-02-2021 11:02 AM

...I’m into episode 3 and I’m finding it a little disappointing, I have to say...maybe it’s because we’ve discussed the Elisa Lam case so much as well on here...?..obviously it offers nothing new with that because there isn’t anything new to offer...everything about her behaviour just before her ‘disappearance’ seems so similar to the Jack Wheeler case and connected to her bi-polar and maybe she hadn’t taken her medication...it also seemed that she’d only recently had medication prescribed that she felt was more right for her because others that had been tried, hadn’t been suited...but paranoia as she was displaying seems very linked to me....I’ve mentioned before about someone that I knew with bi polar and she took her own life, she frequently through her life had suffered from paranoia...

....with the hotel in general, there didn’t feel anything spooky or chilling or sinister to me either...the lift access in particular was used by hotel residents plus general public and the area had much drug related and violent crime etc...and the hotel’s system didn’t really protect their resident in any way in their access systems...it’s an ok watch but it’s not really revealing anything thought provoking for me...I feel so sad though for those working there through those times of criminal incidents and violent incidents at the hotel....

Niamh. 12-02-2021 09:11 AM

Ammi the last episode does give more information (stuff I didn't know anyway)

Spoiler:

It was where I always leaned anyway, she was having a manic episode, that's clear from how she was behaving in the lift and the new (to me anyway) information added to that of how she was acting very strangely and her room mates complained about her so she was moved to a room on her own, plus the Manager remembers her behaving strangely at reception one time. And then of course the two most vital pieces of information, the lid of the water tank was not closed as someone wrongly reported earlier and toxicology discovered that she had stopped taking her Bipolar medication. Her body didn't have a mark on it, she wasn't sexually assaulted..........I don't think this one is a mystery at all.

Felt sorry for that guy that was caught in the cross fire as well, the Mexican guy.

Anyway, over all it was OK, glad I watched it though because even though I was pretty convinced that that's what happened, those last few details I didn't know really confirmed it

Smithy 13-02-2021 02:11 PM

Watched the first two eps so far, the thought that people unknowingly drank that water... :yuk:

Hearing everything about the Hotel too... take away the supernatural stuff and American Horror Story literally hit the nail on the head with this place :umm2: