ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Home-cooked meals or takeaways? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373353)

Redway 09-02-2021 08:28 PM

Home-cooked meals or takeaways?

What do you normally gravitate towards as far as evening meals are concerned? Do you cook on a regular basis or order takeouts more nights than not?

AnnieK 09-02-2021 08:42 PM

I haven't had a take away since the beginning of this pandemic. Never had loads anyway. I am big fake away fan. Its cheaper and healthier and I like cooking.

Only thing I miss is a takeaway pizza

Vanessa 09-02-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10997474)
I haven't had a take away since the beginning of this pandemic. Never had loads anyway. I am big fake away fan. Its cheaper and healthier and I like cooking.

Only thing I miss is a takeaway pizza

I love a takeaway pizza!

UserSince2005 09-02-2021 09:07 PM

We Uber eats most nights. Living in London and having the disposable income we have it’s become a nightly habit.

joeysteele 09-02-2021 10:13 PM

Rarely have takeaways.
Prefer to cook my own meals or have home cooked by others.

Before the pandemic, I did however love going out for meals, with family and/ or friends.

Vicky. 09-02-2021 10:40 PM

Since lockdown, we have slipped into a huge takeaway habit that needs sorted really. Have maybe 50/50 for late meals. Always something from the fridge or whatever for lunch though.

The takeaway habit is even worse when you consider this is for kids too really. The motivation to do...anything is just gone though. Was dealing fine, until maybe about November when it stated to feel relentless and..totally joyless, and started hitting the kids harder too I think :/

Jake. 09-02-2021 10:59 PM

You can’t beat a good chinese but definitely home cooking overall

rusticgal 09-02-2021 11:27 PM

Home cooking...but a takeaway on a Saturday gives me a night off.

Toy Soldier 10-02-2021 12:28 AM

I like cooking and I prefer my own cooking, however I will admit that several nights a week I just don't have the energy so we end up ordering in.

I cook more when I have a good TV series that I'm binging as then I can just hide in the kitchen watching telly, but legitimately because I'm also cooking [emoji23].

Alf 10-02-2021 01:18 AM

Rarely get take-away's.

You don't know who's making your food, they could spit in it or poison it. Then there's the delivery person, they could spit in it too, you'd never know.

I hope this has put you off your next take-away. I'm here to help.

Shaun 10-02-2021 04:11 AM

Have a takeaway maybe once a fortnight. Most meals I make are from frozen but it'll be meat to defrost, more than often. Out of 7 nights a week I probably cook on 5 of them and bung something in the oven from the freezer for the other 2 (a pizza, or southern fried chicken, or fish, etc)

Ammi 10-02-2021 04:31 AM

...home cooked but also frozen because I’ll cook and freeze etc ...preparing a meal each day is my new social life so I’d hate not having that to do...and I’m discovering the joys of chopping vegetables, it’s such a therapeutic thing and they’re so colourful...as a family, we’re all new vegetable only eaters so we all sometimes ‘cook together’ as well in trying new recipes.../...yeah sad but there we go....

LaLaLand 10-02-2021 05:07 AM

Mostly cook in the week with takeout(s) on the weekend but sometimes if we're in the mood we'll order something in the week too.

Saturday is chippy night off The Chip Van usually! :love:

Josy 10-02-2021 06:41 AM

We have homemade / cooked meals through the week and quite often a takeaway on a Saturday

We were always out for lunches or dinners on a weekend but covid put a stop to that

smudgie 10-02-2021 07:16 AM

Hubby cooks all the meals now.
His only takeaway is fish and chips.
I am quite partial to takeaways of any description but limit it to a few times a year.

Kazanne 10-02-2021 08:21 AM

I cook meals ,then I know what is in them, takeaways in our house are very rare.

Cherie 10-02-2021 08:37 AM

We cook most nights and have a takeway or eat out (in the good old days) about twice a month

Cherie 10-02-2021 08:40 AM

how do people afford to have takeaway most nights, we had a takeaway last saturday it was 35.00 for 3 of us :skull: I think he has put his prices up :suspect:

Niamh. 10-02-2021 09:00 AM

Gav cooks during the week usually and then I'll cook one day of the weekend and we'll get take away the other

Niamh. 10-02-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10997501)
Since lockdown, we have slipped into a huge takeaway habit that needs sorted really. Have maybe 50/50 for late meals. Always something from the fridge or whatever for lunch though.

The takeaway habit is even worse when you consider this is for kids too really. The motivation to do...anything is just gone though. Was dealing fine, until maybe about November when it stated to feel relentless and..totally joyless, and started hitting the kids harder too I think :/

It seems that way for a lot of people I think Vicky (the reaction to Lock down) it was a bit of a novelty at the start plus we were just coming in to summer so you don't feel as trapped or restricted when the weather is good I think. It's really wearing thin now though

Nicky91 10-02-2021 09:48 AM

always cook meals, i did have chinese takeaways the year before the corona **** happened :skull:
but now not into takeaways anymore

Vicky. 10-02-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10997572)
how do people afford to have takeaway most nights, we had a takeaway last saturday it was 35.00 for 3 of us :skull: I think he has put his prices up :suspect:

We tend to get stuff for 5 for about 25-30ish. A lot of the time too, me and gavin don't really get anything, so its just for the kids which is obviously quite cheap

Have also, after saying always have lunch from fridge..ordered a bloody subway :laugh: 40 quid for sandwiches man...its mental really.

I dread to think what we have spent on takeaways recently..but what the hell else is there to buy...have overdone amazon, to the point where I got so paranoid the neighbours would be yapping on as we had deliveries everyday. Weirdly, am not usually so...'omg I have to spend money!' either, thats a new-ish thing.

Lockdown is really messing with me. I appear to be the only one I know who has lost weight during this too..its really weird. Eating LOADS of crap, yet have lost 2 stone and weigh the least I have in like..15 years now :laugh:

Cal. 10-02-2021 12:40 PM

Love a takeaway but home cooking most of the time!

GoldHeart 10-02-2021 12:50 PM

A takeaway is lovely when you haven't had it in a while as a treat especially Chinese :love: .

But overall I have a mixture of home cooked and frozen usually .

Jake. 10-02-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10997606)
always cook meals, i did have chinese takeaways the year before the corona **** happened :skull:
but now not into takeaways anymore

:umm2: