ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Claudia Lawrence's Dad Dies Without Closure (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373487)

GoldHeart 15-02-2021 08:42 PM

Claudia Lawrence's Dad Dies Without Closure

The father of missing chef Claudia Lawrence has died — without ever finding out if she was murdered.

Peter Lawrence, 74, passed away on Thursday at St Leonard’s Hospice after a short illness. His death comes 12 years after Claudia was reported missing after failing to turn up for a shift at the University of York.

Police believe the 35-year-old — who has not been seen since March 18, 2009 — was murdered. Her body has never been found. Nine people have been questioned but none charged

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...-14081834/amp/

Didn't see a thread about this, so thought I'd make one.

R.I.P

Very sad news to die without the real closure of his daughter's disappearance . Must of been agonising not knowing .

Ammi 15-02-2021 08:47 PM

...I read that earlier, it’s extremely sad, GoldHeart...

GoldHeart 15-02-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 11001393)
...I read that earlier, it’s extremely sad, GoldHeart...

All those years , I kept thinking if any of us will ever find out what happened but it doesn't look likely sadly .

Cherie 15-02-2021 09:12 PM

oh this is so sad, he fought so hard to find out what happened to her, I would imagine the stress of what happened took years off his life poor man

Ammi 16-02-2021 06:31 AM

...we always like to think that ‘justice will be served’ but sometimes it just sadly isn’t...and when your child’s life has been taken, that person has taken your own life as well, really...and that of the whole family as well in so many different ways...the thought ever to outlive a child, is just an unthinkable thing anyway...but for their life to be taken and to never see justice...it’s just beyond any words...it’s always said ‘Rest in Peace’....as incredibly filled with sadness it is, maybe he now has a form of peace, could be said...the release from pain through death...

joeysteele 16-02-2021 06:49 AM

Very sad news indeed.
The not knowing for certain is devastating.

Ammi 16-02-2021 06:53 AM

...maybe that person who took her life is now dead also and didn’t give any small peace that they could have...?...

arista 16-02-2021 06:53 AM

Sad he never got the truth.

Ammi 16-02-2021 06:59 AM

...it’s not the same exactly but sadly some parents/families of victims of Ian Brady and Myra Hindley as well...never knowing where their bodies lay exactly, just heart rendering...and cruelty beyond words to never reveal ...

joeysteele 16-02-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11001502)
Sad he never got the truth.

Very sad arista.

I can't begin to imagine the torment it must be not knowing
To be continuing in life, being near certain your daughter is dead, yet nagging away in your mind a tiny spark saying she may not be.

That conflict of thought and feeling must be enormous.

Kazanne 16-02-2021 12:55 PM

Terrible to live with something like that,poor man,

rusticgal 16-02-2021 05:11 PM

It must be extremely difficult to even try and move on with your life without knowing if she is dead or alive...so sad.

UserSince2005 16-02-2021 05:22 PM

Rip shame he died wondering where she went

I hope if she did just runaway she comes forward now and this can all be settled

GoldHeart 16-02-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 11001503)
...it’s not the same exactly but sadly some parents/families of victims of Ian Brady and Myra Hindley as well...never knowing where their bodies lay exactly, just heart rendering...and cruelty beyond words to never reveal ...

Yeah Ammi the Brady & Hindley murders were sickening and very cruel especially holding onto that power of not telling the families where the bodies are.