ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother Canada (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=617)
-   -   Big Brother Canada new housemates (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373724)

DrunkerThanMoses 24-02-2021 05:34 PM

Big Brother Canada new housemates

https://www.bigbrothercanada.ca/houseguests/

Meet the housemates of season 9

Denver 24-02-2021 05:38 PM

Josh and Tychon win and thats the tea

UserSince2005 24-02-2021 05:47 PM

why are they shiny?

Braden 24-02-2021 06:42 PM

Breydon spells his name wrong :hmph:

Kate! 24-02-2021 07:35 PM

The ladies are looking better than the chaps.

Beth and Tera. X

Captain.Remy 24-02-2021 08:34 PM

No Minh-Ly from BB CAN8, our robbed queen.

They look....very young? Is that a teen version this year or something?

Legrand 24-02-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 11006589)

The average age is 29 actually, so not that young.
--

Rooting for Julie and Victoria. :bouncy:

Mandie 25-02-2021 12:49 AM

Wish there was more representation from more provinces.

kingston 25-02-2021 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandie (Post 11006642)
Wish there was more representation from more provinces.

Alberta, BC, Ontario, and Quebec cover roughly 86.5% of the Canadian population. I live in Calgary which has a population equal to that of Manitoba and larger than Saskatchewan which are the 5th and 6th most populated provinces. It’s hard to argue this cast isn’t a fair representation of the Canadian population. You’re clearly just looking for something to bitch about.

Captain.Remy 25-02-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legrand (Post 11006607)
The average age is 29 actually, so not that young.

Yeah I saw that, but they look young. Maybe it's the pictures, idk.

Calderyon 25-02-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 11006589)

Every HG who were left when they canceled the season were robbed.

Except Carol, of course.

Captain.Remy 25-02-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calderyon (Post 11006739)
Every HG who were left when they canceled the season were robbed.

Except Carol, of course.

Indeed they were, I think the season was heading towards the good direction after the first weeks that were shaky.
But I definitely liked her a lot more than the others though :laugh:

Calderyon 25-02-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 11006769)
Indeed they were, I think the season was heading towards the good direction after the first weeks that were shaky.
But I definitely liked her a lot more than the others though :laugh:

She was on shaky ground regarding people trusting her though.

But I think the producers liked her. And Sheldon & Brooke, seeing as they were the last 3 to exit the house.

Mokka 25-02-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingston (Post 11006645)
Alberta, BC, Ontario, and Quebec cover roughly 86.5% of the Canadian population. I live in Calgary which has a population equal to that of Manitoba and larger than Saskatchewan which are the 5th and 6th most populated provinces. It’s hard to argue this cast isn’t a fair representation of the Canadian population. You’re clearly just looking for something to bitch about.

Why is this "bitching".
It's a fair statement. They found a guy in Banff, and several other small communities, but manage year after year to miss out on Prairie major centers. They have in the past had several contestants from the East Coast even though they are small in population...

Oh I forgot, Alberta matters most somehow in our Canadian Nation. Silly me

Zizu 25-02-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses (Post 11006513)
https://www.bigbrothercanada.ca/houseguests/

Meet the housemates of season 9

Where can we watch this series ( uk) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kingston 25-02-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 11006905)
Why is this "bitching".
It's a fair statement. They found a guy in Banff, and several other small communities, but manage year after year to miss out on Prairie major centers. They have in the past had several contestants from the East Coast even though they are small in population...

Oh I forgot, Alberta matters most somehow in our Canadian Nation. Silly me

I have no idea how it’s not... Obviously 100% representation is unrealistic. Complaining about a percentage of 13.5% is just ridiculous.

Also I never claimed Alberta was superior... I merely compared the population of a single city to that of two provinces. It’s pretty obvious why as a bigger population obviously allows for a larger pool of potential candidates.

Also at the end of the day if we’re looking at diversity in casting there are much better and more important options in terms of criteria than location.

Mandie 26-02-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingston (Post 11006645)

I'm not bitching, just stating my option. I wish the cast was more spread out. I've lived in 4 different provinces and they don't all act the same. I have no issue with some provinces having more representation but it's always the exact same places.

Mandie 26-02-2021 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingston (Post 11006936)
I have no idea how it’s not... Obviously 100% representation is unrealistic. Complaining about a percentage of 13.5% is just ridiculous.

Also I never claimed Alberta was superior... I merely compared the population of a single city to that of two provinces. It’s pretty obvious why as a bigger population obviously allows for a larger pool of potential candidates.

Also at the end of the day if we’re looking at diversity in casting there are much better and more important options in terms of criteria than location.

Again not looking for a fight, perhaps the issue is more that the smaller provinces/territories don't put themselves out there like the larger cities. I can honestly that say that I knew an equal amount of "out there", "unique", "quirky" people living on the East Coast as I did in Toronto. I never asked for 100% representation - that's just asking for a boring cast.

kingston 26-02-2021 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandie (Post 11007174)
I'm not bitching, just stating my option. I wish the cast was more spread out. I've lived in 4 different provinces and they don't all act the same. I have no issue with some provinces having more representation but it's always the exact same places.

As I’ve stated above if we’re going to speak about diversity in casting location is least important. 86.5% of the country’s population is represented which is more than fair. If location is the only topic you can find to be opinionated about in this cast production have clearly done their job.

kingston 26-02-2021 01:46 AM

Quote:

Big Brother Canada 9 contestant Ethan Quance will be replaced

Following his casting on Big Brother Canada 9 earlier this week, serious allegations began to surface around one contestant in Ethan Quance. These included allegations of racism, assault, and also a video of him saying a homophobic slur online.

So after much of this information surfaced online, it led to a big question: What would production do to resolve this? Would they pay attention to the social-media revelations? We now have an answer to this, and it is a defiant yes. In a series of posts on Twitter, the show confirmed that “this individual will be replaced ahead of the season premiere.” This means that there is likely an alternate houseguest that can be chosen — alternates are often available this early in the process.

While the series does not explicitly name Ethan as the person removed, he was the only contestant in the cast discussed within the context we are speaking of today. His removal from the cast sends a message that Big Brother Canada as a series is intent on focusing on people without a history of problematic comments or allegations — they want the focus to remain on the game. Do we still have questions about how certain contestants fall through the cracks and aren’t identified earlier? Absolutely we do, and the same goes with much of reality TV in general. (Look at The Bachelor this season for an example.)

Ultimately, though, we applaud Big Brother Canada now for doing the right thing, and understanding that concerns such as the ones surrounding Ethan need to be taken seriously. They clearly want to avoid some of the controversial situations that we’ve seen on other seasons of this franchise.

Big Brother Canada 9 will premiere on Global on Wednesday, March 3.

https://cartermatt.com/431558/big-br...-replaced/amp/

LemonJam 26-02-2021 05:31 AM

Lmao @ the replacement being almost a clone : love: makes you wonder if there's an alternate for every houseguest so their archetype gets filled.

Zizu 26-02-2021 06:14 AM

Where are you guys watching this ?

( channel )

kingston 26-02-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11007200)
( channel )

Global TV

Zizu 26-02-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingston (Post 11007557)
Global TV

Sorry I have no idea what that is nor where to find it !

LemonJam 27-02-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11007634)
Sorry I have no idea what that is nor where to find it !

Hey Zizu; it's on Global TV which isn't available in the UK, but when I find a link for the first episode remind me and I'll shoot it through to you. (Make sure you have an adblocker turned on) :)