ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th 2021) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373832)

LukeB 28-02-2021 09:04 PM

Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th 2021)

The new title has just been annouced
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Home_logo.jpg

Confirmed Cast so far
Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man: (obvs)
Zendaya as MJ
Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds:
Marisa Tomei as May Parker:
Jamie Foxx as Max Dillon / Electro:
An electrical tradesman who gains electric powers after an accident. Foxx reprises his role from Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014). Unlike that appearance, he will not be depicted as blue for this film

Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange:
Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius / Doctor Octopus

Mitchell 28-02-2021 09:47 PM

Can’t wait, not a marvel fan really but love the Spider-Man films

Tony Montana 02-03-2021 08:25 PM

Geez, they are really running this “Home” thing into the ground smh.

It better be amazing if all those rumours about Maguire and Garfield returning are true.

Jordan. 02-03-2021 09:24 PM

The set up for Spider-Man: Nobody's Home with Avril on the soundtrack, speaking it into existence.

James 24-08-2021 02:23 AM

Trailer.

James 24-08-2021 02:43 AM

It looks like they are continuing the multiverse story from Loki in this.

Smithy 24-08-2021 05:34 AM

I reckon Dr octopus is saying hello peter to Toby Maguire bc he wouldn’t know Tom Holland

Oliver_W 24-08-2021 08:46 AM

Looks awesome! By and large I feel like I'm "done" with the MCU now Endgame's happened, but I've always loved Spider-Man movies.

Barry. 24-08-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 11086965)
I reckon Dr octopus is saying hello peter to Toby Maguire bc he wouldn’t know Tom Holland

I’d love that, hope that’s the case. Green goblin too? Do we know which one it will be? Spider-Man or amazing Spider-Man?

Smithy 24-08-2021 11:42 AM

Probably both

Nicky91 24-08-2021 01:31 PM

is this like previous ones released on Netflix, right?

Nicky91 24-08-2021 01:35 PM

sorry to say it for those who are fans of Kirsten Dunst, but i actually prefer Zendaya as the better ''MJ'' actress

anyhow great to Willem Dafoe back :worship: :worship: and yes i am a big fan of Alfred Molina's acting too

Oliver_W 24-08-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 11087023)
I’d love that, hope that’s the case. Green goblin too? Do we know which one it will be? Spider-Man or amazing Spider-Man?

Based on the Pumpkin Bomb, it's the Spider-Man one, if not both.

Barry. 24-08-2021 08:39 PM

That would be cool if both came to this timeline

Toy Soldier 25-08-2021 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11086957)
It looks like they are continuing the multiverse story from Loki in this.

Apparently Multiverse is going to be a huge part of Phase 4 in general, but yeah there's a specific thread running from Loki -> No Way Home -> Dr Strange 2 -> Ant-man Quantumania -> Loki season 2.

I've heard rumours that Loki will be in Dr Strange 2 and possibly will show up in No Way Home, though I'd imagine small appearance if that's in any way true... post-credits scene is possible?

Strictly Jake 25-08-2021 08:06 AM

I watch them but I never pay attention so can someone help me...

The new Spiderman films, are they a reboot of a reboot. Because we had Tony Maguire era. Then we had the Andrew Garfield era. Now we have the Tom Holland era which is better in terms of how the film's look. But is it just a reboot or do they all exist as Spiderman? I watched the cartoon one multiverse whatever with my son and that was even more confusing

Also I watch hardly any marvel films apart from the Spiderman, iron man and avengers ones so the fact all these characters come into other films and stuff I just don't get

Toy Soldier 25-08-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11087309)
I watch them but I never pay attention so can someone help me...

The new Spiderman films, are they a reboot of a reboot. Because we had Tony Maguire era. Then we had the Andrew Garfield era. Now we have the Tom Holland era which is better in terms of how the film's look. But is it just a reboot or do they all exist as Spiderman? I watched the cartoon one multiverse whatever with my son and that was even more confusing

Also I watch hardly any marvel films apart from the Spiderman, iron man and avengers ones so the fact all these characters come into other films and stuff I just don't get

Ahh well that's a little complicated now :joker:.

They were reboots, they all existed separately with their own origin stories, their own Aunt Mayses, etc... up until now the only Spider-man who has existed within the MCU was Tom Holland. The other crossovers (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America etc.) all literally exist in the same world as him.

But now, after the events of Loki (triggered by the events of Endgame) the "multiverse", basically infinite parallel worlds, has opened up. Loki spoilers:

Spoiler:

There was some big multiverse war at some point, and it was ended when the guy who accidentally started it basically "cancelled" all of the other universes except the "main" one (you could think of that as the MCU) and created an organisation that kept the timeline "sacred" so that there were no other versions of reality. That all got thrown out of the window with the events of Loki (a version of Loki from an alternate timeline killed the guy in charge), so now the multiverse is "back", meaning that all of the other universes exist again, and could interact if people powerful enough to make "cracks in reality" start ****ing around (so the big magic users like Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, also through tech like the Quantum Realm so Ant-man etc.).

ANYWAY - now that this has happened, they've basically made it mean that the old versions of Spider-man (Maguire and Garfield) aren't totally separate things that have nothing at all to do with the MCU - they "really happened" within the MCU, but in "parallel universes". So they're not in the literal same world like Tom Holland Spider-man and the Avengers... but they do all "exist" :umm2:.

It's also most likely how they'll bring X-men into the MCU. My guess is that things will get messy within the next few films and so they'll decide to do something to organise all of the chaos, and in doing so, they'll merge some universes into the main one, and one of those will contain the X-men.

bitontheslide 25-08-2021 08:40 AM

arrowverse do the same thing, they bring dead characters back by transferring them from another earth and they have multiple versions of the flash etc. It annoyed me for a while, but then i just went with the flow :laugh:

Strictly Jake 25-08-2021 09:50 AM

That's way too deep for me. Haha.

James 25-08-2021 11:15 AM

The danger with the multiverse storyline is that it could start to feel like nothing has any consequence anymore eg. bringing back dead characters like Doc Ock.

They've already used time-travel to bring in new versions of killed-off characters like Gamora and Loki.

Niamh. 25-08-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11087354)
The danger with the multiverse storyline is that it could start to feel like nothing has any consequence anymore eg. bringing back dead characters like Doc Ock.

They've already used time-travel to bring in new versions of killed-off characters like Gamora and Loki.

Yeah, I am excited to see all the Spideys and Villains in the one film but I also totally agree with your point

Oliver_W 25-08-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11087341)
That's way too deep for me. Haha.

Think of it like this - they're not "reboots" of each other per se, they're just different versions of the same character. How many Oliver Twist movies have there been - billions! They're not reboots of each other, they're just different people making a version of the book, or in Spidey's case, different adaptions of the comics.

Toy Soldier 25-08-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11087319)
arrowverse do the same thing, they bring dead characters back by transferring them from another earth and they have multiple versions of the flash etc. It annoyed me for a while, but then i just went with the flow :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11087354)

Funnily enough, this is exactly why they've done the exact opposite a few times in the comics (and went this way with the Arrowverse). Basically the Loki series took the "one true timeline" of the MCU and split it so that there's now a multiverse. The Arrowverse always had a multiverse (e.g. the Supergirl/Superman universe being separate to the Flash, there being the alternative Jay Garrick Flash from another universe, multiple versions of Wells, etc.) and did the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" storyline, where all universes except the "Prime" universe (which they referred to as "Earth-1") were destroyed, but then Oliver Queen (who had sacrificed himself to save the universe and been granted godlike powers) was able to "merge" the multiverse instead... so now there is just ONE world, but aspects of many universes were blended into it. So for example, now Supergirl and Superman have always existed on the same earth as Green Arrow/Flash et al., Jay Garrick is a "retired Flash" who has always existed in the same reality as the current Flash, etc.

And yeah basically they did it because having an active multiverse "reduces the stakes" and makes it too easy for mistakes to be undone and dead characters to return, so it's a big :shrug: when they die. The did the same with time travel with the "Flashpoint" narrative (i.e. learning that changing the past messes with the present in ways you can't predict, so don't do it).

They still kinda do it though anyway - e.g. we have "new" Nora now (The Flash's daughter) from the future, even though she was erased from the timeline like 2 seasons ago :think:. Legends of Tomorrow kills and resurrects characters all the time also but it's not really supposed to be taken as seriously, they're pretty self-aware with it at this point, e.g. it's a bit of an "in joke" that Sarah Lance isn't bothered when people threaten her life, because she's died so many times.

Anyway... tl;dr I think after a run of "multiverse chaos" this is most likely where the MCU will go with this - they'll intorduce the new elements and characters they want to introduce using Multiverse, and then establish that "it's too unpredictable and dangerous to mess with" blah blah blah so that one merged universe is "set in stone" as the "proper" one. They'll re-establish the TVA from Loki as "benevolent time-keepers" (likely headed up by Mobius M Mobius) and characters like Doctor Strange will establish "rules" against messing with reality.

We'll see lots of Multivere hijinx throughout Phase 4 before that though :joker:.

Nicky91 25-08-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11087391)
Funnily enough, this is exactly why they've done the exact opposite a few times in the comics (and went this way with the Arrowverse). Basically the Loki series took the "one true timeline" of the MCU and split it so that there's now a multiverse. The Arrowverse always had a multiverse (e.g. the Supergirl/Superman universe being separate to the Flash, there being the alternative Jay Garrick Flash from another universe, multiple versins of Wells, etc.) and did the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" storyline, where all universes except the "Prime" universe (which they referred to as "Earth-1") were destroyed, but then Oliver Queen (who had sacrificed himself to save the universe and been granted godlike powers) was able to "merge" the multiverse instead... so now there is just ONE world, but aspects of many universes were belnded into it. So for example, now Supergirl and Superman have always existed on the same earth as Green Arrow/Flash et al., Jay Garrick is a "retired Flash" who has always existed in the same reality as the current Flash, etc.

And yeah basically they did it because having an active multiverse "reduces the stakes" and makes it too easy for mistakes to be undone and dead characters to return, so it's a big :shrug: when they die. The did the same with time travel with the "Flashpoint" narrative (i.e. learning that changing the past messes with the present in ways you can't predict, so don't do it).

They still kinda do it though anyway - e.g. we have "new" Nora now (The Flash's daughter) from the future, even though she was erased from the timeline like 2 seasons ago :think:. Legends of Tomorrow kills and resurrects characters all the time also but it's not really supposed to be taken as seriously, they're pretty self-aware with it at this point, e.g. it's a bit of an "in joke" that Sarah Lance isn't bothered when people threaten her life, because she's died so many times.

Anyway... tl;dr I think after a run of "multiverse chaos" this is most likely where the MCU will go with this - they'll intorduce the new elements and characters they want to introduce using Multiverse, and then establish that "it's too unpredictable and dangerous to mess with" blah blah blah so that one merged universe is "set in stone" as the "proper" one. They'll re-establish the TVA from Loki as "benevolent time-keepers" (likely headed up by Mobius M Mobius) and characters like Doctor Strange will establish "rules" against messing with reality.

We'll see lots of Multivere hijinx throughout Phase 4 before that though :joker:.

Spoiler:

you don't wanna know what she is now :fan:

Toy Soldier 25-08-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11087392)
Spoiler:

you don't wanna know what she is now :fan:

Spoiler:

Yeah they've really gone with it now - given her "Wolverine regeneration" so she literally can't die :joker: