ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Killing of James Bulger (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374096)

Kazanne 10-03-2021 11:36 AM

The Killing of James Bulger

On at 9pm channel 5, if anyone is interested ,his brothers also appear in this program ,this murder was years ago but still fresh in some peoples minds.

Niamh. 10-03-2021 11:37 AM

I think I'd find it a very hard watch, I do like true crime documentaries but this one has always stuck with me as one of the worst things I ever remember happening. I think I'd find it too upsetting actually. Doesn't bare thinking about what they did to that poor boy

Livia 10-03-2021 11:40 AM

I can see that little boy's face in my mind really clearly even now.

UserSince2005 10-03-2021 11:41 AM

Not heard about this before, I might give it a watch.

arista 10-03-2021 11:42 AM

Its a New 2 Parter Ch5HD

9PM-10:30PM
tonight

Then
9PM-10:30PM Thursday.

Kazanne 10-03-2021 11:59 AM

He would have been 31 on March 16th, he was murdered just shy of his 3rd birthday, he will never be forgotten ,and I still think that justice was never done for him or his family, even though so many years have gone by ,its still very sad his name is synonymous
with sadness and shock .His biological brother Michael is how James may have looked if he had lived.

jet 10-03-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11014783)
On at 9pm channel 5, if anyone is interested ,his brothers also appear in this program ,this murder was years ago but still fresh in some peoples minds.

I'd like to see how little James's family are getting on, but I don't know if I could bear it Kaz. It's just so horrific....and if it talks about those 2 murderers getting all that help to have new lives, I'd definitely have to switch off.

Amy Jade 10-03-2021 12:44 PM

I've got it on record but I don't know if I can honestly watch it. I enjoy true crime but I can't cope with details on kids or animals being harmed, it makes me feel sick.

Zizu 10-03-2021 02:51 PM

The Killing of James Bulger

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 11014836)
I'd like to see how little James's family are getting on, but I don't know if I could bear it Kaz. It's just so horrific....and if it talks about those 2 murderers getting all that help to have new lives, I'd definitely have to switch off.

Last I heard - one of them was ‘housed’ in a secure unit about a mile away from us ( Manchester) .

Guess he could have been moved away by now ... it was about 6 years ago .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kazanne 10-03-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11014941)
Last I heard - one of them was ‘housed’ in a secure unit about a mile away from us ( Manchester) .

Guess he could have been moved away by now ... it was about 6 years ago .

One of them was in Barton Moss secure unit in Manchester, but that was a few years ago.

Vanessa 10-03-2021 03:22 PM

This was so heartbreaking.
It reminds me of Baby P, I went to the cemetery to pay my respects.
Anytime a poor little soul loses their life like this it really upsets me. :sad:

AnnieK 10-03-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11014947)
One of them was in Barton Moss secure unit in Manchester, but that was a few years ago.

He's not in Barton Moss now, its a children's unit.

AnnieK 10-03-2021 03:27 PM

I don't think I can watch it, its so heartbreaking. I read Ralph's book and it stayed with me for ages afterwards.

Ammi 10-03-2021 03:29 PM

...I may watch it later, I’m not sure...his brothers are going to be taking part as well, I’ve read...I recall watching an interview once with Sarah Payne’s sister and as upsetting and heartbreaking as these things are to watch...it’s interesting to listen to how sibling lives have been impacted in horrific cases such as these because their lives have obviously been completely changed as well..this is part of a series of other cases as well, Kaz..?..

joeysteele 10-03-2021 03:35 PM

He was born less than 2 years before myself.
When I think of my life and all he's been denied it is heartbreaking.

I'll watch it.
Just awful to think he'd only be a couple of years older than me, with so much life he should have had to come yet.
Really heartbreaking.

As I learned about this horrific murder much later than it took place obviously.
It was the one time I had a thought as to there should be the death penalty for the evil pair that tortured him, then killed him.

It's a story whenever anything is on TV about it, I have to watch.
Even though it tears me to pieces.
Even worse thinking of the protection his evil killers have had in life.

I'm always crushed too, when I see his Mother Denise.
The torment and pain she must have gone through and her admirable determination to try to hold some real justice for her son.
While highlighting the protection of those rotten pair of killers.

hijaxers 10-03-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11014783)

How anyone can forget what those vile lads did , i've watched every prog over years and it all still disgusts , its right up there for the most vile killers and the memories never go away . The fact that one of them has continued to be a threat makes me wish he were locked away for life.

Zizu 10-03-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11014947)

It wasn’t that unit so they must be moving them around ..

AnnieK 10-03-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11014991)

They were in Prestwich for a while too Zizu. They are not in Manchester now though I don't think, one I think is in prison and the other has a new identity.

Kazanne 10-03-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11014991)

One was there just after they were found guilty,but that was years ago, Venables is in prison (supposedly) Thompson has gone on to keep his head down and stay out of trouble apparently

GoldHeart 10-03-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 11014847)
I've got it on record but I don't know if I can honestly watch it. I enjoy true crime but I can't cope with details on kids or animals being harmed, it makes me feel sick.

Especially kids so young, he was still a baby pretty much. This is one of the most horrific unsettling crimes in history.

Kazanne 10-03-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 11014982)
How anyone can forget what those vile lads did , i've watched every prog over years and it all still disgusts , its right up there for the most vile killers and the memories never go away . The fact that one of them has continued to be a threat makes me wish he were locked away for life.

Yes , the one who has offended TWICE should never be set free again,he obviously didnt learn anything, as for the other one, not much known about him, but seems to have kept his nose clean,but I do think when they were 18 they should have both gone to a big boys prison, they had no punishment really ,infact they got more from that murder than they would have ever had,imo.

Ammi 11-03-2021 06:07 AM

...I hadn’t realised it was two parts with the second part this evening...all the way through when Denise and the police had so much hope and we all knew, obviously....we were still there with her in every step of her hope, even though we knew...poor baby...going through each hour step by step with her...like Denise, I can’t ever imagine leaving that last place in the shopping centre either...going home and leaving him alone, how much that would have torn her apart when she was already torn open...and when the police saw him being taken by the two boys, that they had this sense of relief that it would be okay now...two children wouldn't have harmed him, he was just lost somewhere ..but now he’d be found and with his family again...and to be found by children as well...

joeysteele 11-03-2021 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 11015367)
...I hadn’t realised it was two parts with the second part this evening...all the way through when Denise and the police had so much hope and we all knew, obviously....we were still there with her in every step of her hope, even though we knew...poor baby...going through each hour step by step with her...like Denise, I can’t ever imagine leaving that last place in the shopping centre either...going home and leaving him alone, how much that would have torn her apart when she was already torn open...and when the police saw him being taken by the two boys, that they had this sense of relief that it would be okay now...two children wouldn't have harmed him, he was just lost somewhere ..but now he’d be found and with his family again...and to be found by children as well...

Really great post.

I really feel for his Mum Denise too..
As I said, I've always admired her determination to get true justice for little James.

This is one of, if not the, most horrific and most heartbreaking of murders.

Kazanne 11-03-2021 07:42 AM

Just as heartbreaking as when it first happened, and both his parents destroyed really, I can't think of anything worse than to lose a child this way.I Will be watching the second part tonight, I often wonder if those boys ever really feel any remorse.

Zizu 11-03-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 11015367)

I don’t think I’ll ever forget seeing that news “footage” of them walking him out of the precinct.... so very , very sad