ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   One member of the Royals who is a proven RACIST is..... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374098)

LeatherTrumpet 10-03-2021 12:37 PM

One member of the Royals who is a proven RACIST is.....

a couple of examples here from the horse's mouth

i wonder how many years have to go bye before you stop being a racist? :think:

parmnion 10-03-2021 12:56 PM

He cant be racist he has black friends.

UserSince2005 10-03-2021 12:58 PM

Two to be honest.

But like Grandfather like Grandson. As they say.

rusticgal 10-03-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11014837)

Sadly it wasnt until he married a mixed race person that the penny dropped.

Kazanne 10-03-2021 01:12 PM

Yes a few people have mentioned this even myself ,but it seems to get glossed over I wonder why, I like Harry he was always my favourite royal but talk about double standards.

LeatherTrumpet 10-03-2021 01:54 PM

I am sure Meghan has forgiven him for his racist ways so hopefully, she has already forgiven Prince Char....i mean the unknown royal for his racist ways?

:fc:

Jordan. 10-03-2021 02:02 PM

Being brought up by racists will do that. Thankfully he matured and educated himself unlike other senior members.

parmnion 10-03-2021 02:03 PM

Good on the royals for booting this racist out of the family.

Tom4784 10-03-2021 02:09 PM

Thankfully he's outgrown his family, in that regard. If these clips were recent, it would be a different story, but I'll never bash someone for past bigotry if they have grown beyond it and seen the error of their ways.

I can't at racists on twitter getting offended at Harry, not because they actually care about those clips, but because they think it gives them reason to hate him. These are the same flag wankers that jizz to the thought of buying a poppy every year, yet here they are, bashing a ten year veteran because they don't like his wife when, if it was anyone else, they'd be in disingenuous reverence of them.

Zizu 10-03-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11014837)

Straight from the horse’s mouth ... I presumed you were going to name Camilla as the racist :)

All that being said ... you being serious ?

We discussed this non-story about Harry .. at some considerable length about two days ago ..

I may start regurgitating old stories of Charles and his mistress before Di , during Di’s marriage and afterwards..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oliver_W 10-03-2021 03:28 PM

Being a little edgelord and wearing a nazi uniform god knows how long ago doesn't really mean much. Mentioning that is up there with idiots who trawl back through people's twitter and pretend to be offended by things from years ago :shrug:

GoldHeart 10-03-2021 04:26 PM

Wow let's bring up something very silly from Harry's past to try and assassinate his character , Harry has clearly matured and grown up alot since then . Just like the nazi suit, it was a daft costume that's all.

And newsflash if we all heard 'army buddy' speech and conversations, then I'm pretty sure we'd be hearing more racism, homophobia,sexism the lot . And I'm talking full blown abuse ,and not in the lazy way Harry said it .

I guess when you're Philip's age it doesn't matter, even though we all know he's said offensive things. But it just gets brushed off as "ohh Philip what's he like eh" :rolleyes: .

armand.kay 10-03-2021 04:35 PM

I'm by no means a staunch Harry supporter. His history + him saying he never even thought about racism until he started dating Meghan is so... yikes, but at least he's showing that he's willing to educate himself, change and speak out against racism. Surely his previous attitudes on race only support the idea that there is a racism problem within the royal family. I mean what kind of environment does someone have to grow up in to think that using slurs and dressing like a nazi is cool?

I have to say though I'm surprised at the people even bringing up his past, usually, they're against holding people's problematic past against them. It's also funny how they've only got a problem with his racist past now. Where was all this concern before he and Meghan were a thing?

armand.kay 10-03-2021 04:38 PM

also "There's only one member of the royal family who has been proven to have demonstrated racism" is the funniest thing I've read all-day

GoldHeart 10-03-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 11015023)
also "There's only one member of the royal family who has been proven to have demonstrated racism" is the funniest thing I've read all-day

Ikr :joker: that made me chuckle

Scarlett. 10-03-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11014885)
Yes a few people have mentioned this even myself ,but it seems to get glossed over I wonder why, I like Harry he was always my favourite royal but talk about double standards.

At the very least that clip is over ten years old, probably even older. People change :shrug:

LeatherTrumpet 10-03-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlett. (Post 11015069)
At the very least that clip is over ten years old, probably even older. People change :shrug:

so can people change after say 4 years?

GoldHeart 10-03-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

This is clearly a way to make Harry look bad , whilst current racism in the royal institution continues.

Nobody is bringing on Philip's behaviour over the years, he seems to get a pass . Must be great being ancient as you get away with all sorts .

Kazanne 10-03-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Yes I agree and by that token ,the person who supposedly remarked on Archies race may have changed too, none of us KNOW who or how it was said just people surmising and thinking the worst as it suits them.I am sure Harry could tell The Queen in private just who it was if he cant tell us.:shrug:

rusticgal 10-03-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 11015022)
I'm by no means a staunch Harry supporter. His history + him saying he never even thought about racism until he started dating Meghan is so... yikes, but at least he's showing that he's willing to educate himself, change and speak out against racism. Surely his previous attitudes on race only support the idea that there is a racism problem within the royal family. I mean what kind of environment does someone have to grow up in to think that using slurs and dressing like a nazi is cool?

I have to say though I'm surprised at the people even bringing up his past, usually, they're against holding people's problematic past against them. It's also funny how they've only got a problem with his racist past now. Where was all this concern before he and Meghan were a thing?

Maybe then...this mature man that has seen the light since being with a mixed race woman...he could have educated the culprit who made the claimed Racist comment....instead of calling them out as racists to the whole world. His family supported him for the 2 occasions and had to make public apologies when he was younger....

Kazanne 10-03-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11015080)
This is clearly a way to make Harry look bad , whilst current racism in the royal institution continues.

Nobody is bringing on Philip's behaviour over the years, he seems to get a pass . Must be great being ancient as you get away with all sorts .

It doesnt matter how old it is,it was said,and this is about the racism they say is in the royal family, I like Harry,so have no desire to make him "look bad"but c'mon its pretty double standards,and as Ive said yes ,people change,so maybe the person who made a remark has changed too, Its all getting pretty silly now,I just hope they get on with their lives now and have that much desired privacy.

GoldHeart 10-03-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11015105)
It doesnt matter how old it is,it was said,and this is about the racism they say is in the royal family, I like Harry,but c'mon its pretty double standards,and as Ive said yes ,people change,so maybe the person who made a remark has changed too, Its all getting pretty silly now,I just hope they get on with their lives now and have that much desired privacy.

If you ever heard what goes on in the army you'd probably be traumatised , what Harry said is tame compared to what others would be saying and doing ie abuse,racism, homophobia, sexism .

I never said it was ok ,but let's be realistic here . And Harry has opened up and said he's been educated since being with Meghan.

Why is it fine to call out Harry but Philip gets let off for his offensive stuff over the years?? Old age ? . That sounds like double standards to me .

And we'll never know what was fully said in that uncomfortable awkward conversation Harry had ,with the person re Archie's skin colour. But either way it suggests ignorance . Context or not .

rusticgal 10-03-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11015107)

And we'll never know what was fully said in that uncomfortable awkward conversation Harry had ,with the person re Archie's skin colour. But either way it suggests ignorance . Context or not .

Which is why he should be having a conversation with that person...instead of running back and telling Meghan and then telling the whole world.

GoldHeart 10-03-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 11015128)
Which is why he should be having a conversation with that person...instead of running back and telling Meghan and then telling the whole world.

"Running back and telling Meghan" ?? She's his wife she's not a random ! .

LukeB 10-03-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11015141)
"Running back and telling Meghan" ?? She's his wife she's not a random ! .

Funny thing is all these people whining about Meghan ‘lying’ are now saying Harry should have not told her, by that he would be lying to her :hee: