ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Avatar is now the highest grossing film of all time (Again!) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374180)

Smithy 13-03-2021 04:42 PM

Avatar is now the highest grossing film of all time (Again!)

Following a rerelease in China

Who needs a sequel when you can just rerelease the original I guess!

arista 13-03-2021 05:47 PM

Yes its Great in 3-D

Dogeatdog 13-03-2021 07:07 PM

This film never appealed to me when it released and I still can’t be arsed to watch it even now :laugh:

GoldHeart 13-03-2021 08:01 PM

Yeah maybe they got too ambitious thinking of a sequel, it's been pushed back so many times.
The original movie was good especially with the effects,so might aswell just release it .

Zizu 14-03-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11017001)
Yeah maybe they got too ambitious thinking of a sequel, it's been pushed back so many times.

The original movie was good especially with the effects,so might aswell just release it .

I heard somewhere that the sequels are in production.. just hampered badly by Covid

Plus apparently they’re making Avatar 2, 3 and 4 all at the same time ( keeping the extraordinary costs down )

Then releasing them one at a time over three Christmas periods ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nicky91 14-03-2021 09:01 AM

yes that is what theatres now mainly do, re-release some of older popular content

Vanessa 14-03-2021 09:04 AM

I love it. Watched it at the cinema on IMAX.
Fantastic!

Zizu 14-03-2021 09:22 AM

It’s one of my favourite movies ..

Just need to get passed that first phase of the movie where it’s laying out the background story... but then it goes from 6 to a ten rapidly :)

The sequels will be phenomenal ..

Toy Soldier 14-03-2021 09:54 AM

It's a very decent piece of sci-fi but it's honestly not THAT good... I will obviously watch the sequels and hope that they're also enjoyable.

That said high-grossing doesn't often mean the world's best movies. I absolutely love the MCU and it's scope and ambition as a whole entity in movies is unparalleled - but as individual movies they're usually just "good action films", some simply mediocre, a couple that are genuinely stand-out movies in their own right (Winter Soldier for example is an excellent movie regardless of being part of the franchise).

But they gross so highly because of the franchise. Its not rally an indicator of quality.

Daniel. 14-03-2021 09:57 AM

Most overrated film ever. I saw it in the cinema when it was released and nearly slept.

Zizu 14-03-2021 10:45 AM

Avatar is now the highest grossing film of all time (Again!)

As I said the movie started off slowly ( as many blockbusters do .. simply to set the ground story out .

I recall nearly falling asleep a few times when I watched the first Lord of The Rings ..

Anyways for my part I just love the whole ‘look’ and feel of Avatar !

The Avatar ride in Disney is amazing !!!

https://youtu.be/WMxeDMPvSnI

Josy 14-03-2021 11:13 AM

I find it very over rated

Niamh. 14-03-2021 11:51 AM

It was an amazing experience to see it in 3D at the cinema, the visuals were spectacular

Oliver_W 17-03-2021 06:32 PM

Sequels could be good.

I know it's been a long time since the original but they could do something similar to the books that followed Ender's Game, and have an epic+sprawling scifi that takes place many years later.

Denver 17-03-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 11016978)
This film never appealed to me when it released and I still can’t be arsed to watch it even now :laugh:

Yea I've never seen it and doubt I ever will

Zizu 17-03-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11019404)
Sequels could be good.

I know it's been a long time since the original but they could do something similar to the books that followed Ender's Game, and have an epic+sprawling scifi that takes place many years later.

Yes and as I said they can get straight into the story / action with no need to lay out all the back stories as was done in the first

Zizu 17-03-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11019406)
Yea I've never seen it and doubt I ever will

You should give everything a chance ... I saw a clip from Game of Thrones and decided it wasn’t for me .. then a friend convinced me to watch the very first episode ... I was completely hooked within 5 minutes and saw it out to the very , very end . Thank gawd I gave it a proper chance

Alf 17-03-2021 07:27 PM

And it's still not even in the top 3 films directed by James Cameron.

Titanic is a better film.

LukeB 17-03-2021 07:28 PM

Titanic is overrated. A boring love story ruined it

Alf 17-03-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 11019465)

Zizu 17-03-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 11019465)

Have to agree

Alf 17-03-2021 07:38 PM

Titanic is Romeo and Juliet, it's Shakespeare. You can't get better than Shakespeare. Same as West Side story, that's Romeo and Juliet.

That's why both those films are two of the most Oscar laden films in history. Shakespeare rules the waves.

Oliver_W 17-03-2021 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11019477)
Titanic is Romeo and Juliet, it's Shakespeare. You can't get better than Shakespeare. Same as West Side story, that's Romeo and Juliet.

That's why both those films are two of the most Oscar laden films in history. Shakespeare rules the waves.

Dickens is better :hmph: