ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   UK S2, Finale discussion (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374294)

Shaun 18-03-2021 04:44 PM

UK S2, Finale discussion

Just over an hour left before we can find out who wins Series 2 :love:

Captain.Remy 18-03-2021 04:55 PM

Come through Bimini! :love:

Ammi 18-03-2021 04:57 PM

.....ughhhh, so excited....Bimini.:lovedup:...

Smithy 18-03-2021 06:45 PM

What the hell is going on with the audio of the song? It was crap quality and the track was totally out of sync with the lip sync :skull:

Shaun 18-03-2021 06:56 PM

So... (winner spoiler)

Spoiler:

Lawrence won :umm2:

Smithy 18-03-2021 07:03 PM

**** off

Smithy 18-03-2021 07:05 PM

What a joke

Smithy 18-03-2021 07:06 PM

Worst in the final challenge but ru was like, well she’s been my fave all season so why not eh

Braden 18-03-2021 07:09 PM

I'm happy for Lawrence! I think he makes a good winner :love:

Black Dagger 18-03-2021 07:11 PM

Well she better ****ing win all stars.

lewis111 18-03-2021 07:14 PM

I’m just so confused? The whole second half of the season has been focused on building up for a Bimini win and then they didn’t give it to us

Shaun 18-03-2021 07:17 PM

I don't really have any words. Head's too cloudy with disappointment and confusion at the moment, and I've endured far too many recent wrong winner decisions (yeah we got Shea/Jaida/Vivienne but like... is that enough to counter Yvie/TrinityMonet/Trixie/Sasha/Priyanka?)

I guess Lawrence was the more viable queen to have a comedy web-series but... is anyone watching the Vivienne's? Is it even still running? It's not a prize, it's a consolation prize because the BBC won't allow ****ing money.

This decision makes no sense from any approach other than RuPaul's personal opinion. And for that, among other things, RuPaul needs to die in a fire immediately.

Track record - Bimini
Fan support - Bimini
Edit - Bimini
Important wins (Snatch Game, Standup, Acting) - Bimini
Finale performance (apparently) - Bimini

Ammi 18-03-2021 07:34 PM

....my brother phoned just as the final runway was on...

..the energy in that lipsync, OMG wow...:love:...Lawrence Chaney...:lovedup:...I know she wasn’t my first wish for the win but it would be impossible not to be so thrilled for her...or for any of the last four, they really were the most fabulous four finalists...just such gorgeous ladies...so stunning, all of them...:flutter:...a lovely, lovely win for Lawrence ... :love:..

Amy Jade 18-03-2021 07:46 PM

I had a feeling Lawrence would win. Ru clearly favoured her.

UserSince2005 18-03-2021 07:50 PM

Bimini was too blonde, white, skinny and English to win. I saw this coming from a mile off.

UserSince2005 18-03-2021 07:54 PM

They will have filmed multiple endings and even despite the overwhelming social media support for Bimini they still decided to go with Laurence.

A Bimini win would have reinforced the idea that what she represents is ideal. And they were never going to do that in the current climate.

Laurence is great and for a big girl she knows how to dress herself and has the added bonus of being Scottish

Marsh. 18-03-2021 07:54 PM

He won because his Scottish accent made him saying his own name mildly amusing.

Amy Jade 18-03-2021 07:58 PM

I hate it when Ru decides to say one of the girls names a certain way, it always annoys the **** out me

like ivvvvyyy wiiiinttteeerrrsss haunted me

Captain.Remy 18-03-2021 07:59 PM

Yeah well when I said Ru wanted a comedy queen to win as there has not been any since Bob, I meant in the US!

Not that I dislike Lawrence, she was my favorite from the start until Snatch Game where Bimini has really shone since. Lawrence is big enough of a character to be remembered and liked but didn't really excel on the second half and in the last challenge.

Somehow Bimini winning was too obvious? It's like Ru REALLY loved Lawrence so the second half of the series did not matter, at all.
I don't know man, I guess Lawrence as a winner make more sense for the web series than Bimini?
Congrats to Lawrence! It is somehow deserving but when you have such a strong contender like Bimini it's a little bit tough to swallow because there's no strong evidence to back up a win like that.

UserSince2005 18-03-2021 08:02 PM

Y’all naive if you think ru has final say and picked her because of her name lol

Captain.Remy 18-03-2021 08:09 PM

Like I'm genuinely so shocked :skull: If Bimini had 3 badges and didn't do well in the last challenge, I could have understood the decision. But like she did the best out of everybody and it wasn't even close. She was also bringing a different type of drag too.

It's not putting Lawrence down because she's an entertaining drag queen with loads of charisma. But her victory is overshadowed by Bimini clearly being robbed. And most of the time I don't like to use this word when it's not deserving (no, Gigi, Peppermint, Eureka, Divina, Katya or whoever were not robbed) but clearly I feel like Bimini is at this moment.

I hope Lawrence becomes very successful and enjoys her prize as much as possible! I'm pretty sure she'll be brilliant and be everywhere on the screens:love:

Captain.Remy 18-03-2021 08:15 PM

Also, A Little Bit of Love is probably my favorite Ru song and yet this cast version seems rushed and didn't do it any justice. Can't we have longer verses for once like Canada did. On stage it looked messy too.

UserSince2005 18-03-2021 08:17 PM

Yall all confused because you don’t understand how it works. I’ve been trying to tell you how it works all series long but none of you listened. And now you’ll confused :facepalm:

Captain.Remy 18-03-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11020169)
Yall all confused because you don’t understand how it works. I’ve been trying to tell you how it works all series long but none of you listened. And now you’ll confused :facepalm:

You've been saying all series long that Tayce is favored due to his skin color, not that Lawrence would win over anybody else for whatever reason.
What you predicted didn't happen. So there was nothing to listen to in the first place.

UserSince2005 18-03-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 11020170)
You've been saying all series long that Tayce is favored due to his skin color, not that Lawrence would win over anybody else. What you predicted didn't happen. So there was nothing to listen to in the first place.

I said it multiple times actually. And I never said tayce would win. That was too far a stretch.