ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   DMX has died, aged 50 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374654)

Shaun 03-04-2021 04:44 PM

DMX has died, aged 50

Very much a breaking story, some are reporting that he's died, others are refuting it.

Quote:

DMX suffered a drug overdose Friday night and is currently in the hospital ... and the prognosis is not good.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, the OD occurred at his home at around 11 PM. Our sources say the overdose triggered a heart attack.

DMX was rushed to a hospital in White Plains, New York and is in the critical care unit. We're told he has "some brain activity." Another source says he's in a "vegetative state" and doctors have cautioned he may not make it.

As we have reported over the years, DMX, who was the cornerstone of the Ruff Ryders label, has battled substance abuse and has been to rehab several times. His last rehab stint back in 2019 came after he completed a 12-month sentence for tax evasion.

At the time, we were told DMX hadn't relapsed, but checked himself into rehab out of fear he might again, as he felt temptations to use creep up on him again.

DMX made his return to the stage following rehab in December 2019 when he hit Hakkassan in Las Vegas, chatting it up and taking photos with fans before he hit the stage.

During the Vegas show, he took a moment to tell fans, "When you fall down, get back up, everyone here has been through some s**t and you never know what God is willing to do for you until you need him to do something for you."

Would be a huge loss, had some massive hits at the turn of the century.

LaLaLand 03-04-2021 06:32 PM

Jeez. :sad:

Zizu 03-04-2021 08:27 PM

Drug overdose ??

I’ll never understand the concept of taking drugs made by completely untrained, unreliable , uncaring , completely immoral strangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shaun 04-04-2021 04:55 AM

Some updates :worry:

Quote:

7:25 PM PT -- We just got an official statement from DMX's rep ... "Last night Earl 'DMX' Simmons was rushed to the hospital after collapsing at home. At this time he remains in ICU in critical condition. Earl has been a warrior his entire life. This situation represents yet another road he must conquer." The rep goes on ... "The Simmons Family appreciates the overwhelming outpouring of heartfelt love, encouragement, support and prayers for Earl. Earl is someone whose life and music have been a source of inspiration and strength to so many people around the world. It is reassuring to see his fans return that same passion and energy to him during his time of need."

5:40 PM PT -- A family member of X's tells TMZ ... his children are flying in to see him.

5:20 PM PT -- A family member of X's tells TMZ ... paramedics tried resuscitating him for 30 minutes, and during that time he was deprived of oxygen. Doctors told the family the lack of oxygen severely impacted X's brain. One family source said, "It's not looking good."
There were some rumours going around that he'd been taken off life support and was breathing without assistance but those seem to have been erroneous.

Ammi 04-04-2021 05:39 AM

...he’s not someone that I’m familiar with, it’s all very, very sad...he overdosed in 2016 as well, I’m reading... “When you fall down, get back up”...that must be so much what his children and family are wishing for him but does he have a will to get back up if the ability is there, even....so sad....:sad:...

Zizu 04-04-2021 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 11028462)
...he’s not someone that I’m familiar with, it’s all very, very sad...he overdosed in 2016 as well, I’m reading... “When you fall down, get back up”...that must be so much what his children and family are wishing for him but does he have a will to get back up if the ability is there, even....so sad....:sad:...

He seems to have had a strangely stressful life from the snippets I’m seeing .. absent father , abusive mum , placed in children’s home ... addicted to cocaine at a very young age , fathered at least 15 kids , mainly from multiple extramarital affairs during his marriage ..
registered for bankruptcy a few years ago despite being a remarkably successful rapper ..

That’s just what I remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

arista 04-04-2021 10:40 AM

arista 04-04-2021 10:43 AM

Yes he chose a Wrong turn.
On his way out of life, sadly.

[Earl Simmons (born December 18, 1970),
known by his stage name DMX (Dark Man X),
is an American rapper and songwriter.]

Life In The City.

Vanessa 04-04-2021 12:51 PM

Such a shame. He's a genuinely talented artist.
My heart goes out to him.:sad:

arista 04-04-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11028623)
Such a shame. He's a genuinely talented artist.
My heart goes out to him.:sad:

Taking Dodgy Drugs
he chose his route.
To be blunt.

Shaun 04-04-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11028544)
Yes he chose a Wrong turn.
On his way out of life, sadly.

[Earl Simmons (born December 18, 1970),
known by his stage name DMX (Dark Man X),
is an American rapper and songwriter.]

Life In The City.

According to an interview with him, he was actually coaxed into crack cocaine addiction at the age of 14 because his so-called "mentor" would lace joints with the stuff without his knowledge.

I know addiction is a sensitive issue and some would say he's responsible for his later actions but if he was literally hooked on the stuff as a minor, I have huge sympathy for him and think he had part of his life stripped away from him in such a cruel and covert way.

Tony Montana 04-04-2021 02:49 PM

Terrible news. He's got so many amazing songs.

He'll be a huge loss.

arista 06-04-2021 01:59 PM

[Rapper DMX continues to be on
life support and is in a ‘vegetative state,’ former manager says]

https://twitter.com/i/events/1378363456072548353

UserSince2005 06-04-2021 02:11 PM

There saying it was a suicide attempt

Gstar 07-04-2021 11:22 PM

Heartbreaking

Shaun 09-04-2021 04:25 PM

He's sadly now passed away :(

Quote:

US rapper and actor DMX has died at the age of 50, five days after suffering a heart attack.

The performer, whose real name was Earl Simmons, had been placed on life support and died with his family by his side.

In a statement, his family said he had been "a warrior who fought till the very end".

"Earl's music inspired countless fans across the world and his iconic legacy will live on forever."

hijaxers 09-04-2021 04:35 PM

Very sad R.I.P

Josy 09-04-2021 04:56 PM

This is so sad, been following this online for a few days for any updates on his condition

R.I.P

Gstar 09-04-2021 04:57 PM

RIP DMX. Thanks for the legendary music during my childhood

Dogeatdog 09-04-2021 05:14 PM

He had so many iconic tracks. RIP DMX :(

AnnieK 09-04-2021 05:17 PM

Ahhh....sad news. A great artist whose demons caught up with him. RIP.....

LaLaLand 09-04-2021 05:19 PM

An awful way to go. RIP.

arista 09-04-2021 05:20 PM

Thats Sad

Tony Montana 09-04-2021 10:36 PM

Terrible news. R.I.P. legend.

Ammi 10-04-2021 06:51 AM

...this is so, so sad and I’m not really familiar with him as an artist...his life seems to have been filled with much sadness and it’s so tragic that he could never escape that...

During the Vegas show, he took a moment to tell fans, "When you fall down, get back up, everyone here has been through some s**t and you never know what God is willing to do for you until you need him to do something for you."...may he rest in peace and with his God...:love:..