ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Pakistan PM Imran Khan blames how women dress for rise in rape cases (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374738)

LeatherTrumpet 07-04-2021 02:57 PM

Pakistan PM Imran Khan blames how women dress for rise in rape cases

says 'not everyone has the willpower to avoid it'

• Imran Khan blamed 'vulgarity' in society for sexual violence, saying modesty must be preserved because some men 'do not have the willpower to avoid it'
  • Khan made the comments during a question and answer with the public when he was asked for a solution to rising rape cases in Pakistan
  • He responded that society must play a role by preserving modesty and avoiding media or culture that promotes 'vulgarity or obscenity'
  • Khan picked out 'sex, drugs and rock n roll culture' of the UK in the 70s and India's Bollywood as examples of moral decline

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/04...7799192166.jpg
Ceremony: Imran Khan, centre, poses for a photograph with his new wife
Bushra Wattoo, second from right, along with relatives during a wedding
ceremony in Lahore

The former cricketing playboy made the remark during a question and
answer session with the public on Sunday, when a caller asked what the
government is doing about rising in sexual violence particularly against
children.

Khan hit out at what he called 'vulgarity' in societies around the world -
singling out India's Bollywood and the 'sex, drugs and rock and roll' culture
of England in the 70s as examples - saying that is to blame for moral decline
which leads to sex attacks.

He then praised the Islamic concept of purdah - or modesty - as an antidote
to that decline, saying it is important to 'keep temptation in check'.

'World history tells when you increase fahashi (vulgarity) in society, two
things happen: sex crimes increase and the family system breaks down,' he
said.

'This entire concept of purdah (covering up or segregating) is to avoid
temptation, not everyone has the willpower to avoid it.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ape-cases.html

thoughts?

arista 07-04-2021 03:00 PM

'vulgarity or obscenity'

Yes he is trying to get a Strict Muslim Nation.

Shocking Evil Gang Rapes
on the increase

parmnion 07-04-2021 03:19 PM

So what he is saying is it's ok for Asian men to find children sexually attractive if they show a bit of skin.

Vicky. 07-04-2021 03:30 PM

Well the UK seemingly agrees, given the likes of what underwear a victim had on, or if they were dressed in a short skirt, or it they had a drink...are accepted as valid reasons to use in court to 'prove' the victim is lying..hell, even their fave positions in previous sexual relationships is relevant too apparently.

Niamh. 07-04-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 11029882)
Well the UK seemingly agrees, given the likes of what underwear a victim had on, or if they were dressed in a short skirt, or it they had a drink...as valid reasons to use in court to 'prove' the victim is lying..hell, even their fave positions in previous sexual relationships is relevant too apparently.

Yep, very true

parmnion 07-04-2021 03:35 PM

That's some ****ed up ideology.

It's like hes saying a man can be with a child if that child has tempted him..very sick.

Cherie 07-04-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Well the UK seemingly agrees, given the likes of what underwear a victim had on, or if they were dressed in a short skirt, or it they had a drink...are accepted as valid reasons to use in court to 'prove' the victim is lying..hell, even their fave positions in previous sexual relationships is relevant too apparently.

I guess the difference is we are not being asked to cover up, not yet at any rate

UserSince2005 07-04-2021 04:07 PM

So stupid.
I think most men are turned off by sluttily dressed women

Toy Soldier 07-04-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Indeed, the attitudes are the same, they just don't say it out loud.

Glenn. 07-04-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11029889)
That's some ****ed up ideology.

It's like hes saying a man can be with a child if that child has tempted him..very sick.

Sure is.

It reminds me of your view that if a gay man is able to have sex with a woman he must be able to have sex with a child.

Oliver_W 07-04-2021 04:27 PM

Just no.

Islamic culture doesn't expect women to cover up for "modesty", but to strip them of individuality, as they are chattel or property of their man. Trying to frame women as responsible for rape because they aren't dressed like ghastly specters is disgusting.

parmnion 07-04-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 11029915)
Sure is.

It reminds me of your view that if a gay man is able to have sex with a woman he must be able to have sex with a child.

Did I say must?

I doubt I did.:nono:

It was also in a discussion about phillip Schofield being able to get and maintain an erection with his wife, whilst being a gay man all his married life.

The Slim Reaper 07-04-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11029930)
Just no.

Islamic culture doesn't expect women to cover up for "modesty", but to strip them of individuality, as they are chattel or property of their man. Trying to frame women as responsible for rape because they aren't dressed like ghastly specters is disgusting.

I mean, it's the same ideology that means Nuns have to cover up, but no one calls nuns chattel. It's only ever to prove a point about our brown skinned brethren.

I used to think the same way to be fair, except my criticisms were about the dangers of religion, but I was still bigoted even though it was unintentional.

Oliver_W 07-04-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11029941)
I mean, it's the same ideology that means Nuns have to cover up, but no one calls nuns chattel. It's only ever to prove a point about our brown skinned brethren.

I used to think the same way to be fair, except my criticisms were about the dangers of religion, but I was still bigoted even though it was unintentional.

Maybe it's because Nuns choose that path of their life, while women born in islamic countries didn't ask to be oppressed.

The Slim Reaper 07-04-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11029944)
Maybe it's because Nuns choose that path of their life, while women born in islamic countries didn't ask to be oppressed.

I wish I could speak for all women born in a specific region, with as much confidence as you.

No doubt some see it as oppressive and some see it as a beautiful thing to do, so blanket bigotry probably isn't really useful.

Oliver_W 07-04-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11029951)
I wish I could speak for all women born in a specific region, with as much confidence as you.

No doubt some see it as oppressive and some see it as a beautiful thing to do, so blanket bigotry probably isn't really useful.

How is it bigoted to talk about how regimes oppress women?

If anything, minimising their problems by comparing them to Nuns is worse - a Nun can leave at any time, and their way of life is a choice. Neither is true for women who are essentially born into chains.

Glenn. 07-04-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11029937)
Did I say must?

I doubt I did.:nono:

It was also in a discussion about phillip Schofield being able to get and maintain an erection with his wife, whilst being a gay man all his married life.

That said erection can have sex with children I believe you said

The Slim Reaper 07-04-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11029984)
How is it bigoted to talk about how regimes oppress women?

If anything, minimising their problems by comparing them to Nuns is worse - a Nun can leave at any time, and their way of life is a choice. Neither is true for women who are essentially born into chains.

If we really wanted to make the lives of Muslim women better, we should probably stop murdering their children, and supplying weapons so that other countries can join us in the slaughter.

Kate! 07-04-2021 05:24 PM

Mr Khan is living in the dark ages.

Oliver_W 07-04-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11029990)
If we really wanted to make the lives of Muslim women better, we should probably stop murdering their children, and supplying weapons so that other countries can join us in the slaughter.

If you are murdering anyone, please stop :) I've managed to resist so far - some how!

Vanessa 07-04-2021 05:27 PM

I'm so glad I don't live over there.
While I don't dress over the top, I don't plan on covering up for no one.

LeatherTrumpet 07-04-2021 05:28 PM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/04...7799192166.jpg

great wedding pic

:umm2:

Cherie 07-04-2021 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11029997)

He should have covered his face, what if we can’t resist him :laugh:

bitontheslide 07-04-2021 07:24 PM

She clearly wasn't getting any action on her wedding night then

parmnion 07-04-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 11029987)
That said erection can have sex with children I believe you said

It's possible.:shrug:

What's your point?