ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   Drag Race Down Under (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374755)

Smithy 07-04-2021 09:25 PM

Drag Race Down Under

The turn around on this is insane :skull:

UserSince2005 07-04-2021 09:37 PM

More interested in espania

Smithy 14-04-2021 08:52 PM

First trailer

It looks SO basic :skull:

Gstar 14-04-2021 09:31 PM

I’ll perch the launch, it looks cute

Captain.Remy 15-04-2021 06:50 AM

It looks fun and chaotic, I will give it a go.

Also, the bald and bearded guy from the Aussie Pit Crew can get it :laugh:

Smithy 21-04-2021 09:13 AM

BBC confirmed this will air on iplayer

Tom4784 21-04-2021 01:15 PM

I dunno if I have the energy to jump into another season right away.... But I probably will do so anyway.

Captain.Remy 21-04-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11036473)
I dunno if I have the energy to jump into another season right away.... But I probably will do so anyway.

I thought the same at first, but tbh after season 13 being so lukewarm, I'm going to need a good laugh and new queens from a new place.

Captain.Remy 01-05-2021 12:43 PM

It was a fun episode, very campy queens as expected, and classic drag fun shade.

"She's going to be serving C-section today on the runway"
"She's like a gay Ali G"
"I wanna make sure my lipsync is as tight as a fish's asshole"
"She took my land, it's only fair I take her costume" :skull:
and many others ones :joker:

Coco, Karen, Art Simone and Anita :love:

And just like in the UK version, Michelle and Ru seem to be having way more fun and are more excited than the US version. Maybe less pressure, less polished queens? I like this classic old fun.

Captain.Remy 01-05-2021 12:48 PM

And also I am lowkey hoping Elektra sends both her bosses home :laugh:

Joe. 01-05-2021 11:13 PM

Great first episode, loving the confessionals and the SHADE! Art and Karen are the best!

Joe. 01-05-2021 11:21 PM

Ru wasn’t annoying as a host also, strange that- on 13 US he GRATED on me.

Also was it AS4 or AS5 where he had that absolutely cringe exchange with Jeffrey (worst judge ever on drag race can) that was just so awkward and forced comedy?

UserSince2005 02-05-2021 08:54 AM

Feels like a basic knock of American season.

Australians don’t have the personality and wit to do reality tv well :(

Samm 02-05-2021 12:18 PM

the trailer did this dirty. I thought the first episode was cute

Daniel-X 03-05-2021 11:28 AM

I thought it was a great premiere episode, I was pleasantly surprised cos it didn’t look much in the trailer. The cast seem like a very talented group of queens and nobody really bombed the challenge this week, I thought everyone did a decent(ish) job. Art was robbed though, as much as I like Karen.

Art, Karen and Elektra are my initial favourites :love:

Tom4784 04-05-2021 01:49 AM

It was rough around the edges but I was entertained enough.

UserSince2005 04-05-2021 03:03 PM

Also I find it offensive that Drag Race is seemingly classifying The Bee Gees as a "Down Under" band.

Smithy 04-05-2021 04:25 PM

The sets feel so small :skull: like both the werk room and main stage look TINY compared to the US/UK one

I thought it was ok, I don’t really enjoy the UK/Aus (Apparently) format of hometown looks as a challenge, I find it really boring

Ammi 04-05-2021 07:47 PM

….awwww, I thought that we might not lose one straight away in the first episode…</3…

… really loved that…the wurkroom felt so cosy and intimate and it just all had a lovely feel…

…the runway, runway…run, run, runways were all pretty lovely…:love:…Scarlet is so stylish…:love:…

…I’m loving all the ladies …Elektra, CoCo, Karen, Art and Scarlet are standouts atm…:love:…CoCo seems totally adorable…:flutter:…

…JoJo Zaho…:love:..

Shaun 06-05-2021 04:09 AM

watched this last night.

Cons
- Taika Waititi being involved at all. What's the point of getting big-name celebs if all they're doing is filming some stock reaction shots and just being copy-pasted over something they're clearly not watching? And then just told to say the name of the underdog who wins the first mini-challenge (as always).
- Jojo Zaho was pretty relentlessly mean the entire segment of entrances so I was delighted to see her go home. Struck me as a massive asshole.
- Born Naked is a really, really boring runway theme. Most of the looks were pretty gross and just reminiscent of terrible Nutty Professor / Big Momma's House movies.
- Sound quality is pretty bad, especially in the confessionals

Pros
- Really like the majority of the cast
- Really like the regular judge, Rhys something... seems funny and invested in the show.

Gstar 07-05-2021 01:08 AM

A cute premiere. I’m guessing this is gonna see us into all stars 6?

Way too early for me to remember names but they seem a talented bunch of girls who are down to earth

I liked the message behind Coco’s second look (the history of Aboriginal people is verrryy interesting and if you haven’t heard much about it I’m sure there’s a number of insightful youtube videos) Going back to coco I think the execution of the message looked a bit messy but I still loved the look

A great first lip sync

Gagged at snatch game being next episode! But I hope they choose people who we know

Captain.Remy 08-05-2021 07:13 AM

Holy ****, I did not expect ANY of what happened in this episode :shocked:

I thought the Snatch Game was going to be brilliant based on how funny and campy they all were on episode 1. And then the Snatch Game happened. :skull:
They all really thought it was one of best Snatch Game ever :joker: They drank some Kandy Mousse Delusion drink!

Anita was the best of a bad bunch, she was very funny. And I LOVE her character, her personality. She makes you feel good. Her story was touching (even though we've heard it a thousand times on RPDR but she told it in such a touching way)

Too bad Karen bombed Dolly. I mean, what an idiotic choice in the first place. You better nail it and if you don't impersonate her on a daily basis, don't bother at all.

Runway looks were alright. Scarlet's and Karen's were so strong!
And to be honest, this cast is so likeable and fresh that it makes me appreciate the "basic" stuff. You can tell they don't have the same budget as the US girls but still do their best with what they have and sell it better on the stage anyway. I'm here for it.

The bottom two was the right one even though I was gutted because I really didn't want to see any of them go. Art Simone had much more to offer but I feel like Coco did slightly better in the lipsync. Coco makes me laugh more and Art seemed a little bit above herself in some of her comments.
Still shocking that someone this liked and popular in the local drag scene goes out early.

I'm enjoying the roughness and the amateurish side of the production, it's giving S1 in 2009 and somehow it makes Ru and Michelle nicer and funnier. I'm liking Rhys more and more, so clever and cheerful!

Saph 08-05-2021 11:01 PM

i loved the ep, so messy and dramatic

it was the right bottom 2 and tbf Art deserved to go. her comments after were kinda embarrassing for her :eyes: "ill never live this down" oop

Saph 08-05-2021 11:02 PM

also i died when Coco walked past Art and said "soz bitch" :skull:

Samm 09-05-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 11043960)
also i died when Coco walked past Art and said "soz bitch" :skull:

same dkdmf i love miss coco