ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Dwayne Johnson to replace Arnold Schwarzenegger is 2 classic film roles ? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374765)

Denver 08-04-2021 04:10 PM

Dwayne Johnson to replace Arnold Schwarzenegger is 2 classic film roles ?

Rumours are going around that Dwayne Johnson will replace Arnold in both The Terminator and Predator.

It is also being rumoured that The Terminator will be rebranded as a Horror franchise instead of Sci Fi

Niamh. 08-04-2021 04:23 PM

hhhhmmmm not too sure about that

Calderyon 08-04-2021 04:28 PM

Let the classics be classics, don't reboot them and actually come up with something original instead.

Oliver_W 08-04-2021 04:34 PM

If there was a "New Arnie" then it's probably The Rock, even if he is knocking on a bit ...

But that doesn't mean they should keep excreting crappy modern versions of classic films. Dark Fate was a bit naff, as were all the others since II, just leave it be.

A murderous (and/or heroic) cyborg who has travelled in time is generic enough so Hollywood could come up with a story which doesn't need to be in the Termiverse...

Calderyon 08-04-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11030451)
If there was a "New Arnie" then it's probably The Rock, even if he is knocking on a bit ...

But that doesn't mean they should keep excreting crappy modern versions of classic films. Dark Fate was a bit naff, as were all the others since II, just leave it be.

A murderous (and/or heroic) cyborg who has travelled in time is generic enough so Hollywood could come up with a story which doesn't need to be in the Termiverse...

The Rock is the most believable as "New Arnie", I agree.

Nicky91 08-04-2021 04:51 PM

if a reboot try still to go for some originality, i mean The Rock would still do well as Arnie replacement yes i agree, he also got same sense of humour, charisma too more or less

for terminator idk, we do need some original storyline, not a complete copy

Amy Jade 08-04-2021 04:58 PM

The Terminator sequels and reboots have all been atrocious they should really just leave it alone.

Predator I think could be good, the reimagining they did with Alice Braga was really fun and well executed and they don't have to stay within the formula like the original sequel showed and honestly Dwayne is a good actor and likeable enough to carry a leading role in a sequel or loose remake I guess.

Calderyon 08-04-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 11030460)
The Terminator sequels and reboots have all been atrocious they should really just leave it alone.

Predator I think could be good, the reimagining they did with Alice Braga was really fun and well executed and they don't have to stay within the formula like the original sequel showed and honestly Dwayne is a good actor and likeable enough to carry a leading role in a sequel or loose remake I guess.

Terminator 2 was pretty good though.

Niamh. 08-04-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calderyon (Post 11030471)
Terminator 2 was pretty good though.

Terminatior 2 was better than 1 I thought, I presume Amy meant everything after that though

parmnion 08-04-2021 08:19 PM

Dwayne the destroyer.

Toy Soldier 08-04-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11030477)
Terminatior 2 was better than 1 I thought, I presume Amy meant everything after that though

I think T2 and T1 are both great films, the main difference these days is that 2 had a much higher budget and the advantage of emerging CGI tech, so it’s aged (a lot) better than T1.

All the sequels since have made the same mistake - trying to be too complex. The core story is a relatively simple one and it doesn’t need messed with.

Amy Jade 08-04-2021 10:04 PM

Sorry wasn't clear Terminator and T2 were good I meant the later sequels like the one with the female terminator and everything after. Pure shıte.