ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   'World's biggest rabbit' stolen from owner's garden (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374875)

bitontheslide 12-04-2021 06:52 PM

'World's biggest rabbit' stolen from owner's garden

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cp..._dariusnew.jpg

An award-winning four-foot long rabbit is thought to have been stolen from its enclosure.

Darius, a continental giant rabbit, went missing from his home in Stoulton, Worcestershire, on Saturday night.

His owner Annette Edwards has offered a £1,000 reward for his return and said it was a "very sad day".

At 129cm (4ft 2in) long, Darius is a record holder after being named the world's longest rabbit in 2010.

West Mercia Police said it is believed Darius was stolen from his enclosure, which is in his owners' garden, overnight on Saturday.

Ms Edwards said Darius is "too old to breed now" and pleaded for his safe return.

He was named as the longest living rabbit by Guinness World Records in April 2010, when he was measured for an article in the Daily Mail.

Ms Edwards said he claimed the title from his mother Alice, and he was her fourth award-winning rabbit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-56720118

thesheriff443 12-04-2021 07:11 PM

I hope who ever took him dies absolute scum of the earth.

Kate! 12-04-2021 07:11 PM

I'd be hopping mad.

Kazanne 12-04-2021 07:38 PM

Bloody cretins can't keep their hands off anything, I hope he's found soon and some arsehole doesn't hurt him,fookers

parmnion 12-04-2021 09:40 PM

A good foot of that 4ft are ears though.

I dunno about this story, it could be someone trying to feed a hungry family, or a jealous owner of a lesser lugged contestant has stolen it for breeding.

I hope its the latter and hes pumping away for britain, rather than him ending up as an extra in some rehash of basic instinct.

Toy Soldier 13-04-2021 07:55 AM

Hold on, it was the world largest already in 2010?? That’s 11 years ago! I thought rabbits only lived about 7 years! What is happening here :suspect:.

bitontheslide 13-04-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11033082)
Hold on, it was the world largest already in 2010?? That’s 11 years ago! I thought rabbits only lived about 7 years! What is happening here :suspect:.

it's the god of rabbits clearly.

The concept of a 4 foot rabbit just fascinates me, thats bigger than your average dog :laugh:

Cherie 13-04-2021 08:30 AM

oh I hope he is returned :worry:

UserSince2005 13-04-2021 08:38 AM

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to lead down a rabbit hole?

Toy Soldier 13-04-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11033084)
it's the god of rabbits clearly.

The concept of a 4 foot rabbit just fascinates me, thats bigger than your average dog :laugh:

My neighbors when I was a kid had a massive rabbit (not THAT massive, but bigger than say a terrier-sized dog) that just lived "free" in their house like a dog or cat, that always fascinated me... it just hopped about and had it's little enclosed bed area and food bowls and stuff, no cage/hutch.

They were these "no kids at 40 treating pet like baby" type weirdos though :laugh:.

Actually that's a bit harsh, my mum kept in touch with them after they moved away and they later adopted 2 older kids (brothers aged 5 and 7) so I guess looking back on it, they probably COULDN'T have kids, rather than just not wanting them.

rusticgal 13-04-2021 11:13 AM

Someone stole my Rabbit when I was little too :bawling:

Cherie 13-04-2021 11:15 AM

Horrendous, stealing a pet should attract a life sentence :fist:

It's like a member of the family being abducted

rusticgal 13-04-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11033159)
My neighbors when I was a kid had a massive rabbit (not THAT massive, but bigger than say a terrier-sized dog) that just lived "free" in their house like a dog or cat, that always fascinated me... it just hopped about and had it's little enclosed bed area and food bowls and stuff, no cage/hutch.

They were these "no kids at 40 treating pet like baby" type weirdos though :laugh:.

Actually that's a bit harsh, my mum kept in touch with them after they moved away and they later adopted 2 older kids (brothers aged 5 and 7) so I guess looking back on it, they probably COULDN'T have kids, rather than just not wanting them.

Quite a lot of people now let their Rabbits 'live with them' and roam freely.

rusticgal 13-04-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11033198)
Horrendous, stealing a pet should attract a life sentence :fist:

It's like a member of the family being abducted

To be fair...the amount of Animal theft going on at the moment it should be taken more seriously.
I found my Rabbit back in the cage the next day..we think it was the kids 2 doors down from where we lived. Sadly she died within 24hrs due to the stress no doubt.

Glenn. 13-04-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 11032927)
I hope who ever took him dies absolute scum of the earth.

:umm2:

Alf 13-04-2021 04:16 PM

Probably on a plate with some dumplings right about now.