ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What put you off former favourite TV shows? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374898)

reecejackox 14-04-2021 12:01 AM

What put you off former favourite TV shows?

I would say
Waterloo road moving to Scotland

Hollyoaks too many new characters in a short period of time.

Toy Soldier 14-04-2021 06:38 AM

I can still watch them but Joss Whedon turning out to be a complete piece of **** really puts a downer on Buffy/Angel.

UserSince2005 14-04-2021 07:07 AM

Big Brother - BB9, it was the series BB stopped being cool to discuss at school, it was never the same after that.

Shaun 14-04-2021 07:25 AM

The reason is usually writing / "selling out"... lots of great shows that had wonderful first one or two seasons, but then jump the shark, make a lot of money, and lose their direction. Desperate Housewives, Heroes, The Simpsons, American Dad... I think Skins and Misfits suffered from that "Great first series/2 and then nothing else worth watching" formula, too, but that was probably more from intentional generational splits or young actors getting a lot of recognition and wanting to jet off to Hollywood.

Sometimes it's just the formula wearing thin and there's not much else you can wring from the same show (Big Brother, The Bake-Off)

LeatherTrumpet 14-04-2021 08:49 AM

going on too long

Niamh. 14-04-2021 08:52 AM

Deb suddenly deciding she was in love with Dexter was the start of it's decline, I loved that show so much too and don't even start me on that last season

Barry. 14-04-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11033543)
I can still watch them but Joss Whedon turning out to be a complete piece of **** really puts a downer on Buffy/Angel.

This.

Nicky91 14-04-2021 09:39 AM

idk, i am not a harsh critic lol :laugh:

_Seth 14-04-2021 09:54 AM

Shameless UK is one I stopped watching after series 5 or something. There seemed to be a different writer for every episode, characters had no consistency in their personality, depending on the episode people's sexuality's would change as if that's how biology works and I got fed up of the casual homophobic lingo after a while.

Jessica. 14-04-2021 11:42 AM

Season 8

_Seth 14-04-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 11033687)
Season 8

#nocontext

Jessica. 15-04-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 11033708)
#nocontext

Everyone knows the context

Mystic Mock 17-04-2021 03:28 PM

The Big Bang Theory when the two girls came in and started splitting up the main five's core dynamics with each other.

Doctor Who when it stopped actually being fun and adventurous.

Game Of Thrones when
Spoiler:

Jon & Daenerys hooked up
as not only was the dynamic disgusting, but it also caused problems for the show in other ways that only should be seen rather than spoiled for people. It was definitely an exercise into how to turn a show from a BSG, Dexter, DS9, and The Expanse type of quality, into an EastEnders, TWD, Pandora, or Locke & Key kinda trainwreck.

Mystic Mock 17-04-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11033543)

I've watched Angel recently, it was actually quite good once it really got going.

I'm not saying this to sound clever or anything, but I've never liked Joss Whedon when his spoke in interviews, I never could put my finger on it but I've always liked Sarah Michelle Gellar in interviews more than him even though the Media used to take his side.

Ironically the stuff that's come to light about Whedon has definitely helped me at least justify why I don't like him now.:laugh:

Marsh. 17-04-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11033576)
Deb suddenly deciding she was in love with Dexter was the start of it's decline, I loved that show so much too and don't even start me on that last season

Is it still coming back for a new season?