ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   Season 13, Episode 16 - "Grand Finale" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375086)

Captain.Remy 23-04-2021 11:23 AM

Season 13, Episode 16 - "Grand Finale"

https://media.giphy.com/media/dBIxP2...xeLx/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOwG8...2Upi/giphy.gif

Tom4784 23-04-2021 01:23 PM

I'll watch the lipsyncs and the final result and fastforward through all the bull**** that comes before it.

Captain.Remy 24-04-2021 08:23 AM

First of all, well done to the production team for still putting out a finale like that with some fans cheering too. It had a nice atmosphere to it.

In terms of content and overall feel, it was alright and lukewarm. The thousand reveals you can see coming from the moon again :skull: It didn't add anything to those lipsyncs, specifically to those Britney songs.

I know Kandy did better in the lipsync but Rosé did good despite being injured and had a better track record, so I though she would get to the top 2. But I guess that Ru never liked her no matter how well she did. I'm not saying she was "robbed" but I really would have liked to see her in the top 2 because she did so well and is so profesionnal.

Jaida looked incredible and Lala Ri is so worthy of being Miss Congeniality :love:

Symone winning is fair but I'm not crazy about it. Like I said before, she didn't shine bright in some challenges that would push her out of her comfort zone (the ball, the rusical, the roast) and to me it got one note pretty quick. Also, the fact that there is a whole team that makes almost everything for her is an issue for me.
But really I like her and scoring 4 wins is pretty impressive and that should be celebrated. She has tons of charisma, a unique personality and wish her a lot of success!

Daniel-X 24-04-2021 10:20 AM

A decent finale, not one of the best but there have been worse. The runways in tonight’s episode were particularly gorgeous though, every queen turned it in all three looks. Some of the most stunning looks to have graced the stage.

The lip syncs were pretty meh I thought. Kandy/Rosé could’ve gone either way I thought but Rosé deserved it more just plainly based on her amazing run this season, but she’s just not Ru’s cup of tea I don’t think. Symone undeniably beat Gottmik in the second lip sync (Gottmik has been lucky to not have lip synced all season, that was pretty bad.) and the final one just left me a bit lukewarm too.

I love Symone and I’m glad she’s won, she’s very charismatic and has performed well in lots of challenges. I do agree it got one note sometimes but she was definitely one of the best this season still.

Shaun 24-04-2021 06:34 PM

Well... it's over :love:

The Ball at the start of the finale was jaw-dropping... Gottmik and Symone kinda showed the other two up though. That "finale eleganza" from Gottmik is up there with Violet's S8 look... absolutely stunning. All looks were good but I think something was up with Rose... she just didn't look comfortable all night and didn't present anything well.

The Chi Chi tribute was wonderful... Thorgy's voice cracking got me :(

I never really considered who would win Miss Congeniality but in hindsight there really wasn't another more deserving candidate... I guess I'd have predicted Olivia but her "Nice girl" edit was just...boring. Lala seems like a good egg.

As for the lipsyncs... the best one was Symone vs. Gottmik but even that wasn't great. The Kandy/Rose one was incredibly boring... both sets of reveals were just...taking clothes off, and it takes a really damn lacklustre performance to make me think "...can't we bring back Mercedes Iman Diamond to re-do Work Bitch?" The final one was over as soon as Symone took off the coat... Kandy was just awkward and jumping on the spot. Really makes you appreciate Eureka considering she's a big girl who can perform.

Overall... I'm glad the season is over. I am undecided if it was worse than 11 on the whole... but it certainly wasn't better than any others. I feel especially bad for the S12 queens that they had to perform behind closed doors when they had so much more charisma, talent etc. etc. than these girls.

I could've done without the drive-in fans... their reactions were obviously just cut and pasted wherever the editors saw fit... there wasn't any "live" reaction at all :shrug:

Amy Jade 24-04-2021 09:11 PM

My favourite part was Paris Hilton's cameo :love:

I think Gottmik did the best runway looks, every single one looked just stunning but that eleganza was show stopping. I still don't think Kandy deserves to be know as a 2nd placer, I don't really like slagging anyone off because all the queens are amazing for putting themselves out there but she's just never entertained me and she's had about 2 runways looks I've liked the rest were horrendous.

Amy Jade 24-04-2021 09:39 PM

Oh and I thought Rosé did much better than Kandy in the lip sync to Work Bitch, that was the only result I would question but I think Ru has favoured Kandy all season so it was expected.

I think if Symone had underperformed Ru would have crowned Kandy actually but that last lip synch left no question who had won.

Tom4784 25-04-2021 03:19 AM

I loved the Ball at the start, I thought Gott, Symone and Rose's looks were all great while Kandy's were kinda basic. Symone's black and white look and her final Medusa look were stunning.

The lipsyncs were weak though, i'm so tired of these forced underwhelming reveals. Kandy's performance against Rose was pretty damn poor, in fact in both lipsyncs, Kandy just forgot to serve face, she looked shellshocked. Rose won that lipsync, tbh. Her performance wasn't great here. but at least she wasn't looking like she didn't know if she left the oven on at home.

Gott and Symone had a better showing, Symone gave a lot of energy in both lipsyncs and she pretty much walked away easily with the win. I'm happy though, Symone tappered off a bit towards the end of the season but she brought it back on the finale. I can't get over those looks.

Daniel-X 25-04-2021 07:43 AM

All three of Gott and Symone’s looks killed it and I loved all of Rosé’s besides the second tree look. Kandy’s were very good but didn’t quite match up to the other three.

Ammi 25-04-2021 08:01 AM

...I will catch up and watch this, even if it’s only the final that I get time to watch...but I couldn’t resist a peep to see the winner...Symone...:lovedup:...I do get the one note thing but she’s a pretty charming and lovely note ...:flutter:..and sometimes one gorgeous note can out-Queen a few multi notes that just aren’t quite there to reach that one note...

...a gorgeous winner and well done all gorgeous finalists...:love:...

Ammi 25-04-2021 06:13 PM

...the black and white runway, oh my Lord...Rose serving Audrey/My Fair Lady ...:lovedup:...Symone, though...sensationally outstanding...:flutter:...a top level of fabulous...:love:..

...all of the runways were stunning ...:love:...Symone’s white and gold gown.. /...beautiful...

Ammi 25-04-2021 06:36 PM

...You Gotta Have Friends lipsync...:flutter:...

Ammi 25-04-2021 07:00 PM

...some gorgeous highlights for the final... Chi Chi DeVayne’s tribute, so much heart and so loving ...:lovedup:..LaLa Ri/Miss Congeniality...:love:....and Britney, bitch lipsyncs....:love:...

Gstar 26-04-2021 05:36 AM

And it’s all over! :(

Enjoyable final, exceeded my expectations and they really made the most out of the circumstances. Chi chi tribute was beautiful, Utica’s finale look was (as expected) amazing.

Very pleased with the miss congeniality result :cheer2: , Lala Ri left too soon and I feel she would have done really well in the rusical, snatch game, roast and the drinks commercials. If Lala does all stars I’m hoping she has a Shangela type elevation. Nevertheless, her bag look will always be iconic

The final ball was a gag from start to finish, Symone was giving us 10s across the board with every look, Gottmik also had some great runways. Loved Rosé’s first and last look and Kandy looked gorgeous in the peacock dress

Lip syncs - Kandy ate the first lipsync against Rosé, a well deserved win. (Shame about Rose’s injury though)

Symone really didn’t come to play in this finale and another well deserved win against Gottmik in the lip sync. I thought Gottmik and Symone would be the final 2 so was shook when they were against each other in the first round

Symone winning the final lip sync and rightfully taking the crown :love: :love: :love: Congratulations! Absolutely loved her from day one. Congrats to Kandy for making the final 2, an official lip sync assassin

This has been one of my favourite seasons of all time, so many runways will go down in history, I’m normally good at guessing who wins miss congeniality but I had no idea this year (nor did anyone else) because there were so many contenders. I’m sure Phenomenon is in everyone’s top 10 drag race songs ever, and the fact it was the losers circle song :lovedup:

Definitely one of the better snatch games, 5 people who all played their characters well (Symone, Gottmik, Rosé, Tina and Denali)

Season 14 needs to have some fierce queens because the season 13 girls have raised the bar

My top 3 of the season

Symone
Utica
Gottmik

Gstar 26-04-2021 05:48 AM

My only negative about this season is drag race royalty Tamisha Iman leaving way too early

Ammi 26-04-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gstar (Post 11038503)
My only negative about this season is drag race royalty Tamisha Iman leaving way too early

...Tamisha Iman...:lovedup:...

Joe. 01-05-2021 11:12 PM

Found this season just so dull. Symone was SO overrated, like she wore other people’s designs well- that was about it. Utica brought some spice. US is just rubbish now, give it a break. 10 was the last watchable season. UK is by far the supreme of the franchise right now!

Shaun 02-05-2021 02:31 AM

12 was fantastic too but never mind x

UserSince2005 02-05-2021 08:55 AM

Suprise suprise