ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What would you tell your 16 year old self? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375316)

LaLaLand 05-05-2021 02:42 AM

What would you tell your 16 year old self?

This one's more for the members of a somewhat advanced age like me... :hehe::joker:

Been reflecting a lot lately on life and what not and thinking back to school (it's 15 years this Summer since I did my GCSEs and finished :skull: ) and how what I thought "life" was going to be like and what has actually panned out are completely different.

So, if you could go back in time and give yourself advice or anything at 16 years old - just as you're leaving school, going out into the world, "becoming an adult" etc...

What would you say? :shrug:

Zizu 05-05-2021 06:20 AM

Sadly being kind , honest and hardworking won’t guarantee you happiness or success ... as I was told as a youngster .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ammi 05-05-2021 06:35 AM

….’success’ can be subjective, I think…we could have everything that others would attach to being ‘success’ and still feel the very opposite to success in our lives…if being kind, honest and hardworking is who you are and you stay true to who you are and true to your own life focus…then you bring your own sense of self and confidence…we all define our own succes …if we’re fortunate and blessed enough to have choices of course…

Zizu 05-05-2021 06:48 AM

What would you tell your 16 year old self?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 11042239)
….’success’ can be subjective, I think…we could have everything that others would attach to being ‘success’ and still feel the very opposite to success in our lives…if being kind, honest and hardworking is who you are and you stay true to who you are and true to your own life focus…then you bring your own sense of self and confidence…we all define our own succes …if we’re fortunate and blessed enough to have choices of course…

‘ choices ‘ is an interesting term

I recall hearing Richard Branson being interviewed a while back . They asked him the best part of being so fabulously wealthy and he said it was waking up each morning and being able to CHOOSE what he did or where he went that day ..

He could just choose to board one of his private jets and fly off to any destination in the world OR just stay in bed ‘till the afternoon...

Ammi 05-05-2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11042240)
‘ choices ‘ is an interesting term

I recall hearing Richard Branson being interviewed a while back . They asked him the best part of being so fabulously wealthy and he said it was waking up each morning and being able to CHOOSE what he did or where he went that day ..

He could just choose to board one of his private jets and fly off to any destination in the world OR just stay in bed ‘till the afternoon...

…the choices in my thoughts are more the choices that we can be given, depending on the life that we’re born into, you know…the freedoms of someone’s world that others wouldn’t necessarily have in their own …obviously there are so many potential levels and layers of choices as well that money wealth might bring for someone like Richard Branson…’success’ in itself is an interesting term, I think…because as I say…someone could ‘achieve’ in so many ways and in multiple and many ways and yet feel no sense of ‘success’ because ‘success’ is what we ourselves define it to be…and great financial wealth could make someone feel very fulfilled or very empty…

bitontheslide 05-05-2021 08:29 AM

every lesson learned along the way is what makes you as an individual, so going back in time achieves nothing .... imho :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 05-05-2021 09:10 AM

some lottery numbers...

UserSince2005 05-05-2021 10:27 AM

invest in bitcoin

Zizu 05-05-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11042305)
invest in bitcoin

... and Apple , Microsoft , Arsebook ...

Alf 05-05-2021 11:03 AM

I'd tell him that I'd built a time machine and together we will rule the World.

bitontheslide 05-05-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11042272)
some lottery numbers...

in order to win though, that would require the creation of a new alternative reality with you as the winner. At that point, it wouldn't be you, but a new instance of you, so you would have gone back an advised someone else, rather than yourself :think:

Captain.Remy 05-05-2021 12:19 PM

Don't sleep with this girl wearing a black choker necklace...she's going to give you crabs.

parmnion 05-05-2021 12:53 PM

Dont interact with elderly gay gentlemen

Kate! 07-05-2021 08:54 PM

Never trust a man whose eyebrows meet in the middle.

GiRTh 07-05-2021 09:30 PM

3 things

1 - Get yourself a nice cushy municipal job. Dont chase the big bucks. Security is key in later life
2 - Start to invest. I'd probably have to hammer this point home cuz my 16 year old self was only interesting in playing sport and chasing girls.

The most important one.

3 - Have a long term relationship with someone who has more money than you have. :hehe: