ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Brighton's pride week cancelled for the 2nd year running. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375318)

parmnion 05-05-2021 08:35 AM

Brighton's pride week cancelled for the 2nd year running.

:bawling:

Smithy 05-05-2021 08:40 AM

They better not cancel Manchester :fist:

Niamh. 05-05-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 11042257)
They better not cancel Manchester :fist:

What's the situation with events over there at the moment? I haven't seen fans allowed back in the stadium yet at matches so presumably crowds of any size aren't allowed yet? When is the Manchester one supposed to be on?

bitontheslide 05-05-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11042260)
What's the situation with events over there at the moment? I haven't seen fans allowed back in the stadium yet at matches so presumably crowds of any size aren't allowed yet? When is the Manchester one supposed to be on?

the recent cup final at wembley had fans, although it was socially distanced. James Blunt is doing a "normal" concert at the Albert Hall and by the euros i think the crowd capacity will be upped again. By July, the road map is to remove all restrictions completely

DouglasS 05-05-2021 08:50 AM

It’s in august? Almost two months after all restrictions are meant to end. Seems a bit premature to do so considering how low the deaths and hospitilisations have gotten. I thought the purpose of controlling the disease was to ensure the hospitals would never be overburdened and that will be achieved by the vaccine... looks like the goal posts have changed again and some organisations will never be happy until it’s eliminated (impossible due to global traction)

Smithy 05-05-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

It’s supposed to be the last weekend of August, I read that this was cancelled bc they couldn’t get insurance for it, which is something you’d have thought they’d have sorted our first :conf2:

There’s no gigs or anything yet, but there was a couple of trial clubs open in Liverpool at the weekend with no masks or social distancing. I know that fans are attending the Etihad on the 23 for a match but I’m not sure how many it’ll be

Niamh. 05-05-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 11042267)
It’s supposed to be the last weekend of August, I read that this was cancelled bc they couldn’t get insurance for it, which is something you’d have thought they’d have sorted our first :conf2:

There’s no gigs or anything yet, but there was a couple of trial clubs open in Liverpool at the weekend with no masks or social distancing. I know that fans are attending the Etihad on the 23 for a match but I’m not sure how many it’ll be

I suppose people didn't know whether they were coming or going the last 14 months, I wonder if insurance companies are slower to insure big events like that now too with all the Covid uncertainty?

Oh I think I heard about those trial clubs, you have to get tested beforehand and also after, sounds like more hassle than it's worth for a night out (I presume you'd have to pay for the tests yourself too)

Alf 05-05-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

The Crucible theatre in Sheffield has just finished hosting the World snooker championships, and they had a full house of spectators.

LeatherTrumpet 05-05-2021 10:44 AM

25% of fans in grounds from May 17th

Niamh. 05-05-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11042310)
The Crucible theatre in Sheffield has just finished hosting the World snooker championships, and they had a full house of spectators.

That's encouraging news, did they have to social distance and stuff or was it the same capacity as it would have been pre-covid times?

Alf 05-05-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11042314)
That's encouraging news, did they have to social distance and stuff or was it the same capacity as it would have been pre-covid times?

Looked like the normal capacity to me, especially the final, that was a full house.

They all were wearing either a mask or viser.

Cherie 05-05-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

was it full? I thought they were all distancing and wearing masks?

bitontheslide 05-05-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11042316)
was it full? I thought they were all distancing and wearing masks?

i think it was a full capacity event, for the final at least

Edit: The final day of the World Snooker Championship marks a special moment on the calendar as a capacity crowd returns at a UK sporting event for the first time in more than a year.

Alf 05-05-2021 11:54 AM

Rugby league, Super League will be having fans back from not this weekend but next.

Alf 05-05-2021 11:56 AM

I expect and hope all the sports fans will either be boycotting or booing the sports clubs that have been pushing non-stop divisive politics for the past year.

GoldHeart 05-05-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11042314)

From what I saw on TV it looked like they all had masks on ,but they were all rammed together sitting.

parmnion 05-05-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

I wonder if there was more coughs than usual

Alf 05-05-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11042405)
I wonder if there was more coughs than usual

One or two. Lots of sweet wrappers and phones going off, that's what the referee's kept telling the spectators off for