ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you a talker or writer? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375462)

Redway 12-05-2021 03:53 AM

Are you a talker or writer?

And by that I mean whether you find more ease in expressing yourself via oral interaction (e.g., calling rather than texting, public speaking rather than formal writing) or the converse (writing/online interaction).

LaLaLand 12-05-2021 03:58 AM

Writer in the most general sense - I absolutely hate speaking over the phone and avoid any opportunity for any sort of "public speaking" whatsoever.

Always texting or emailing unless I really have to call or whatever.

I feel like being so reliant on technology has really given my/my generation's social skills a beating over the years - nobody ever really "calls each other" anymore - it's all messenger or text. Even elderly people I know text now rather than ring each other which is something I thought I'd never see! Feel like as if the art of conversation is becoming a thing of the past somehow.

I never go a day without finding it awkward interacting with people out and about (massive anxiety sufferer for years) but can freely and easily "text" someone or message them via social media with total confidence, sad really. Must improve on that once we're somewhat back to normal re: the pandemic.

AnnieK 12-05-2021 05:37 AM

Totally depends. I tend to text more socially to make arrangements etc but at work, I prefer to talk on the phone. If there is something I need to tell a client that I know is not going to go down well, I'd rather pick up the phone to tell them rather than email. Most of my colleagues would rather send an email then avoid the phone but I find people tend to react better when they are told things physically. They don't get time to send an angry response.

I spend so much time talking to people during work hours that when I come home, the last thing I want to do is spend hours talking on the phone again so I text etc

Ammi 12-05-2021 05:37 AM

…a talker generally…it takes me too long to type out anything other than a very quick text etc…

Ammi 12-05-2021 05:39 AM

…although, I’m a little better with email than texting…

Zizu 12-05-2021 06:04 AM

Are you a talker or writer?

I’m known for my rather concise texts which tend to be either x ... or K .
K being short for OK .

Dyslexic / Aspergers means I’m a talker ... but the added complication is that I’m also remarkably shy / introvert ... sooooo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

joeysteele 12-05-2021 08:29 AM

Oh easier talking.
Once I start writing, I'd guess which is evident on here, I go off in all directions and near write books.

Talking, you can express too by tone what you're meaning of what and why you're saying something.

Across the board, talking over writing for me.

GoldHeart 12-05-2021 08:35 AM

Depends on the situation.

I prefer texting / emailing. But on the other hand I prefer face to face than talking on the phone, I hate misunderstandings on the phone, there's the lack of body language and things get misheard .

Legrand 12-05-2021 02:56 PM

Definitely writer, by far.

Calderyon 12-05-2021 04:58 PM

It depends.

UserSince2005 12-05-2021 05:11 PM

i can do both.

Redway 12-05-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11045106)
Depends on the situation.

I prefer texting / emailing. But on the other hand I prefer face to face than talking on the phone, I hate misunderstandings on the phone, there's the lack of body language and things get misheard .

Ditto.

James 13-05-2021 11:30 AM

Writer, but I could give a speech if I prepared it.

bitontheslide 13-05-2021 11:36 AM

i'm more of a thinker than a talker or writer