ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Leigh-Anne: Race, Pop & Power BBC1 • 13 May 2021 • 9PM (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375477)

Amy Jade 12-05-2021 08:55 PM

Leigh-Anne: Race, Pop & Power BBC1 • 13 May 2021 • 9PM

This powerful one-off documentary follows pop star Leigh-Anne Pinnock as she confronts her experience as the only black member of Little Mix, and as a black woman in the music industry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09fy1qy

Amy Jade 13-05-2021 06:16 PM

On tonight

Strictly Jake 13-05-2021 06:29 PM

Will give this a watch tomorrow. Love little mix

GoldHeart 13-05-2021 08:09 PM

Noticed it listed when scrolling through channels, is this a one off documentary? .

UserSince2005 13-05-2021 08:56 PM

One thinks shes the victim of the group because she’s too black
One thinks shes the victim of the group because she’s too fat and ugly
One thinks shes the victim of the group because she’s too slutty
One thinks shes the victim of the group because she’s too weird

Amy Jade 13-05-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11045793)
Noticed it listed when scrolling through channels, is this a one off documentary? .

Yeah, just finished watching it and really enjoyed it.

Keisha from Sugababes was done dirty by her management.

LeatherTrumpet 13-05-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11045802)

literally

they are pro-victims with dreadful music

Amy Jade 13-05-2021 09:24 PM

of course a black woman speaks out about her experiences and two white men come to belittle her.

Typical tubb

Marsh. 13-05-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11045802)

She's not claimed to be "a victim of the group", she's discussing racism in the industry and society in general.

Marsh. 13-05-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11045809)
literally

they are pro-victims with dreadful music

Yet there you always are to comment.

Something tells me you're not their target audience.

Amy Jade 13-05-2021 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 11045811)
She's not claimed to be "a victim of the group", she's discussing racism in the industry and society in general.

They'd know if they'd decided to watch it instead of coming here to exhibit the racism spoken about in the documentary by dismissing that there is a blatent problem in the industry.

DouglasS 13-05-2021 10:27 PM

Seems all the little mix group are jumping on the documentary bandwagon.

Black women and POC have always excelled in the music industry I thought, black women in particular are some of the biggest selling divas of the 80s and 90s (Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson for just two examples but there are so many)

She earns millions, living her dream, dating a footballer and yet she’s life’s victim

Barry. 13-05-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 11045810)
of course a black woman speaks out about her experiences and two white men come to belittle her.

Typical tubb

I’m sure usersince has stated he is black before, or was that a lie?

Marsh. 14-05-2021 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 11045819)
Black women and POC have always excelled in the music industry I thought

Well then, never mind the actual experiences of WOC in the industry because "Douglas thought". :joker:

Quote:

She earns millions, living her dream, dating a footballer

Money, dreams and a footballer... the three things you need to avoid racism.

UserSince2005 14-05-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 11045811)

at the end of the day we are all misfits in some kind of way if you look hard enough in an attempt to play the victim.

I think its pathetic to dwell on it and try to seek sympathy from people who live standard lives, a lot who are on minimum wage, when your a successful multi millionaire.

UserSince2005 14-05-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Seems all the little mix group are jumping on the documentary bandwagon.

Black women and POC have always excelled in the music industry I thought, black women in particular are some of the biggest selling divas of the 80s and 90s (Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson for just two examples but there are so many)

She earns millions, living her dream, dating a footballer and yet she’s life’s victim

exactly, honestly girl should thank her lucky stars shes in the position she is.

Marsh. 14-05-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11045892)
at the end of the day we are all misfits in some kind of way if you look hard enough in an attempt to play the victim.

I think its pathetic to dwell on it and try to seek sympathy from people who live standard lives, a lot who are on minimum wage, when your a successful multi millionaire.

I think it's pathetic you're continuing to comment on something you haven't watched, as evidenced by the fact you haven't a clue what it was about. Makes you look very foolish.

Tom4784 14-05-2021 01:24 PM

If you're more offended about people talking about racism then you are about racism itself, you're part of the problem.

DouglasS 14-05-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11045980)
If you're more offended about people talking about racism then you are about racism itself, you're part of the problem.

No one is offended :laugh:

Just think she’s copied Jesy to make a documentary as it worked out with Jesy. Feel like if the documentary was about bullying she’d have done that instead. Just grabbing cash where she can

Tom4784 14-05-2021 01:37 PM

There is certainly offense. Screaming about how they are professional victims and their music is 'terrible' just because a black woman spoke about racism reeks of people being offended by the discussion of racism. A bunch of white men downplaying her experiences and victim blaming because they don't want to hear is them being offended by the discussion of racism.

DouglasS 14-05-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11045985)
There is certainly offense. Screaming about how they are professional victims and their music is 'terrible' just because a black woman spoke about racism reeks of people being offended by the discussion of racism. A bunch of white men downplaying her experiences and victim blaming because they don't want to hear is them being offended by the discussion of racism.

Who is screaming, yourself, Amy and marsh seem the most bothered in this thread?

Tom4784 14-05-2021 02:10 PM

It may look that way to someone with limited reading comprehension, yes.

rusticgal 14-05-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 11045994)
Who is screaming, yourself, Amy and marsh seem the most bothered in this thread?

Its just another Bandwagon to jump on. If you have any kind of objection to it you must be Racist...

DouglasS 14-05-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 11045998)
Its just another Bandwagon to jump on. If you have any kind of objection to it you must be Racist...

Yes it does seem that way rusti, everyone in the world is guilty and an “ist” except these few people on TIBB it seems :laugh:

Oliver_W 14-05-2021 02:20 PM

Why is some popstar making a little TV show causing such ire :joker:

I don't care about Little Mix so I only saw the beginning after Dragons' Den, but if she wants to use her fifteen minutes to talk about whatever she wants, why shouldn't she? If she were to egregiously misrepresent things or blatently lie then she'd be called out for it, otherwise who cares? She can go on about what she wants, as far as I'm concerned, unless she calls for violence, which I somehow doubt she did :laugh: