ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   120 retired generals and admirals sign open letter questioning Biden's mental health (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375487)

LeatherTrumpet 13-05-2021 09:22 AM

120 retired generals and admirals sign open letter questioning Biden's mental health

'His mental and physical condition cannot be ignored': More than 120 retired
generals and admirals sign open letter questioning Biden's mental health and
backing election fraud claims

• More than 120 signed the 'Open Letter from Retired Generals and Admirals'
  • The letter questioned the integrity of the U.S. election
  • It also questions Biden's mental fitness, blasts the Iran deal, says 'anarchy' cannot be tolerated, and says 'illegals are flooding our country'
  • It echoes Trump's claims that absentee ballots are not secure
  • Other retired military officers slammed the letter as intrusion in domestic politics
  • Said Retired Adm. Mike Mullen, former chair of the joint chiefs: 'I think it hurts the military and by extension it hurts the country'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/05...0856231872.jpg

The group calls itself 'Flag Officers 4 America' and consists of retired military
officers including generals and admirals.

'The FBI and Supreme Court must act swiftly when election irregularities are
surfaced and not ignore them as was done in 2020,' they wrote.

The letter, called an 'Open Letter from Retired Generals and Admirals,' was
reported by Politico.

It echoes Trump's claims that absentee ballots are not secure as it goes after
Biden, who serves as Commander in Chief of the military.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-elected.html

Livia 13-05-2021 09:26 AM

And these admirals and generals... they weren't at all worried about Trump?

bitontheslide 13-05-2021 10:44 AM

ive said this many times, there shouldnt be people in power who are passed retirement age ...and Biden isn't the sharpest cookie, but he does have a competent team behind him that he listens to. Compare that against trump who rarely took advice from anyone and lacked even basic intelligence

GoldHeart 13-05-2021 10:52 AM

Yeah because Trump was totally of sound mind and not unstable atall was he ??!:umm2::facepalm:

LeatherTrumpet 13-05-2021 10:56 AM

They are worried that the election was a fraud

GoldHeart 13-05-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11045556)

awwww bless

Tom4784 13-05-2021 12:29 PM

Ah, a bunch of Trump cultists are acting up, this isn't news at this point.

I'm ambivalent of Biden, he's made some good moves while not doing enough (the fact that Trump's human rights defiling camps at the border are still in effect is unforgivable), but a somewhat competent president is miles better than the dangerous lunatic that came before and these people were no doubt silent when Trump was in charge despite the fact that he was noticeably unstable to anyone outside of his cult.

A meaningless gesture by a bunch of sore losers that want to undo an election that didn't go the way they wanted. Pathetic behaviour from people of their position.

Toy Soldier 13-05-2021 12:39 PM

strange that they're all retired :think:.

I largely agree in principle however that 65 should be the upper age limit for running for office for a first term and if going for a 2nd term over 65, it would have to be immediately following the first. That would put an effective "age limit" on an active president of 73. Which I think is quite a generous upper limit, really.

In the UK it's different since we don't elect a PM. I think a sensible age limit for leaving the PM position (and TBH the front benches) would be 70, barring there being extenuating circumstances for staying on (e.g. global crisis or national emergency).

It may seem "ageist" but to be honest, it's very UNusual for someone pushing their 80's to not be losing some mental alacrity. That doesn't mean they're "senile" or "confused" but it's a biological inevitability that people start slowing down a bit. Some people are very lucky and stay very sharp but at 80+ it's certainly not the majority.

Niamh. 13-05-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11045596)

I largely agree in principle however that 65 should be the upper age limit for running for office for a first term and if going for a 2nd term over 65, it would have to be immediately following the first. That would put an effective "age limit" on an active president of 73. Which I think is quite a generous upper limit, really.

In the UK it's different since we don't elect a PM. I think a sensible age limit for leaving the PM position (and TBH the front benches) would be 70, barring there being extenuating circumstances for staying on (e.g. global crisis or national emergency).

It may seem "ageist" but to be honest, it's very UNusual for someone pushing their 80's to not be losing some mental alacrity. That doesn't mean they're "senile" or "confused" but it's a biological inevitability that people start slowing down a bit. Some people are very lucky and stay very sharp but at 80+ it's certainly not the majority.

I agree with that. And lets not forget there's only 4 years between Trump and Biden so acting like Biden is too old but Trump was fine is a bit hypocritical

arista 13-05-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11045556)

What Trump needs to say he did very
well, getting even more votes.

But Joe Biden overtook him
and won the highest votes

GoldHeart 13-05-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11045604)
I agree with that. And lets not forget there's only 4 years between Trump and Biden so acting like Biden is too old but Trump was fine is a bit hypocritical

Exactly
Plus I've noticed with America they seem to want much older candidates for some reason, yet at the same time they mock the age.

Poor Bernie was seen as too old and lost support in the race , yet the preference seems to mostly be OLD MEN anyway :conf:.

Oliver_W 13-05-2021 01:54 PM

If there's any actual reason to question his mental health (and/or electoral validity) then fine, look into it.

But if it's because he's an elderly man who has/had a stammer which clearly still affects him, and/or you just don't like him ... no.

Tom4784 13-05-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11045617)
Exactly
Plus I've noticed with America they seem to want much older candidates for some reason, yet at the same time they mock the age.

Poor Bernie was seen as too old and lost support in the race , yet the preference seems to mostly be OLD MEN anyway :conf:.

It's the same thing with generations that are all like 'Pick yourself up by the bootstraps! Work hard and believe in the american dream!' And then as soon as a certain young person gets elected to congress, they mock her for working as a bartender before as though that somehow makes her lesser than they are, although they preach the idea that anyone can make a success of themselves if they work hard...

When it comes to the republicans, an older candidate is fine, as long as they're republican, a bartender turned politician would be an inspirational story, as long as they are white, blonde and republican.

Marsh. 13-05-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11045596)

I agree with this. Even those still sharp for their age in their 80s are not going to be performing at their best, which is really quite important for a world leader.