ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tony Blair unleashes stinging attack on ‘WOKE LEFT’ (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375488)

LeatherTrumpet 13-05-2021 11:02 AM

Tony Blair unleashes stinging attack on ‘WOKE LEFT’

Tony Blair unleashes stinging attack on ‘woke left’ and says Labour could cease
to exist

https://media.glide.mailplus.co.uk/p...tony-blair.jpg

“Keir seems sensible but not radical. He lacks a compelling economic
message. And the cultural message, because he is not clarifying it, is being
defined by the ‘woke’ left, whose every statement gets cut-through courtesy
of the right.”

Sir Keir is “struggling to break through with the public, and last week’s
elections are a major setback”, continued Mr Blair, with Labour now “asking
whether Keir is the right leader”.

But the ex-PM, now running the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change which
has been at the forefront of the battle against Covid-19, warned that Labour
“won’t revive simply by a change of leader”.

“A progressive party seeking power which looks askance at the likes of Trevor
Phillips, Sara Khan, or JK Rowling, is not going to win,” he warned.

“People are suspicious that behind the agenda of many of the culture
warriors on the left lies an ideology they find alien and extreme.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...t-b934635.html

LeatherTrumpet 13-05-2021 11:03 AM

I think Tony is on to something

bitontheslide 13-05-2021 11:09 AM

of course he is, and everyone in the country that didn't vote labour knows it. Unfortunately, it still remains Boris's fault

UserSince2005 13-05-2021 11:11 AM

Trial this war criminal. disgusted he has the nerve to show his face in public, nevermind on national tv.

caprimint 13-05-2021 11:17 AM

Always liked him

Liam- 13-05-2021 11:22 AM

Labour right will never take responsibility for its own failings will it? He’s a cockroach

GoldHeart 13-05-2021 11:34 AM

Does Blair not realise he's now only remembered,due to his thoughtless decision with Iraq and war :rolleyes:.

People unfortunately forget anything good he did prior. And some actually stopped supporting Labour.

Tom4784 13-05-2021 12:25 PM

I don't care for the words of someone with so much bloodshed on their hands. Claiming offense over the left when he sent our troops to die for a pointless war that destabilised the east and led to thousands of civilian deaths... He's a ****ing scrote.

People who like to be told what they want to hear will be easily pleased by his empty words, no doubt.

joeysteele 13-05-2021 12:27 PM

When people from the right, and likely Con supporters start praising Blair, (the more closet Con), then any Labour supporter seeing that should take note.
He brought the stupid NEW tag to Labour.
He in the main squandered 2 massive overall majorities.
Where he could have ensured fullest protection of the NHS, could have put in place absolute unchanging protection of the most vulnerable, sick and disabled.
Instead of tinkering with the issue.

He did of course do many things welcome and appropriate as all governments do.
Some more than others.
However, he didn't secure any protections for those vulnerable groups.

He once tried to get away with giving pensioners an only 50p rise.
Until he was shamed to do far better.

Then he foolishly believed a NEW war from his NEW Labour government would set his place in history.
Oh boy, it did indeed, not how he thought it would however.

He can talk sense of course.
However he's criticised every Labour leader since him, including Gordon Brown.

As a Labour member, I don't think I want any nauseating lectures from Mr Blair.

His time in government, I'd put down to 2 periods of the biggest wasting of massive overall majorities ever.
2 overall majorities of 165+

Yet he did so little to protect those who needed protection the most.

arista 13-05-2021 12:33 PM

Yes GMBHD itv final day with his mate Alistair Campbell
Blair went into the Studio in London.

And Yes Joey
Blair was Neo Conservative.
King of New Labour.

arista 13-05-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11045571)
Does Blair not realise he's now only remembered,due to his thoughtless decision with Iraq and war :rolleyes:.

People unfortunately forget anything good he did prior. And some actually stopped supporting Labour.

He is fully Aware
but then moves on to sort out Starmer.

arista 13-05-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11045562)
Trial this war criminal. disgusted he has the nerve to show his face in public, nevermind on national tv.

No
He got away with it

He goes to the Middle East
never killed.

Toy Soldier 13-05-2021 12:46 PM

Like it or not, he isn't entirely wrong and refusing to acknowledge that is going to see Conservative governments in England in perpetuity, which tbqfh is the worst imaginable outcome.

UserSince2005 13-05-2021 01:14 PM

the unelected sherk pm was on the news this week also. Why are we giving this scum airtime?

Scarlett. 13-05-2021 01:22 PM

A war criminal doesn't like people holding others accountable.

What a twist.

bitontheslide 13-05-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11045600)
Like it or not, he isn't entirely wrong and refusing to acknowledge that is going to see Conservative governments in England in perpetuity, which tbqfh is the worst imaginable outcome.

Tony Blair was the last labour leader to win an election, i think he knows a thing or two about it. I'm staggered that people are burying their heads in the sand

Toy Soldier 13-05-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11045628)
Tony Blair was the last labour leader to win an election, i think he knows a thing or two about it. I'm staggered that people are burying their heads in the sand

I understand why many people would like a further-left party, but I'm also not optimistic enough to believe that one can actually win... so unless the UK wants repeated uncaring Tory governments for the next half century, something has to give. And like it or not the only "better option" that has a chance of winning, is a still-largely-centrist party that isn't looking to make sweeping cultural changes but has better and fairer social policies and proper support for public services.

Scarlett. 13-05-2021 02:45 PM

The problem with Labour is that they're just constantly infighting, each leader gets slagged off by some others and loses credibility, they're a shambles of a party.

Tom4784 13-05-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11045600)

Nothing will stop the tories now anyway. It's all rather hopeless.

arista 13-05-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11045645)

It can not be that simple.

GoldHeart 13-05-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11045645)

Yep pretty much Labour is DEAD unfortunately , they might aswell call it a day , they're as pointless as Lib Dem .

arista 13-05-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11045649)
Labour is DEAD unfortunately , they might aswell call it a day , they're as pointless as Lib Dem .

They got some Mayors.
Lost to many Councils,
this time round.

Tom4784 13-05-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11045648)
It can not be that simple.

Honestly, the only chance of a sea change is through the passing of time and the end of the older generations. We can hope the next generations will be better, but I don't have much capacity for hope these days, in political matters.

LeatherTrumpet 13-05-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11045649)
Yep pretty much Labour is DEAD unfortunately , they might aswell call it a day , they're as pointless as Lib Dem .

I just have no idea why that party exists?

Scarlett. 13-05-2021 03:59 PM

The problems with Labour run far too deep, sure they could find a great popular PM with someone like Andy Burnham, but the problem would be the rest of the party is still fractured and rotten.

The Tories are of course, rotten to the core too, but they at least keep up appearances that everything is okay behind the scenes - until a leader leaves, then its knives out