ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   BBC promoting : gangland 'drill' track is at Number One (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375558)

arista 17-05-2021 10:59 AM

BBC promoting : gangland 'drill' track is at Number One

[Soundtrack to murder: For the first time,
a gangland 'drill' track is at
Number One - spreading a message of hatred
and violent revenge being echoed in
playgrounds across the country.
So why IS the BBC promoting it?]

[Stab first then talk...On flight-mode when
we walk...Chest or back we’ll rip his
face offI’ll put holes in your back.’
The lyrics are brutal and the
music is ‘drill’ — a raw and aggressive form
of British rap with accompanying videos
that feature balaclava-wearing men waving
weapons and detailing the bloody reality
of life on the streets.

For Sharon Kendall, the words of the
song Dip First (‘dip’ being slang for ‘stab’),
by a drill rapper associated with
a gang in the Rayners Lane
area of North-West London,
the lyrics were heart-wrenchingly
close to home.
Her 18-year-old son Jason Isaacs
was killed near Rayners Lane by
teenagers who stabbed him
in the back, arms and legs.]

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/05...1198342828.jpg
[In Body, Russ Millions (pictured above)
and Tion Wayne rap: ‘Free Big A,
he’s too militant’ — which online followers
of the singers have interpreted to be a
reference to a gang member currently
in prison on firearm offences]

Life In The City.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...umber-One.html

LeatherTrumpet 17-05-2021 11:06 AM

yet they blank out words in OLivers Army

this "song" should be banned

The Slim Reaper 17-05-2021 11:17 AM

More woke cancel culture. :blush:

LeatherTrumpet 17-05-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11047122)
More woke cancel culture. :blush:

the stabbings to death of teenagers in LOndon is hardly a laughing matter

jesus

:umm2:

The Slim Reaper 17-05-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11047124)
the stabbings to death of teenagers in LOndon is hardly a laughing matter

jesus

If we were having a good old belly laugh about knife crime you'd have a point, but we aren't and you don't.

Oliver_W 17-05-2021 11:40 AM

It's not the first time a terrible "song" got promoted beyond its value.

Cherie 17-05-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11047131)
It's not the first time a terrible "song" got promoted beyond its value.

There are terrible songs and they there are songs that promote violence

this is an example of WOKE culture, this song should be banned, it is an offence to all the families who have had loved ones stabbed in London and elsewhere, the BBC has lost its way on these issues and can't see the wood for the trees at this stage

The Slim Reaper 17-05-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11047137)
There are terrible songs and they there are songs that promote violence

this is an example of WOKE culture, this song should be banned, it is an offence to all the families who have had loved ones stabbed in London and elsewhere, the BBC has lost its way on these issues and can't see the wood for the trees at this stage

So banning and not banning things are both woke culture? Do you spot the potential flaw in that argument?

Cherie 17-05-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11047139)
So banning and not banning tings are both woke culture? Do you spot the potential flaw in that argument?

The BBC have always banned offensive songs. They don't play the original version of Fairytale of New York any more, what's changed for them?

do you see the problem there? one rule for one...etc

Liam- 17-05-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11047139)
So banning and not banning tings are both woke culture? Do you spot the potential flaw in that argument?

It’s almost like the war on ‘woke’ doesn’t actually make any sense isn’t it?

bitontheslide 17-05-2021 12:03 PM

It's interesting that the BBC promote this, yet only at the weekend postponed the panorama investigation into Bashir indefinitely over a "duty of care". The BBC has truly gone to rat****

Cherie 17-05-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 11047143)
It’s almost like the war on ‘woke’ doesn’t actually make any sense isn’t it?

you can answer my question as well if you will

The Slim Reaper 17-05-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11047141)
The BBC have always banned offensive songs. They don't play Fairytale of New York any more, what's changed for them?

do you see the problem there? one rule for one...etc

I'd guess Fairy tale has been banned for containing an actual slur, although why they couldn't just mute it for a second is beyond my comprehension - but I don't know the full details.

So unless this song contains slurs then why would they ban it? No one bans movies for glorifying gangs and crime etc.

You can't have woke culture as just a way to criticise things you disagree with.

Cherie 17-05-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11047148)
I'd guess Fairy tale has been banned for containing an actual slur, although why they couldn't just mute it for a second is beyond my comprehension - but I don't know the full details.

So unless this song contains slurs then why would they ban it? No one bans movies for glorifying gangs and crime etc.

Movies have ratings for a reason.

Unless this song is only played after 9pm, is that what you are saying?

Cherie 17-05-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11047148)

You can't have woke culture as just a way to criticise things you disagree with.

I can think what I like actually

The Slim Reaper 17-05-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11047151)
[/B]

I can think what I like actually

And I didn't say you don't have a right to think, I was just suggesting that maybe you use that ability to work out the inconsistencies.

The Slim Reaper 17-05-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11047150)
Movies have ratings for a reason.

Unless this song is only played after 9pm, is that what you are saying?

Turn on the radio and you'll hear songs about all kinds of things that we wouldn't be allowed to see in films during the day time, and all before 9pm.

Tom4784 17-05-2021 01:00 PM

So Woke is basically Schrodinger's cat at this point.

The song sounds gross but the idea of violent content inspiring violence is so dumb and has been disproven time and time again. Violent games, films and TV shows do not encourage violence, why do we think music could?

Oliver_W 17-05-2021 01:17 PM

I do sometimes wonder if Mary Whitehouse is actually alive and well when the pearl-clutching about films/games/songs are going to lead to violence :laugh:

Anyone hearing this "song" is going to say "this is dreadful!" and they'll switch it off, not "wtf i'ma shank a bitch now"

Oliver_W 17-05-2021 01:18 PM

If he'd have made a youtube video actually saying to do those things it'd be different, but this is just artistic expression.

(I can't wrap enough airquotes around both "artistic" and "impression")

Swan 17-05-2021 01:38 PM

What makes this different from celebrated US rap music? They're always mentioning guns and shooting 'enemies' (well they used to, i don't know much about modern rap).

Drill music doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, give me 90's hip hop any day, but banning a song wont solve the knife crime amongst black teenage boys.

The BBC are a joke though, for many reasons.

Brother Leon 17-05-2021 05:51 PM

The lyrics are no more extreme than what some punk or hard rock lyrics would be. Can’t let some young black men shine and get out of their neighbourhoods and make a living though can we?

Liam- 17-05-2021 06:03 PM

When women stage a coup to take over the world and enslave the worlds male population, we can all remember this thread and blame Beyoncé

LeatherTrumpet 17-05-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 11047367)
The lyrics are no more extreme than what some punk or hard rock lyrics would be. Can’t let some young black men shine and get out of their neighbourhoods and make a living though can we?

which ones specifically promote stabbing black kids to death in a city that has an epidemic of black stabbing deaths?

arista 18-05-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11047383)
which ones specifically promote stabbing black kids to death in a city that has an epidemic of black stabbing deaths?

Yes No Punk songs did that.

BL is wrong