ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Weak Gareth Southgate turns England fans against him. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375955)

LeatherTrumpet 06-06-2021 07:51 PM

Weak Gareth Southgate turns England fans against him.

Nigel calls him out

smudgie 06-06-2021 11:49 PM

Good for Gareth. A manager should support the team if it’s what they want.
More people clapped last week to drown out the morons that decided to boo.

bitontheslide 07-06-2021 03:23 AM

i abhor racism in football, but i dont like the connection that the gesture has to BLM, so i would prefer not to see it. Sport should never be political and BLM is political. Racism is not political however, they need to come up with some other method of supporting kick it out rather than BLM

joeysteele 07-06-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 11055253)
Good for Gareth. A manager should support the team if it’s what they want.
More people clapped last week to drown out the morons that decided to boo.

I totally agree smudgie..
There's sadly still a some racism around sport it seems.
On football terraces particularly.

Nicky91 07-06-2021 08:43 AM

bore off dictator Farage

Ammi 07-06-2021 09:06 AM

…I love how Marcus Rashford simplifies these things like he did with the school meals for children…they’re only complicated and political when they’re made complicated and political…it’s an anti racism/discrimination gesture simply and there is no politics involved in that unless people choose to see that…

arista 07-06-2021 09:13 AM

The LBC Left Winger
is debating Southgate,

Oliver_W 07-06-2021 09:20 AM

It's a shame that BLM seems to have the monopoly in standing against racism, and there's not a gesture or something which doesn't have their stink on it. Surely there's a way they can silently protest racism without associating with rioters and politics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11055314)
bore off dictator Farage

Dictator :joker::joker: He's not even an MP.

LeatherTrumpet 07-06-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 11055321)
…I love how Marcus Rashford simplifies these things like he did with the school meals for children…they’re only complicated and political when they’re made complicated and political…it’s an anti racism/discrimination gesture simply and there is no politics involved in that unless people choose to see that…

We have had the Kick it out campaign for years and the players wear it on their shirts.

and its not about racism in football (of which there is precious little in the UK)

this has been used to justify the erroneous decision to "take the knee" in retrospect

I go to a lot of football games at what could be seen as a right-wing club and i never hear or witness racism and our captain and player of the year is black

i am quite sure that is replicated at every ground in the UK

arista 07-06-2021 10:04 AM

Nottinghamshire MP Lee Anderson
will not watch 'beloved England' in Euro 2020 after players take knee

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...on-not-5493867

arista 07-06-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11055326)
It's a shame that BLM seems to have the monopoly in standing against racism, and there's not a gesture or something which doesn't have their stink on it. Surely there's a way they can silently protest racism without associating with rioters and politics?

Dictator :joker::joker: He's not even an MP.

Yes not a MP.

Nicky has bad MP's in his nation.

arista 07-06-2021 10:16 AM

Yes Good Points from Nigel

BLM are a Marxist crazy group
(check their website)

This is going on World News
all around the world.

Stay Out of Politics

arista 07-06-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11055275)
i abhor racism in football, but i dont like the connection that the gesture has to BLM, so i would prefer not to see it. Sport should never be political and BLM is political. Racism is not political however, they need to come up with some other method of supporting kick it out rather than BLM

Bang On Right.

Liam- 07-06-2021 10:18 AM

Ah, another day, even more upset racists, bliss

arista 07-06-2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 11055339)
Ah, another day, even more upset racists, bliss

Not on Tibb
none of us are Racists

Brother Leon 07-06-2021 11:28 AM

Imagine Marcus Rashford, a man who has ensured some of the poorest families in the country can feed their kids during this pandemic captains his country for the first time ever. He leads his players out with great pride to take a knee, only to be booed by absolute idiots in the crowd just before they begin an international tournament.

I honestly hate English football fans sometimes.

arista 07-06-2021 11:38 AM

Debated on BBC2HD
Politics Live.

"They need to find another way of doing it"

Brendon Clark-Smith MP

"Black Lives Matter is a political movement and also
promotes some quite eccentric and extreme policies
such as abolishing the nuclear family
and defunding the police...fans....are
just sick and tired of being preached
and spoken down to. They are there to
watch a football match, not to be
lectured on morality."

Oliver_W 07-06-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 11055352)
Imagine Marcus Rashford, a man who has ensured some of the poorest families in the country can feed their kids during this pandemic captains his country for the first time ever. He leads his players out with great pride to take a knee, only to be booed by absolute idiots in the crowd just before they begin an international tournament.

Kneeling on the ground achieves nothing, it is nothing more than performative allyship. The only thing that happens is the association with a questionable group pisses people off.

The only people who weren't behind Rashford during the school meals thing were the kind of idiots who say stuff like "can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em".

Oliver_W 07-06-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11055355)
Debated on BBC2HD
Politics Live.

"They need to find another way of doing it"

Brendon Clark-Smith MP

"Black Lives Matter is a political movement and also
promotes some quite eccentric and extreme policies
such as abolishing the nuclear family
and defunding the police...fans....are
just sick and tired of being preached
and spoken down to. They are there to
watch a football match, not to be
lectured on morality."

Sums it up well enough.

Nicky91 07-06-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11055336)
Yes not a MP.

Nicky has bad MP's in his nation.

which bad MP's :conf:

Baudet is no longer in our parliament thankfully

and well Wilders, although he is hardcore far-right pvv, he sometimes does say some good things, during the corona regulation debates for example

arista 08-06-2021 03:31 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cp...36_star-nc.png

Ammi 08-06-2021 06:23 AM

…when the Daily Star thinks you’re a numpty and the biggest berk in Britain …oh Lozza….

parmnion 08-06-2021 07:24 AM

Tbh they should be taking a knee on twitter and the like, not on a football pitch.

parmnion 08-06-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 11055352)

Hes ensured we can feed the poor families kids, not the poor families feeding their own kids

Shaun 08-06-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11055340)
Not on Tibb
none of us are Racists

good one, tell another