ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Door-to-door sales people (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376132)

_Seth 16-06-2021 04:08 PM

Door-to-door sales people

I used to be one of them and it was the best job I ever had, just because the company culture was big on positivity, motivation, being the best version of yourself, crew nights out, dressing extremely smartly, networking and everyone within "the business" was high energy and on the ball. I'd love to do it again but it was commission only, sadly, so I wasn't successful enough to make it financially viable.

But, how do you react to them? Do you have any funny stories? Have you ever purchased anything from them?

Marsh. 16-06-2021 04:09 PM

The door doesn't get opened to them.

If I do they get a "no thank you".

Kate! 16-06-2021 04:11 PM

I've done door to door sales. Its bloody hard work but can be quite lucrative if you have what it takes. I enjoyed it. We had team nites out on Fridays. Good memories. X

Glenn. 16-06-2021 04:16 PM

I let them waste their time explaining what they’re selling then say ‘no thank you’

_Seth 16-06-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 11059959)
I let them waste their time explaining what they’re selling then say ‘no thank you’

That's a horrible and mean spirited character trait on your behalf if you do that on purpose. Their time is money so if you knowingly waste it then you're hurting their ability to earn.

bitontheslide 16-06-2021 04:32 PM

i never answer the door to anyone i am not expecting

Daniel-X 16-06-2021 04:45 PM

I got tricked into accepting a job as one that they advertised as a ‘marketing assistant.’ I turned up to the first day of training and never returned.

Everyone who worked there was so cringe and they made you do chants and stuff (it was commission only too). Everything about the job was gross.

Cherie 16-06-2021 04:55 PM

I feel sorry for them standing eagerly on the doorstep while I avoid answering the door :sad:

UserSince2005 16-06-2021 05:04 PM

my penthouse front door is too high in the sky to be knocked on.

arista 16-06-2021 05:06 PM

No
never answer my door to people I do not know

rusticgal 16-06-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 11059964)
That's a horrible and mean spirited character trait on your behalf if you do that on purpose. Their time is money so if you knowingly waste it then you're hurting their ability to earn.

I couldn’t agree more....but not surprising.
We don’t get many our way...not any more. But they are just trying to make a living. I just say no straight away so as not to waste their time...why waste their time or mine if I know I’m not going to buy :shrug:

Glenn. 16-06-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

I know several people who have done door to door sales and their aim is to earn as much money out of you as possible by any means necessary. If the most I can do to stop them scamming anyone else is to waste their time then so be it :shrug:

parmnion 16-06-2021 06:20 PM

Jehova are the worst.

_Seth 16-06-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 11060042)
I know several people who have done door to door sales and their aim is to earn as much money out of you as possible by any means necessary. If the most I can do to stop them scamming anyone else is to waste their time then so be it :shrug:

You're concluding based on nothing that they are unregulated scammers? So much so that you've taken it upon yourself to be a Knight in shining armour for random other people by wasting your and the sellers time?

Flimsy justification.

rusticgal 16-06-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 11060045)
You're concluding based on nothing that they are unregulated scammers? So much so that you've taken it upon yourself to be a Knight in shining armour for random other people by wasting your and the sellers time?

Flimsy justification.

....laughable more like :laugh:

DouglasS 16-06-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

How uneducated..

Can’t tarnish all door to door salesmen/women as scammers based on several people you supposedly know and have supposedly discussed their work with

parmnion 16-06-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 11060075)
How uneducated..

Can’t tarnish all door to door salesmen/women as scammers based on several people you supposedly know and have supposedly discussed their work with

Knockist.

DouglasS 16-06-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11060089)
Knockist.

:joker:

Marsh. 16-06-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

:clap1:

Glenn. 16-06-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 11060045)

Flimsy justification.

That’s right :thumbs:

Mitchell 16-06-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel-X (Post 11059974)
I got tricked into accepting a job as one that they advertised as a ‘marketing assistant.’ I turned up to the first day of training and never returned.

Everyone who worked there was so cringe and they made you do chants and stuff (it was commission only too). Everything about the job was gross.

Yep this happened to me, except they saw I was gullible at the time and it lasted for 3 weeks, never got paid the money I was owed, ended up on a lot stronger anti depressants, and spent most of my time being told how good the boss was in bed by various members of the team.

They really should be made illegal, and when they’re for charity and the marketing company is getting 60% of your yearly charity direct debit…

Mitchell 16-06-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

I actually disagree with this, he lets them finish their speech (which barely anyone does) and even though he says no, it will give them a boost from my experience.

Jordan. 16-06-2021 08:51 PM

it's giving cult vibes

_Seth 16-06-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 11060166)
I actually disagree with this, he lets them finish their speech (which barely anyone does) and even though he says no, it will give them a boost from my experience.

Not wasting their time when they're on commission only > A potential confidence boost

Marsh. 16-06-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 11060166)

King of donating his time to allow them to practice their sales pitch. :clap1: