ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   What sort of news stories wind you up? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376166)

reecejackox 17-06-2021 06:21 PM

What sort of news stories wind you up?

I would say cancel culture stories

Marsh. 17-06-2021 06:28 PM

I don't know about "wind me up" but non-stories are annoying. Such as the Queen's portrait one, trying to whip people up into a frenzy over nothing at all.

Granted that's most news nowadays.

LeatherTrumpet 17-06-2021 06:36 PM

anything about BLM and their misguided Marxist ways

The Slim Reaper 17-06-2021 06:48 PM

Meghan eats kidz

Things that aren't cancelled being cancelled.

Ammi 17-06-2021 06:52 PM

…manipulated stories that are designed to create an outrage culture which has taken the lead from clickbait headlines….

rusticgal 17-06-2021 06:54 PM

How the economy has suffered during COVID....like it’s a shock :shrug:

hijaxers 17-06-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reecejackox (Post 11060654)
I would say cancel culture stories

Totally agree its got to be on a daily basis - who gets cancelled tomorrow ?

Black Dagger 17-06-2021 08:52 PM

Right wing figures constantly proclaiming things as "woke" and threatening boycotts x

Liam- 17-06-2021 09:06 PM

‘I’ve been cancelled and silenced!!’ Says z-list celebrity on the front of a newspaper read by millions daily

The Slim Reaper 17-06-2021 09:12 PM

Good evening and welcome to weatherspoons news channel, the anti woke, anti-cancel culture channel where I'll be telling you which companies refuse to give us advertising money, so you can canc...errr.... not buy their products.

Swan 17-06-2021 10:06 PM

Any news stories that have a bias for either the left or right wings. There isn't enough centralised news stories or balanced views.

Nicky91 18-06-2021 06:42 AM

'cancel culture' stories yes same

and also anything with 'woke' in the title, it triggers me a lot i noticed recently

Ammi 18-06-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11060799)
Any news stories that have a bias for either the left or right wings. There isn't enough centralised news stories or balanced views.

…so little article space devoted to actually inform and so much devoted to manipulate and mislead and divide…and in a time when the message has also been that ‘together and united’ is needed to get us through COVID times, what we’re given is divisive media exploiting people’s anxieties…negative times like these create more vulnerabilities in people and the media poke those anxieties….

Vicky. 19-06-2021 08:35 AM

Whatever's the current obsession..where it's been morning til night for ages. So currently covid (anything besides an update on daily stats really, while there's no actual news besides 'the virus is behaving totally unvirusey and there is another mutation which is a brand new thing and not something we established.. happens with viruses' Crap.)

Previously brexit. Jeremy Cornyn is Satan v Jeremy is the saviour of our kind. Teresa may exists and has...legs :o and more.

Generally the current obsession though, whatever it may be. Unless it's something interesting or something we are being told is both new and..true and preferably unbiased and accurate. which seems a high bar recently.

I barely watch news now as I just kinda rage and the misinformation that's regurgitated constantly makes me not want to trust anything the press and such say..And that's not a good road to go down either. We desperately need a new player, willing to report neutrally. Wouldn't that be something.

parmnion 20-06-2021 09:01 PM

Mine is still the same as the reason that got me banned.

It really winds me up.

I'm sorry but I never realised I needed to give a reason why it does cause the op doesn't ask...nut perhaps in hindsight, if I had. I wouldn't have been humiliated by having a 3 day ban imposed on me.

My reason for what I said winding me up was(if anyone had cared to ask first)

Well, it was because they have the whole world fighting for them atm and all the good work the young are doing is being destroyed by the headlines that feed the hatred of the haters.

But I didnt realise a reason. Was needed, so just posted black on black crime.

As in that being the headline...

So please ask next time eh

I lost 130 quid this weekend you tyrants

Ps, I was banned for racial, baiting.

Which was the exact opposite of my post intention...and I'm rather angry about that.