ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   BBC bans white people from applying for £18,000 trainee job (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376225)

arista 20-06-2021 05:34 AM

BBC bans white people from applying for £18,000 trainee job

[BBC bans white people from applying for £18,000
trainee job to work on Springwatch
and The One Show sparking discrimination row after
BBC is advertising a one-year trainee
production management role in Glasgow
The position is 'only open to black, Asian and
ethnically diverse candidates'

Positive discrimination is illegal but
'positive action' is allowed for trainee roles]

This will not be debated on BBC AM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ainee-job.html

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06...4128972743.jpg
[BBC director general Tim Davie
has said that the lack of diversity among
its top-paid stars means the
broadcaster 'has more work to do' on the issue]

Typical of the BBC

Oliver_W 20-06-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11061737)
'positive action' is allowed for trainee roles]

There's nothing positive about racist discrimination.

If it was an apprentice or just a minimum wage position it would be almost excusable, but proper jobs shouldn't have racial barriers.

UserSince2005 20-06-2021 09:01 AM

I wish I was black. I would have been a multi millionaire by now with all the opportunities that would have been thrown my way.

Toy Soldier 20-06-2021 09:03 AM

For a position like this why bother restricting applications? If you have a preference in mind for the selection then just make that selection :think:. I can see the argument for “wasting people’s time” but for an unpaid trainee position I don’t think that’s a huge concern. Just be clear from the outset that there are expected to be a lot of applicants, which should avoid getting anyone’s hopes up too high.

arista 20-06-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11061790)
For a position like this why bother restricting applications? If you have a preference in mind for the selection then just make that selection :think:. I can see the argument for “wasting people’s time” but for an unpaid trainee position I don’t think that’s a huge concern. Just be clear from the outset that there are expected to be a lot of applicants, which should avoid getting anyone’s hopes up too high.

It shows how Nasty the BBC are.

Strictly Jake 20-06-2021 09:48 AM

Racism works both ways, no?

Swan 20-06-2021 11:14 AM

The race divide continues.

LeatherTrumpet 20-06-2021 11:47 AM

the bbc are out of control

AnnieK 20-06-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11061789)
I wish I was black. I would have been a multi millionaire by now with all the opportunities that would have been thrown my way.

You said in the past you are black??

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/for...highlight=race

Marsh. 20-06-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11061786)
If it was an apprentice or just a minimum wage position it would be almost excusable

18k is minimum wage if it's a full time job?

Marsh. 20-06-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 11061860)
You said in the past you are black??

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/for...highlight=race

:laugh2:

bitontheslide 20-06-2021 12:09 PM

some day, the best person for the job will get employed. I know it's a fantasy, but i can dream

Oliver_W 20-06-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11061806)
Racism works both ways, no?

Both? There are more than two races. Black people can be racist against Indians, who can be racist against Chinese ... Who can all be racist against whites.

There's no both ways about it, anyone can be either a perpetuator or victim of racism.

The Slim Reaper 20-06-2021 01:33 PM

It's not about being racist against honkys. It's the opposite in fact because the crackers are over represented in most industries, so trying to find a bit of balance from a cross section of all British communities isn't racist.

I don't remember seeing this kind of outrage when Muslim, Indian, or African names aren't even given interviews.

It's about over representation, not discrimination.

The Slim Reaper 20-06-2021 01:37 PM

US2005 entering a thread

Swan 20-06-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11061897)
It's not about being racist against honkys. It's the opposite in fact, because the crackers are over represented in most industries, so trying to find a bit of balance from a cross section of all British communities isn't racist.

I don't remember seeing this kind of outrage when Muslim, Indian, or African names aren't even given interviews.

Why does race need to be highlighted though? I mean, by law of averages more white people will apply for most jobs based purely on the fact the the UK population is over 80% white.

We may look somewhat different on the outside, but on the inside we're the exact same. Isn't that what it should be about? Equal, never treated lesser, never treated more than, equal.

Im not outraged or anything, the BBC get to do what they like, it's their Corporation they can hire who they like, i just don't see this as progression. The opposite in fact.

Logic would say hire the best person for the job, no matter race.

The Slim Reaper 20-06-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11061906)
Why does race need to be highlighted though? I mean, by law of averages more white people will apply for most jobs based purely on the fact the the UK population is over 80% white.

We may look somewhat different on the outside, but on the inside we're the exact same. Isn't that what it should be about? Equal, never treated lesser, never treated more than, equal.

Im not outraged or anything, the BBC get to do what they like, it's their Corporation they can hire who they like, i just don't see this as progression. The opposite in fact.

Logic would say hire the best person for the job, no matter race.

Because history and experience have proved that best person for the job doesn't really exist a lot of the time, and studies have shown that using the exact same CV but with different names yields different results. Maybe their last 15 trainees were white dudes, so are looking to add different experiences into the mix.

Nicky91 20-06-2021 02:09 PM

and you think i'm supposed to believe this ''story''

not surprised it is the pathetic losers of dailyfail coming up with this non-story :idc:

try harder next time dailyfail :rolleyes:

The Slim Reaper 20-06-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11061801)
It shows how Nasty the BBC are.

I know it was a long time ago, but remember when you lied about only disliking the BBC because of the licence fee?

Cherie 20-06-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11061897)
It's not about being racist against honkys. It's the opposite in fact because the crackers are over represented in most industries, so trying to find a bit of balance from a cross section of all British communities isn't racist.

Is that you Monique?

The Slim Reaper 20-06-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11061928)
Is that you Monique?

Slimniqua thank you very much :smug:

rusticgal 20-06-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Is that you Monique?

:laugh:

arista 20-06-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11061919)
I know it was a long time ago, but remember when you lied about only disliking the BBC because of the licence fee?

No Its Still Why I Am Angry at the BBC TAX
it has got to change.
Take it from the General Tax

This is a New Topic
and I can say they are Nasty.

Moniqua 20-06-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Is that you Monique?

i didn’t send for you so don’t come for me yeah?

Moniqua 20-06-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 11061938)
:laugh:

what’s funny bird?