ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   who has done the elbow bump (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376327)

bitontheslide 25-06-2021 08:23 AM

who has done the elbow bump

As the title suggests. I find it total cringe and was forced into a corner and did it once .... never again .... poll incoming

LeatherTrumpet 25-06-2021 08:29 AM

nope

Toy Soldier 25-06-2021 08:29 AM

I saw my dad for the first time in 20 months last week and he did it, I was very alarmed, but I think he was joking :umm2:.

In other news he's aged about 10 years since I last saw him (his 65th birthday, so he's nearly 67 now), looks and sounds like a frail little old man, and is having investigations for heart problems... so I'll forgive him the elbow bump since I'm pretty convinced he's not going to be around all that much longer. It was quite shocking tbh.

Though I think he was also a little shocked as the last time he saw my daughter she was 4'7, and now she's 5'5 (and the same height as my wife) :joker:.

Cherie 25-06-2021 08:32 AM

Twice, both times with the same person after I refused a hug, and like you I was forced into it as it would have been churlish to pull back, total cringe:laugh:

Cherie 25-06-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11063899)
I saw my dad for the first time in 20 months last week and he did it, I was very alarmed, but I think he was joking :umm2:.

In other news he's aged about 10 years since I last saw him (his 65th birthday, so he's nearly 67 now), looks and sounds like a frail little old man, and is having investigations for heart problems... so I'll forgive him the elbow bump since I'm pretty convinced he's not going to be around all that much longer. It was quite shocking tbh.

Though I think he was also a little shocked as the last time he saw my daughter she was 4'7, and now she's 5'5 (and the same height as my wife) :joker:.

People with heart problems tend to live long lives as there are excellent drugs now, even heart failure is not a killer any more

joeysteele 25-06-2021 08:36 AM

A few times I have.

If I'm talking to anyone however, at the end I just usually raise my hand as I'm heading off.

Toy Soldier 25-06-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11063904)
People with heart problems tend to live long lives as there are excellent drugs now, even heart failure is not a killer any more

Fingers crossed. He's lost a lot of weight (and wasn't overweight to begin with) and looking extremely pale/grey, it was a bit shocking to be honest. I think mainly because he didn't even seem "old" at all the last time I saw him, he was the same at 65 as he was at 50 just with grey hair... and he's suddenly morphed into a little old man :umm2:.

Cherie 25-06-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11063906)
Fingers crossed. He's lost a lot of weight (and wasn't overweight to begin with) and looking extremely pale/grey, it was a bit shocking to be honest. I think mainly because he didn't even seem "old" at all the last time I saw him, he was the same at 65 as he was at 50 just with grey hair... and he's suddenly morphed into a little old man :umm2:.

honestly feel alot of people have aged in lockdown :laugh:

Toy Soldier 25-06-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11063907)
honestly feel alot of people have aged in lockdown :laugh:

I just look 10 years older because I got glasses :oh:.

GoldHeart 25-06-2021 02:53 PM

I just haven't touched atall let alone elbow bump

rusticgal 25-06-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11063895)
As the title suggests. I find it total cringe and was forced into a corner and did it once .... never again .... poll incoming

Same here...it was so awkward.

rusticgal 25-06-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11063899)

Losing weight when you are older...especially if you havent really got any weight to lose, is always going to age you...and of course not seeing him for so long you are going to see the difference moreso than seeing him regularly.
I hope he is ok...

MTVN 25-06-2021 03:30 PM

A couple of times but elbow on elbow is not exactly a smooth contact so I've tried to avoid it, the fist bump has replaced the handshake in a lot of sport I play now though but the handshakes are gradually creeping back in

parmnion 25-06-2021 04:35 PM

Many many times, because I like to.

bitontheslide 25-06-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11064177)
Many many times, because I like to.

weirdo :laugh:

Dogeatdog 25-06-2021 05:12 PM

Never done it mainly because it was pointed out to me that when people sneeze, if they don’t use their hands they’ll use the bit where their elbow is.

parmnion 25-06-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11064183)
weirdo :laugh:

I do it with my customers,

Usually hoping for a tip, but knowing that it will never come when I do.

I might try the head pump in future.

Ammi 26-06-2021 07:04 AM

…as MTVN said, it’s a little of an awkward manoeuvre and could lead to a funny bone impact ….and there is no hug substitute anyway…a hug is a hug and it’s often a spontaneous thing for those who have a very close connection…those people don’t really need to bump elbows, I would say…

Jessica. 26-06-2021 08:32 AM

I have not, I don't want to make physical contact with someone I don't live with during a pandemic.

thesheriff443 26-06-2021 08:57 AM

I’ve done it maybe a couple of times
It’s cringe I’m not a big hand shake man either usually a nod of the head

Livia 26-06-2021 10:02 AM

My brother and I do it, but only because it reminds us of the steam train scene in Young Frankenstein and makes us laugh.