ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   AS6, Episode 5 (Pink Table Talks) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376723)

Shaun 14-07-2021 06:57 PM

AS6, Episode 5 (Pink Table Talks)

Ammi 14-07-2021 07:19 PM

…so that was awkward for Jan…

lewis111 15-07-2021 10:34 AM

Jan’s edit this season is so strange, especially this episode
Idk if she’s getting a villain edit or a sympathy edit. It seems the producers are trying to go for the former but it’s sort of coming across the opposite. Still not really a fan of her but the edit does seem quite forced

Captain.Remy 15-07-2021 03:08 PM

That was such a strange maxi challenge to me. I thought there would be more acting than just them talking about their insecurities and not bringing more to it. It was weird.
A lot of touching stories :love: But now that we got our dose of sob stories, I hope they don't milk them too much for the next 58 episodes.
I do agree with Ru, the best team was Eureka's and clearly Ginger was the top AS of the week. This is what she's good at, it's a deserving win.

Runway wise, I liked all of them except Jan's. It was messy and not pleasant to look at. Ra'Jah's was my favorite.

For a minute I thought Bianca would have really lip synced :joker: It's always good to see her on the show. Good surprise to see Mayhem as the lipsync assassin. She can turn the party and as a boy he's so fine. I love a chunky one for my eyes :laugh:
The lipsync was fun, and funny for once. Ginger can read the phone book and make it funny and Mayhem brought her funny personality into it. It was closer to what you can see in an actual lipsync at the club or at the bar.

I'm not too bothered to see Scarlet go. I wish she has done more though she should have placed top for the Blue Ball but it is what it is. Contrary to Ra'Jah who has shown a lot of growth since her season, I haven't seen the same from Scarlet. But he's a sweetheart and less of a "villain" than in S11.

Tom4784 15-07-2021 08:00 PM

Deleted Post

Shaun 15-07-2021 08:47 PM

I cannot stand Jan at all. What is it about the sixth season having an obnoxious overperformer who never knows when to shut the **** up?

Ginger, A'Keria, Trinity and Eureka were all fantastic this week and all deserved to win. Bottoms should have been Sonique and Jan. The winning team would genuinely make a great talk show, they all really shone and gelled together well. All had fantastic runways as well. Pandora, Rajah and Scarlet were all engaging enough and vulnerable enough... I really ****ing recoiled in disgust when RuPaul said she was "uncomfortable" during Scarlet's talk as if she hasn't been exploiting their emotions for 13 years.

Samm 16-07-2021 12:10 AM

scarlet robbed yet again... i knew it was bad when my top three were all on a team together </3 I was dying to see more of rajah and scarlet interact

Shaun 16-07-2021 03:44 AM

Unfortunately Scarlet was probably cast as a filler queen in the producers' minds... they'd have wanted to push the narrative of Ginger, Sonique, Eureka and maybe Trinity a lot more than the others. Jan gives them a lot of the typical reality TV fodder (overconfidence, showboating, irritating everyone else), Ra'Jah is talking-heads gold and then there's old fan favourites like Pandora and Yara to fill in the gaps. As a result it seemed inevitable when this season premiered that the likes of Scarlet, Silky, Serena and to an extent A'Keria would be filler :(

I did object a little to the "robbed!!" allegations re: Scarlet in the early weeks just because she did good but not that good... but I won't object to them this time. She did a good job, and Jan did terribly and deserves to be stoned to death to leave. Especially since wins don't seem to matter any more :idc:

Oh I was typing on my phone with my earlier post so I'll go into more details...

- The lipsync was fantastic. Ginger is a pro at a comedy lipsync and Mayhem did fantastically too, really good and unusual song choice that allowed them both to fluorish.
- The runway was pretty great... Trinity's was stunning, Eureka/A'Keria/Ra'Jah/Ginger/Scarlet looked great... I liked Pandora's for once, and... yeah I didn't like Sonique's, sadly :( was just a weird shape on her. (jan's didn't meet the criteria at all but oh well... don't want to start sounding like a hater :worry:)

Now Ginger has a win under her belt I'm sure she'll perform a little more confidently... which is good because this was starting to become a two-horse race between Trinity and Ra'Jah :love: I'm surprised Eureka has taken such a backseat, but then I wonder if she's entered with the same mentality as Silky: don't want to shout over everyone, don't want to hog the limelight, don't want the fans to call me an attention-seeking asshole, etc.

Shaun 16-07-2021 07:03 AM

Kennedy having zero time for Jan :love:

Captain.Remy 16-07-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11073400)
What is it about the sixth season having an obnoxious overperformer who never knows when to shut the **** up?

Wait which one? Magnolia Crawford, Gia Gunn, Laganja? :laugh:

Captain.Remy 16-07-2021 12:08 PM

I always stan Kennedy and damn she is not feeling the Jantasy :joker:

Shaun 16-07-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 11073564)
Wait which one? Magnolia Crawford, Gia Gunn, Laganja? :laugh:

Magnolia did anything but overperform :skull:

I meant Laganja. Gia was just out-and-out nasty and didn't really try with any challenges.

Gstar 16-07-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11073466)
and Jan did terribly and deserves to be stoned to death to leave. Especially since wins don't seem to matter any more :idc:

Delete this :nono:

Smithy 16-07-2021 09:11 PM

The challenge felt like I was watching loose women on acid

Amazing lip sync, not really too bothered about Scarlett going, esp as there’s still the rudemption island thing too

parmnion 16-07-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 11073759)
The challenge felt like I was watching loose women on acid

Amazing lip sync, not really too bothered about Scarlett going, esp as there’s still the rudemption island thing too

What did nolan look like?..normal?

Cause her normal looks like my eyesight on acid.

Gstar 17-07-2021 02:09 AM

I wouldn’t completely rule Scarlet out of not returning, Silky is an obvious choice but her social media posts sound very “final” as if she’s not returning, she talks about her journey from season 11 to all stars and what she went through and thanked all her fans, I just feel that you would say all of this after being eliminated for real? I would love for an underdog like Scarlet to return as I was really warming to her on this weeks episode, I enjoyed her story in the challenge and she gave us another impressive runway.

Tom4784 17-07-2021 02:22 AM

Deleted Post

Gstar 17-07-2021 02:37 AM

I just hope whoever returns breaks the curse of not lasting long after

Tom4784 17-07-2021 02:22 PM

Deleted Post

Gstar 18-07-2021 01:55 AM

Tatianna :love: :love:

I get what you mean though, big queens always do well on the show anyway. If Silky returns and they have a lot of comedy type challenges that will work in her favour I can see her going to the end. A Eureka, Ginger and Silky final 3?

Ammi 19-07-2021 08:16 AM

…I loved the Pink Table..:love:..I loved the runways…:love:…I love Ginger and am so pleased that she won…:love:…

…I feel bad for Jan, I do feel that there didn’t seem any sense in her reasoning for voting A’Keira with her lipstick….but generally she seems like a lovely queen but isn’t really liked or getting much support…?…and one of the things that I love most about the queen scene is the support they feel for each other, it isn’t a scene where there hasn’t been much personal struggle…she’s not a bad person, she hasn’t been mean in any way etc….

…anyway, Scarlet…:love:….

….the lip sync was just joy, btw…it was just a beautiful and fun thang….:flutter:…a great song choice….

Samm 19-07-2021 08:57 AM

Still salty over Roxy staying over Tati...

Captain.Remy 19-07-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samm (Post 11074436)
Still salty over Roxy staying over Tati...

So is everybody :bawling::bawling:

Shaun 19-07-2021 10:25 AM

not me!

(not the first time anyway, they both sucked at Snatch Game but Roxxxy murdered her on that latex runway)

The second time... fair enough x

Captain.Remy 19-07-2021 10:54 AM

Roxxxy should have been eliminated instead of Tatianna and Alyssa anyway