ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Cameron & the missing Billions BBC Panorama 9/8/21 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377218)

arista 10-08-2021 03:46 PM

Cameron & the missing Billions BBC Panorama 9/8/21

Starts in Germany

That well Dodgy German Bank
now closed, used David Cameron
to collect Worldwide additional funds.
He went on their private Jet.

The Invoices were dodgy and fake.
they used big USA business
as possible future customers.
(But those USA companies never
did invoices or any deals )

But made out they were doing Deals daily.

No Insurance for possible deals

Greensill are Corrupt as hell.

David Cameron took Big Cash
for his work for them.
($10million made)

Great Docu' by Andy Verity

Gupta (Steel boss) took massive loans
halfway through the Docu.

The Conclusion was
Tax payers will have to pay the debts.

Tom4784 10-08-2021 07:50 PM

Deleted Post

joeysteele 10-08-2021 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11082745)
And you won't hear a peep of condemnation about this from tory supporters or the right wing. It's an outrage but tory supporters will be more concerned with impossible hypotheticals about Jeremy Corbyn than a reality that portrays the tories as being less than the perfect saints their supporters have built up in their heads.

I agree that will be more than just possibly the case Dezzy.

smudgie 10-08-2021 11:20 PM

If he has broken the law then lock the beggar up.:fist:

arista 11-08-2021 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 11082774)
If he has broken the law then lock the beggar up.:fist:

No
he got away with it.

Swan 11-08-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11082745)
And you won't hear a peep of condemnation about this from tory supporters or the right wing. It's an outrage but tory supporters will be more concerned with impossible hypotheticals about Jeremy Corbyn than a reality that portrays the tories as being less than the perfect saints their supporters have built up in their heads.

Nah, Cameron's popularity fell significantly in his last 2 or so years as PM. Most Tory voters will care. It's just the same old same old, friends in high places, greed, and social classes. Money goes to money, money stays with money and all that.

Cherie 11-08-2021 12:12 PM

He looked so clean cut as well, I agree with Nick :hehe:

Tom4784 11-08-2021 12:27 PM

Deleted Post

Swan 11-08-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11082868)
Then where is the outrage from the right wing and their supporters? Had this been an ex-labour MP, those same people staying silent would be out for blood.

Tory supporters don't want to condemn people that are on 'their side'. It's tribalism at the end of the day, it's okay when their side does it, but no one else.

They all do it, and it's never ok.

Tom4784 11-08-2021 12:53 PM

Deleted Post

Swan 11-08-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11082884)
Except they don't. Enlightened centrism and false equivalence will get you nowhere. Many of the left wing have turned their back on Labour despite supporting it before because they disagree with Starmer and his actions thus far. Many labour supporters did the same when Corbyn was in charge. The difference between Labour and the Tories is that Labour supporters tend to hold Labour accountable far more often than Tory supporters do. Tory supporters would have called for the resignation of Boris over all this business with donors paying for redecorating his flat if he was labour, yet it's acceptable because he is a tory, and it's the same thing here with Cameron.

Yeah Labour MP's never have scammed the system. Never had hand outs. If you're right wing, or centre you're scum, right dez?!

Tom4784 11-08-2021 01:20 PM

Deleted Post

Swan 11-08-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11082900)
What is it with people having the inability to read properly lately? How does that relate to anything I've said? This just reads like you couldn't argue with what I'm saying so you misinterpreted and threw your toys out of the pram.

Where did I say that labour MPs never scammed the system? The whole point I was making was that labour supporters have a history of holding labour MPs accountable when they do wrong. It wasn't a hidden meaning in the post, it was quite overt so I'm quite confused how you could read that post and end up at that conclusion. Either way, I'll accept your apology for misreading and misrepresenting what I've said in advance.

You're saying Tory voters won't care, that's just not true. They do care. Not all, but a good majority will be pissed off.

Tom4784 11-08-2021 01:33 PM

Deleted Post

Swan 11-08-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11082908)
Then where is the anger? Where are the right wing pundits screaming for justice? Where are the tory supporters demanding something be done, like they would be if it were another party?

Where?

It's non-existent because tory tribalism won't allow for Tory supporters to criticise tories unless they go against the script.

It's all over the media, it's not exactly being swept under the rug is it?! And how do you know people don't care?

Tom4784 11-08-2021 01:42 PM

Deleted Post

Livia 11-08-2021 02:13 PM

Funny, it's usually money with Labour and sex for the Tories.

arista 11-08-2021 02:30 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58146567

David Cameron denies lobbying for genetics firm Illumina?

arista 11-08-2021 02:35 PM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experi...1232857349.jpg

You are Corrupt as hell on this.
Using your Political Position to hide from Prosecution.

joeysteele 11-08-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11082783)
No
he got away with it.

It appears so.

Plus as Dezzy is pointing out this on the news is nothing like being as prominent as let's say any major politician of the left profiteering like this.

This is a former Prime Minister too.

Cherie 11-08-2021 04:51 PM

You just wonder when is it enough money for these folks

bitontheslide 11-08-2021 05:47 PM

people might not like what he did, but he didn't do anything illegal as far as i'm aware. He isn't a public servant anymore, so has no accountability to the electorate

arista 11-08-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11083000)
people might not like what he did, but he didn't do anything illegal as far as i'm aware. He isn't a public servant anymore, so has no accountability to the electorate

Sure, but he used his Former Political Position,
spent months badging
Conservative MP's.

joeysteele 11-08-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11083003)
Sure, but he used his Former Political Position,
spent months badging
Conservative MP's.

It honestly beats me the extent of defending someone using past positions of power to set out to live their own pockets.

It may not have been illegal so okay that's alright then, he's still the good guy.
It's at the very least immoral.
Which for me, makes it sad being immoral isn't yet a crime too.

Exactly as you say, he used his former privileged status of power to influence those now in power.
For in part his own personal gain.

Stinks to high heaven for me that does.
I respect your denouncing this arista.
That's fair and to your credit.

arista 11-08-2021 06:35 PM

Its a Top Documentary
well worth watching