ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Will Arsenal get relegated? Part 2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377494)

Calderyon 28-08-2021 01:12 PM

Will Arsenal get relegated? Part 2

They lost to Brentford 2-0, Chelsea 2-0 and are now losing 4-0 in their third match..

Will this season be the one when they get relegated? Or can they turn it around?

Calderyon 28-08-2021 01:16 PM

I think they'll just manage to stay up above Brentford, Norwich and Watford, but it will be tight.

Nicky91 28-08-2021 01:18 PM

No, it is only the start of the season

and i think they'll stay up, above Watford, Norwich, and surprise surprise Leeds

LeatherTrumpet 28-08-2021 01:25 PM

If they get a new manager yes

MTVN 28-08-2021 01:32 PM

I back Big Sam to keep them up once they turn to him

bitontheslide 28-08-2021 01:33 PM

that was the worst i've seen arsenal play, it was a new level of bad and the players at then end looked like they had no fight in them at all. I can't see it being that bad for the rest of the season, but if it is, they will go down

Cherie 28-08-2021 01:50 PM

They will rally but need a new manager pronto

Lamps is available :hehe:

Shaun 28-08-2021 02:03 PM

no because it's City and Chelsea, the two teams that will be #1 and #2 come the end of the season. Brentford was a fluke and had many factors in their advantage (4 of our players being off with COVID, away game to a newly promoted team with the return of fans in the stadium, etc)

but as usual people love to piss on Arsenal fans as if we aren't already fed up with the club itself. have fun i guess?

LeatherTrumpet 28-08-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calderyon (Post 11088465)
They lost to Brentford 2-0, Chelsea 2-0 and are now losing 4-0 in their third match..

Will this season be the one when they get relegated? Or can they turn it around?

https://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/cus...ar6064_435.gif

Cherie 28-08-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11088491)
no because it's City and Chelsea, the two teams that will be #1 and #2 come the end of the season. Brentford was a fluke and had many factors in their advantage (4 of our players being off with COVID, away game to a newly promoted team with the return of fans in the stadium, etc)

but as usual people love to piss on Arsenal fans as if we aren't already fed up with the club itself. have fun i guess?

That’s what opposing fans tend to do, welcome to football

Shaun 28-08-2021 02:09 PM

Yeah I'm not rising to the bait Cherie, get a life

Cherie 28-08-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11088497)
Yeah I'm not rising to the bait Cherie, get a life

:facepalm:

Nicky91 28-08-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Brentford have that same advantage like Leeds had last year, which also a reason i think Leeds is a one hit wonder and a good chance of back en route to Championship they go

joeysteele 28-08-2021 03:57 PM

I don't think Arsenal will go down.
They're off to a bad start but I can see Shaun's point.
Chelsea and City were strong opponents already this season.

They'll get wins well enough over the season I think.
I wouldn't like to see Arsenal go down myself.

GiRTh 28-08-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

I admire your optimism but disagree. The Brentford game, we failed to defend a simple throw in into the box, today for their 2nd goals we failed to defend a simple ball into the box. Arsenal are failing in basic areas week after week. I agree that City and Chelsea will probably finish 1st and 2nd but am alarmed by the total lack of fight in this team, the managers arrogance in dealing with players and his lack of tactical nouse when his favoured tactics aren't working.

I was discussing this with a friend the other day and we were both thinking - when was the last time we thrashed someone? After about ten minute thought - Slavia Prague in the Europa when we dismantled them in 30 minute. This team struggles to beat everyone., We dont dominate many team at all. The stat line, in this game, of Arsenal 19% possession is embarrassing given its Artetas favoured way of playing. There are so many games where we have 60% possession but still concede two goals. We are no where near where we should be at almost two years into Artetas management..

Arsenal wont be relegated. I think this team is so poor that the top half is dream for me. Arteta seems like a nice guy and may well become a great manger but Chelsea showed last year what can happen when an experienced coach takes over. I said I'd give him till October but I've seen enough - Arteta out and Conte in. Antonio Conte would turn this team around and instil some fight and work ethic. He's available but I doubt for long.

LeatherTrumpet 28-08-2021 04:07 PM

Mystic Mock 28-08-2021 04:19 PM

As bad as the start has been for them, it's actually not too dissimilar to how Man Utd started last season and look at where they ended up finishing at the end of that season.

I still think that Arsenal are good enough to beat Norwich, Burnley, Newcastle & Southampton.

bitontheslide 28-08-2021 04:32 PM

people say city are a good team, but spurs beat them, they are not untouchable

Mystic Mock 28-08-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11088518)
people say city are a good team, but spurs beat them, they are not untouchable

That's because Spurs are a good team tbf.:laugh:

Nicky91 28-08-2021 04:35 PM

tbh City surprise me a little how many of these star players can actually play together as a team quite well

but Pep is vital in that amount of teamplay

GiRTh 28-08-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11088516)
As bad as the start has been for them, it's actually not too dissimilar to how Man Utd started last season and look at where they ended up finishing at the end of that season.

I still think that Arsenal are good enough to beat Norwich, Burnley, Newcastle & Southampton.

I think we might break even in that run of fixtures and no better. We might beat Norwich, I dont see us beating Burnley away - the way we play plays right into their hands, Newcastle - It would be embarrassing if not good enough for Arsenal, according to Arteta, Joe Willock leads his new team to victory and Southampton is difficult to call too. We are yet to score a goal on the Premiership this season and I see all of those teams scoring against us.

Mystic Mock 28-08-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 11088521)
I think we might break even in that run of fixtures and no better. We might beat Norwich, I dont see us beating Burnley away - the way we play plays right into their hands, Newcastle - It would be embarrassing if not good enough for Arsenal, according to Arteta, Joe Willock leads his new team to victory and Southampton is difficult to call too. We are yet to score a goal on the Premiership this season and I see all of those teams scoring against us.

Tbh I was hesitant about Burnley because of the way that they play, but with Aubameyang & Lacazette in the Arsenal team I feel like you're good enough to see them off.

I'll be brutally honest about the others though, I'll be very surprised if Arsenal can't beat them.

rusticgal 28-08-2021 05:00 PM

They haven't had a great start....the nerves will set in...but there is a long way to go...

LeatherTrumpet 02-09-2021 03:33 PM

Cherie 02-09-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11090086)

:hehe: