ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What can be done to save Tibb? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377846)

Kate! 19-09-2021 12:53 PM

What can be done to save Tibb?

Seeing as Alfs thread has been closed and we were left with his question.....Where do we go from here?.....I hope this thread is acceptable as a positive discussion please guys of how Tibb can be saved?

What are your thoughts and opinions? Does Tibb need saving even? Or is it on a slippery slope? What would you do?

I think a increase in staff would help.

parmnion 19-09-2021 12:59 PM

Early xmas names.

Alf 19-09-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11095819)
Early xmas names.

Now there's a man with a plan.

rusticgal 19-09-2021 01:22 PM

Just be nice to each other....respect the fact that we all have different opinions and people have reasons for their opinions whether you agree with them or not. Stop labelling people and name calling and sometimes just politely agree to disagree.
People should be able to express their opinions on people as often as they like and whenever they like.
This Forum was created to discuss human behaviour in The Big Brother House...there will always be people we enjoy discussing whether you like them or dislike them...

Alf 19-09-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 11095832)
Just be nice to each other....respect the fact that we all have different opinions and people have reasons for their opinions whether you agree with them or not. Stop labelling people and name calling and sometimes just politely agree to disagree.
People should be able to express their opinions on people as often as they like and whenever they like.
This Forum was created to discuss human behaviour in The Big Brother House...there will always be people we enjoy discussing whether you like them or dislike them...

Wasn't that one of Jerry Springer's final thoughts?

In all seriousness, you're quite right.

parmnion 19-09-2021 01:45 PM

Ban negative smileys.

Alf 19-09-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11095842)
Ban negative smileys.

:fist:

parmnion 19-09-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11095843)
:fist:

D:

parmnion 19-09-2021 01:54 PM

Infact, dont ban any smileys..

I have hardly used them, and I do think it has effected or affected the way some posts have come across.

But today, I've just found out I can just type D then :, rather than having to hunt it on my mobile.

Tibb is now perfect for me, or will be once I learn the buttons for all smileys.

Jigs 19-09-2021 02:19 PM

I think that forums are a dying breed when it comes to discussion platforms & how people choose to stay connected

The "instant messaging" style of .... other .... sites is much more appealing than having to try and find the relevant section/thread to post your thoughts in.

I don't actually know a single forum that is thriving rn. Maybe it's just becoming an outdated concept.

Toy Soldier 19-09-2021 02:23 PM

Realistically? Lobby the telly channels / streaming platforms to revive Big Brother and hope that it takes off with the public, and that in turn attracts new blood to the site.

With no changed to the current member base, nothing can be done to save it. Too entrenched, the place is at a complete stalemate.

parmnion 19-09-2021 02:27 PM

It's just an off season that's too long for some to handle.

Alf 19-09-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigs (Post 11095862)
I think that forums are a dying breed when it comes to discussion platforms & how people choose to stay connected

The "instant messaging" style of .... other .... sites is much more appealing than having to try and find the relevant section/thread to post your thoughts in.

I don't actually know a single forum that is thriving rn. Maybe it's just becoming an outdated concept.

You're probably right, all the forums I go on, including ones for British comedy and Rugby league, are all far much quieter and slower than in the past.

parmnion 19-09-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11095870)
You're probably right, all the forums I go on, including ones for British comedy and Rugby league, are all far much quieter and slower than in the past.

It's strange, cause what with covid and that, you would think the figures would have risen.:shrug:

Toy Soldier 19-09-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 11095868)
I enjoy discussing things on here with people who can hold a sensible conversation and offer decent debate. If its too negative and depressing then WHY do you come on here???...:shrug:

Genuinely not trying to start yet another argument rustic but reading this ... you surely can't genuinely believe that this is what's on offer in the threada bout H&M/Royalty in general? I'd love for there to be an actual good faith, unbiased debate about those issues but I've given up hope of that ever happening on this site.

Toy Soldier 19-09-2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11095872)
It's strange, cause what with covid and that, you would think the figures would have risen.:shrug:

They actually did for a couple of months, the forum was very active in April/May 2020 and everyone was getting on better than usual as well, because everything was so bizarre and crazy in the world. But then everyone got used to it and cabin fever started to set in and everyone ended up worse than usual :umm2:.

parmnion 19-09-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11095877)
They actually did for a couple of months, the forum was very active in April/May 2020 and everyone was getting on better than usual as well, because everything was so bizarre and crazy in the world. But then everyone got used to it and cabin fever started to set in and everyone ended up worse than usual :umm2:.

The clapping argument didnt help.:nono:

rusticgal 19-09-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11095875)
Genuinely not trying to start yet another argument rustic but reading this ... you surely can't genuinely believe that this is what's on offer in the threada bout H&M/Royalty in general? I'd love for there to be an actual good faith, unbiased debate about those issues but I've given up hope of that ever happening on this site.

Well tbf....you have never got personal with me on this subject matter even though we completely disagree...and I know this because I have never felt the need to Report you..:laugh:
I mean you can be antagonising :laugh: (but I guess we all can be at times) but it never reaches a personal level.

parmnion 19-09-2021 02:57 PM

Hes using shagger techniques rustic..be carefull.:joker:

Toy Soldier 19-09-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11095894)
Hes using shagger techniques rustic..be carefull.:joker:

I'm doing what? :worry:

parmnion 19-09-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11095901)
I'm doing what? :worry:

I can see how you got your nickname now.:nono:

You've even managed to soften the battle hardened rustic, softened her to a mushy happy smiley mess, all in one post.

Some man..:joker:

arista 19-09-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11095846)
nothing

this place is doomed

Rubbish

arista 19-09-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate! (Post 11095818)
Seeing as Alfs thread has been closed and we were left with his question.....Where do we go from here?.....I hope this thread is acceptable as a positive discussion please guys of how Tibb can be saved?

What are your thoughts and opinions? Does Tibb need saving even? Or is it on a slippery slope? What would you do?

I think a increase in staff would help.

Saving?

We are not at the level

This thread will get Locked
because you are jumping years ahead, Kate.

Toy Soldier 19-09-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11095904)
I can see how you got your nickname now.:nono:

You've even managed to soften the battle hardened rustic, softened her to a mushy happy smiley mess, all in one post.

Some man..:joker:

I'm an innocent man! I can't help it if I have a natural je ne sais quoi.

Kate! 19-09-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11095906)
Saving?

We are not at the level

This thread will get Locked
because you are jumping years ahead, Kate.

I hope you are right Arista.