ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Free Guy - the 2021 movie (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377973)

Gusto Brunt 27-09-2021 04:09 PM

Free Guy - the 2021 movie

I was looking around for a movie to watch yesterday and I downloaded Free Guy, a new movie starring Ryan Reynolds.

I didn't know what it was about but it had a good movie rating, so I thought I'd give it a go. The first minute of it I was feeling this was a bad mistake. And 10 minutes in I couldn't take any more. Biggest load of rubbish I'd seen in a while.

It's obviously a kids' film, as the dialogue is stoopid, and the action scenes are straight out of a video game. I don't play video games, or whatever they're called.

I actually quit the movie about 30 minutes in and boy was that 30 minutes painful. :joker:

Went back and read some reviews and most guys were saying it was the best movie EVER. I thought these reviewers must be 7 years old.:joker: Well at least they can write.:joker:

I'd posted on a forum how awful I thought the movie was and some arrogant guy called me a troll because I dared to dislike something he likes.:joker::cheer2:
https://media2.fdncms.com/riverfront...15376/free-guy

Babayaro. 27-09-2021 08:28 PM

I thought it was a pretty decent, feel-good film :shrug:

Niamh. 27-09-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babayaro. (Post 11098895)
I thought it was a pretty decent, feel-good film :shrug:

I enjoyed it as well

Vanessa 27-09-2021 08:51 PM

Mmm, I don't think it's my cup of tea either.

Strictly Jake 28-09-2021 05:24 AM

I really liked it. If you take it for what it is. It's very tongue in cheek and cheesy but the more the film goes on its actually pretty good. It's very very silly so it will be a bit marmite with people it's not supposed to be a serious action film.

Gusto Brunt 29-09-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11098899)
Mmm, I don't think it's my cup of tea either.

That's what this thread is all about. I didn't like the film, and nor do you. But loads of other people did. We have opinions. But this one guy told me I was a troll because I didn't like what he liked. :joker::nono:

Niamh. 29-09-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 11099524)
That's what this thread is all about. I didn't like the film, and nor do you. But loads of other people did. We have opinions. But this one guy told me I was a troll because I didn't like what he liked. :joker::nono:

I wouldn't give it much thought, he's an idiot :laugh:

Toy Soldier 29-09-2021 03:04 PM

Oooh is this out for download now? Me any my wife were trying to find it a few weeks back and I spent ages looking for it before realising it wasn't actually out yet :umm2:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 11098812)
the dialogue is stoopid, and the action scenes are straight out of a video game. I don't play video games, or whatever they're called.

I would imagine this is the issue; the whole plot of the film is that the character is a video game NPC ... ... it's clearly aimed at people who play video games, as otherwise a lot of the jokes and references aren't going to make any sense :think:.

Vanessa 29-09-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

We all like different things. A Bond movie for example is more my cup of tea.

Toy Soldier 29-09-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11099548)
We all like different things. A Bond movie for example is more my cup of tea.

It's true - for example I cannot get into the Daniel Craig Bond movies at all. It's a really bizarre one - I try to watch them, they're well made, well acted, they SHOULD be exciting, but they put me to sleep every time :shrug:. I dunno what it is. I literally haven't gotten through one without falling asleep and having to watch it in two or three parts. Skyfall I fell asleep about 45 minutes in and have never gone back to :umm2:.

It's like ... I can tell they're "objectively" better made movies than the Pier Brosnan ones but those (and the earlier movies) were just so much more fun :shrug:.

Niamh. 29-09-2021 03:18 PM

I just hate all the Bond's tbh

Vanessa 29-09-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11099550)
It's true - for example I cannot get into the Daniel Craig Bond movies at all. It's a really bizarre one - I try to watch them, they're well made, well acted, they SHOULD be exciting, but they put me to sleep every time :shrug:. I dunno what it is. I literally haven't gotten through one without falling asleep and having to watch it in two or three parts. Skyfall I fell asleep about 45 minutes in and have never gone back to :umm2:.

It's like ... I can tell they're "objectively" better made movies than the Pier Brosnan ones but those (and the earlier movies) were just so much more fun :shrug:.

I love Pierce Borsnan Bond. He's the best!

Toy Soldier 30-09-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11099552)
I just hate all the Bond's tbh

I find them enjoyable if taken as a sort of camp comedy - which is probably why I can't get on board with the Daniel Craig ones. I feel like they're trying to take themselves very seriously when, at it's core, it's just an inherently silly concept.

Marsh. 30-09-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

A bit like you calling people who liked it 7 year olds "but at least they can write" just because you didn't like it.

Not sure why you'd watch a movie about a video game to then complain the effects were "like a video game" but there we are.