ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strictly Come Dancing (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Ugo Monye is forced to pull out of Saturday's live show (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378248)

arista 14-10-2021 05:56 PM

Ugo Monye is forced to pull out of Saturday's live show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...live-show.html

[Strictly's Ugo Monye is forced to pull out
of Saturday's live show due
to 'back problems'... just a day after
Robert Webb quit because of his ill health
The rugby player wrote: 'I have been
advised by medical professionals and
with huge support from Strictly to get
some treatment & rest'
Ugo confirmed both he and his
professional dance partner Oti Mabuse
would be back on the dancefloor the
following weekend
Fans immediately flooded the comments
section to wish Ugo better - and said they
hoped to 'see him back on the dancefloor soon'
It comes after Robert Webb bowed
out of the show, admitting he had
'bitten off more than he could chew'
as he has an ongoing heart condition
two years after undergoing open-heart surgery]

joeysteele 14-10-2021 07:28 PM

It will be a really stressful and physically demanding period on Strictly.

The mental concentration needed to learn and remember all the dances and routines as well as do them.

There's lifts too and all of it on a short time scale of learning too.

I can well understand how injuries or muscle or nerve stress hits.

It's why I admire how much most of the celebrities do learn and achieve over their time on Strictly.

If his back is playing up, then definitely he needs to rest it.

Nicky91 15-10-2021 07:56 AM

hope if he returns next week, producers will go easy on him and hand them a normal waltz

to still return to competition relaxed

good decision to rest this week, even if only mild back problems, that isn't nice to dance viennese waltz, which has so many turns and that is not good for your back

slow waltz is different, lesser of those turns + i think he can pull off a very nice romantic charming one either

Vanessa 15-10-2021 08:17 AM

He can't just do ballroom. He has to do Latin as well.

Nicky91 15-10-2021 08:22 AM

Tom's comment on The One Show regarding this

Quote:

Following the news that Robert Webb has decided to withdraw from the completion and the news that rugby ace Ugo Monye would be missing a week, both due to medical issues, Tom said: "It's awful, it's the worst. Strictly is an amazing experience and we get one chance, the pros get to come back every year and be in this amazing family, we only get to do it once, so having to taking time off or leave must be so hard.

"We feel so sorry for them both, it's an amazing experience and nobody wants to be the one sat at home watching it go on without you, so we're sending all our love to Ugo and Robert."

Strictly Jake 15-10-2021 09:43 AM

I'm hoping there isn't an elimination this week it would feel a bit unfair for there to be one. Can they just cancel Sundays episode?

Vanessa 15-10-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11103613)
I'm hoping there isn't an elimination this week it would feel a bit unfair for there to be one. Can they just cancel Sundays episode?

I hope so. It doesn't seem fair to have an elimination, when two people are missing.

Nicky91 15-10-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11103613)

cancel the elimination, but go for a highlights episode on sunday, and also the dance debrief as usual + the pro group dance, and the guest performer with pro dance

bit of a debrief with the judges, to chat about the couples so far + what they've danced this week

Nicky91 15-10-2021 12:51 PM

also jake don't panic jeez

Ugo has just said on his insta today that he'll be back and this was just a standard ''procedure'' out of precaution, after that wild, wacky routine last week

fair enough and also viennese waltz like i said, that one is horrible for you even if you have the mildest of mildest complaints, all those turns, and not to mention the fleckrl

so they do not have to cancel the elimination, and we'll likely have a 3 person final