ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Have you ever met a celebrity but didn't know who they were at the time? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378255)

reecejackox 14-10-2021 11:31 PM

Have you ever met a celebrity but didn't know who they were at the time?

i was in the queue for harry potter , only realized as i went in that Suzanne from Hollyoaks was in the same queue

LaLaLand 14-10-2021 11:40 PM

Yeah when I was younger (about 7) I won a competition in school and met Ian Rush.

I’ve never been a football fan so had no idea who he was, despite my Dad/Grandad like fawning over him. :joker:

Conzors 14-10-2021 11:40 PM

Jo Brand came into my shop when I worked in a shop with her daughter and I served her, thought she looked familiar but just thought she was a regular, I noticed everyone starting at me whilst I was serving here and afterwards everyone was like THATS JO BRAND and I was like ohhhh

parmnion 15-10-2021 08:09 AM

Yes, idris Elba the other day

Smithy 15-10-2021 08:24 AM

Marcus Rashford and Jack Grealish

joeysteele 15-10-2021 08:36 AM

I was 12 and in London with my family staying in a Hotel.

This guy started chatting to us and I thought I recognised him.
It only dawned on myself and one of my Brothers, after he set off.
That he was Neil Hannon of Divine Comedy.

Once I realised I was so disappointed not to have realised before, as I love their recordings.

Dogeatdog 15-10-2021 05:18 PM

I met Nicky Pope in a club at New Cross having absolutely no idea that he was a Charlton player at the time. It didn’t really help that my friend (who is dyslexic) was saying ”LOOK THERE’S NICKY POP!!” instead of Pope :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 15-10-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 11103598)
Marcus Rashford and Jack Grealish

they are football players not "celebs" :joker:

Smithy 15-10-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11103827)

Celebrity is a condition of fame and broad public recognition of an individual or group as a result of the attention given to them by mass media. A person may attain a celebrity status from having great wealth, their participation in sports or the entertainment industry, their position as a political figure, or even from their connection to another celebrity.

Thanks

LeatherTrumpet 15-10-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 11103838)
Celebrity is a condition of fame and broad public recognition of an individual or group as a result of the attention given to them by mass media. A person may attain a celebrity status from having great wealth, their participation in sports or the entertainment industry, their position as a political figure, or even from their connection to another celebrity.

Thanks

nope they are football players

when they retire they may do that

sorry

Swan 15-10-2021 06:44 PM

Audley Harrison in a WH Smith in Bluewater, i wanna say 2000. I didn't know who he was, but i knew he was 'someone' just because of the crowd around him, and he was physically HUGE.

LaLaLand 15-10-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11103827)

Celebrity literally is a “celebrated personality”, footballers come under that I reckon.

Especially Rashford, even if just for his work off the pitch lately.

parmnion 15-10-2021 06:49 PM

Celebs are people that make you go ooooo in the street, if you see them.

Toy Soldier 15-10-2021 09:28 PM

Have you ever met a celebrity but didn't know who they were at the time?

I think I’ve mentioned on here before, I chatted to the bloke from “Outlander” whilst waiting an outlandish ( :hehe: ) amount of time to be served at a bar in Glasgow when I was on stag night. Had no clue who he was until I went back to the table and everyone was like “was that the fella from outlander??” And I had to google it, and it indeed was the fella from outlander.

LeatherTrumpet 15-10-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 11103871)
Celebrity literally is a “celebrated personality”, footballers come under that I reckon.

Especially Rashford, even if just for his work off the pitch lately.

Do you have a link?

LeatherTrumpet 15-10-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11103873)
Celebs are people that make you go ooooo in the street, if you see them.

I doubt anyone sees any celeb on the street

You might see a tramp on the the street or a busker

rusticgal 15-10-2021 10:37 PM

I worked in WHSmiths as a Saturday job when I was 16….Dame Edna Everage came into the book department to sign her books…didn’t have a clue who she was. Barry Humphries…what a character :laugh:

parmnion 16-10-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11103916)
I doubt anyone sees any celeb on the street

You might see a tramp on the the street or a busker

Ive seen richard and judy.:smug: