ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Wealthy Celebs in every other TV ad?! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378285)

Swan 16-10-2021 10:23 AM

Wealthy Celebs in every other TV ad?!

I wonder why they do it, im not singling anyone out, but i've been watching more actual TV recently i can't help but notice all these obviously wealthy celebs in TV ads. George Clooney in a bread advert? Philip Schofield in a Gin advert? I guess it just an easy extra bit of income, but i dunno, meh.

Cherie 16-10-2021 10:58 AM

It doesn’t sway me into using the products anyway

bitontheslide 16-10-2021 11:06 AM

It's like Rylan being on all the time too. It puts me off buying the product, so if enough were like me, their sales would drop and they would get rid of the celeb

GoldHeart 16-10-2021 12:48 PM

What about Kevin Bacon in all the phone ads , or is that because he's not doing much acting these days ? .

These products probably think they'll get more customers if celebrities are supporting them, it's always happened. And we all know the celebrities are getting a big ridiculous amount for their appearance.

Toy Soldier 16-10-2021 12:57 PM

There's huge money in advertising and if big brands are willing to pay, they can make as much as they would make doing a movie role (weeks/months of filming) for like ... 3 hours work.

Swan 16-10-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11104004)
What about Kevin Bacon in all the phone ads , or is that because he's not doing much acting these days ? .

These products probably think they'll get more customers if celebrities are supporting them, it's always happened. And we all know the celebrities are getting a big ridiculous amount for their appearance.

Yeah he's been doing those ads for years. Not seen him a movie for about 20 years though. Maybe he actually needs the cash?

Gusto Brunt 16-10-2021 02:16 PM

I heard former tennis player and now LBC Radio host Andrew Castle in an advert for insurance played on LBC - and he's still presenting on LBC. Surely that is against the rules.:fist:

rusticgal 16-10-2021 02:30 PM

Well George Clooney can advertise anything and everything because the more I see him on my TV screen the better....but Rylan, Philip Schofield not so much.
Any brand likes a celebrity endorsing their brand...and obviously these wealthy celebrities pick up a decent penny too to increase their bank balance...

Marsh. 16-10-2021 04:14 PM

Big money during a time when a lot of their TV and film productions would have been on hold.

The likes of George Clooney have always done advertising deals for mega bucks, though.

GoldHeart 16-10-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11104013)
Yeah he's been doing those ads for years. Not seen him a movie for about 20 years though. Maybe he actually needs the cash?

Yeah I think people mostly think of Kevin Bacon in the phone ads now :laugh: .