ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What drugs have you taken? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378552)

Redway 31-10-2021 10:00 AM

What drugs have you taken?

Somewhat controversial one but this isn’t exactly a site for children and virtually the whole world takes drugs at the weekend anyhow (legal or illicit) so it’s just one of them.

LeatherTrumpet 31-10-2021 10:11 AM

bitontheslide 31-10-2021 10:15 AM

i'm a sucker for an ibuprofen when i'm feeling crappy

Liam- 31-10-2021 10:20 AM

Alcohol and I tried a few fags in my teenage years, but never stuck to it, I have genuinely never seen the appeal of doing drugs at all and those sorts of people that go on about what different things they took in the clubs every weekend, as if taking drugs is a replacement for having an actual personality, do my nut in

thesheriff443 31-10-2021 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 11108510)
Alcohol and I tried a few fags in my teenage years, but never stuck to it, I have genuinely never seen the appeal of doing drugs at all and those sorts of people that go on about what different things they took in the clubs every weekend, as if taking drugs is a replacement for having an actual personality, do my nut in

Great post.

AnnieK 31-10-2021 10:35 AM

Did a lot of recreational drugs when I was younger...when I was clubbing no-one really drank alcohol

Daniel-X 31-10-2021 10:35 AM

Alcohol
Marijuana
Tobacco
Cocaine
Ecstasy
Ketamine
2CB

Nitrous oxide/poppers too but idk if you’d consider them drugs as such.

Calderyon 31-10-2021 10:46 AM

Painkillers.

Ibuprofen, paracetamol etc.

For pain only, obviously.

Redway 31-10-2021 12:40 PM

Alcohol
Tobacco
Marijuana
Ketamine
Magic mushrooms

I’m looking to try D.M.T. in particular one day but I’m too paranoid about having a bad trip. At least mushrooms wear off after a few hours. Edibles and other psychedelics go on for hours and hours and when you’re having an angsty trip that doesn’t make for much fun. I don’t get bad times like that on edibles anymore (I’ve become accustomed to the process of microdosing) but I feel like other psychedelics once you take enough to get you high at all really don’t have any off-button.

Anyone on here had any experience with D.M.T./L.S.D.?

AnnieK 31-10-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11108545)
Alcohol
Tobacco
Marijuana
Ketamine
Magic mushrooms

I’m looking to try D.M.T. in particular one day but I’m too paranoid about having a bad trip. At least mushrooms wear off after a few hours. Edibles and other psychedelics go on for hours and hours and when you’re having an angsty trip that doesn’t make for much fun. I don’t get bad times like that on edibles anymore (I’ve become accustomed to the process of microdosing) but I feel like other psychedelics once you take enough to get you high at all really don’t have any off-button.

Anyone on here had any experience with D.M.T./L.S.D.?

I have used LSD many times. I never had a bad trip but I have seen people who have.

Cal. 31-10-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel-X (Post 11108515)
Alcohol
Marijuana
Tobacco
Cocaine
Ecstasy
Ketamine
2CB

Nitrous oxide/poppers too but idk if you’d consider them drugs as such.

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/for...%2FyycrLjf.gif

rusticgal 31-10-2021 01:49 PM

I smoke tobacco occasionally...I have a glass of wine almost daily and have tried marijuana twice years ago.

smudgie 31-10-2021 02:20 PM

Drink and cigs.
Bit of hash back in the day.

Speed...whatever that equates to now.
Opiates.
All prescription of course.
I take 23 tablets a day so god only knows what is in them.:blush:

Mystic Mock 31-10-2021 06:57 PM

Alcohol and of course the hardest Drug out there... Calpol.

MTVN 31-10-2021 07:18 PM

Never been very attracted to reality altering drugs like LCD, too worried about it going badly

I will occasionally take drugs that enhance your experience though like coke

Alf 31-10-2021 07:31 PM

E's were fairly popular in my peak days. Definitely the greatest feeling as well, everything was just so good and they gave you great confidence to chat, much better than doing speed, where the come down was horrible.

LSD (or as we called them, trips) just used to make me have a permanent grin on my face that I couldn't get rid of.

Coke is just too expensive because you have to keep going back for more as the buzz doesn't last that long. On an E you could go all night long.

I'm just a beer and cigs man these days. My drug taking days are well and truly over.

Toy Soldier 01-11-2021 10:05 AM

8 from the list, I'm not falling into this trick of incriminating myself on a public poll :oh:.

These days I wouldn't have anything other than very occasional alcohol. Frankly the idea is just exhausting.

I'm wondering why heroin/opiates aren't on this list? Not that I've done them (other than sneaking a couple of 60mg dihydrocodeines from time to time :umm2: ) but just wondering if it was a deliberate choice to not ask about it?

Vicky. 01-11-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 11108510)

I don't think this tbh. I see drugs as enhancing my personality somewhat rather than giving me one. Confidence especially. Which seems to be a common reason for getting drunk to many.

I mean, I can quite happily do without too. But if theres stuff on offer and its not a hard line for me, and the situation is right, and I feel like it I will go for it. Hence, having tried so much :laugh: The opportunities present themselves so often I often think its meant to be.

Vicky. 01-11-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 11108650)
Never been very attracted to reality altering drugs like LCD, too worried about it going badly

That was me until recently when I was a little silly and didnt quite understand a drug I took and its effects, as I trusted the person who had it to not have anything daft. And they assumed I would know about what I was about to take. Crossed wires really but ended quite well and my fear of tripping badly has now gone. Seems to be about your mindset rather than much else from what I have heard, think its gunna be bad, it will be bad. Hence avoiding for all my life as I knew I would just panic on the first try.

LeatherTrumpet 01-11-2021 11:45 AM

I remember in the 90s working in offices and going around London and the UK doing presentations and meeting people you could definitely tell those who were on E every weekend and raving and those who were not

Also people would change all of a sudden and lose a bit of weight and you would think "yep they have just discovered E"

The change on the terraces was remarkable too

Vicky. 01-11-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11108731)
I remember in the 90s working in offices and going around London and the UK doing presentations and meeting people you could definitely tell those who were on E every weekend and raving and those who were not

Also people would change all of a sudden and lose a bit of weight and you would think "yep they have just discovered E"

The change on the terraces was remarkable too

This is me. Rediscovering it after many many years. I think the positive changes are down to more than just E though, personally :laugh: But it has certainly helped lift me when I was down over time.

Redway 01-11-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11108721)
8 from the list, I'm not falling into this trick of incriminating myself on a public poll :oh:.

These days I wouldn't have anything other than very occasional alcohol. Frankly the idea is just exhausting.

I'm wondering why heroin/opiates aren't on this list? Not that I've done them (other than sneaking a couple of 60mg dihydrocodeines from time to time :umm2: ) but just wondering if it was a deliberate choice to not ask about it?

The God’s-honest truth is that I actually forgot about the likes of heroin but either way I just feel like including that on the poll would’ve been a step too far. Anything from alcohol to straight coke are the drugs that are seen as more socially acceptable to experiment with. Heroin’s just a dark hole that not many people would even admit to taking in the first place. Meth. was already kind of pushing it. Heroin is just something else.

Niamh. 01-11-2021 12:52 PM

Crack Cocaine is pretty hardcore too isn't it? I always thought that was at a similar level to heroin

Vicky. 01-11-2021 01:01 PM

I would probably put crack at around heroin level tbh. Would be one of my firm lines. Which I am sure anyone who cares is grateful to know :D

AnnieK 01-11-2021 01:06 PM

I took a lot of drugs in my younger years and I do think they changed me...quite a lot. I was the typical raver....out all weekend and off my face from friday to Sunday. Spent the week recovering to do it all again. After I decided to calm it down a bit, my confidence was massively affected. I was always quite shy but without the effects of the drugs to help me, I became painfully shy and had no confidence. I know a lot of people like that. Took ages to build my confidence back up without that crux. We all used to go to a club and then back to various places afterwards and everyone knew and loved everyone etc etc.....we all decided to meet up once.midweek on a carpark....without the pills and whizz, everyone just sat in their cars smoking weed and nodding at each other.

I don't regret any of it but they did change me.